What would you say CD is worth?

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It doesn’t go up by 5M a year every time a new WR signs a deal. 35M a year lolol. It won’t even get to 32-33..
Did you read my post?

35 is just the negotiation #.

So what...you think CDs agent will accept something that won't be the new/temporary #1 salary?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I would say he's worth around Deebo Samuels paycheck...................24 million a year

If the cowboys are tearing this this down, I think you could get a kings ransom for him. 1st rounder+ a few other really round picks.

Realistically though? He’s going to get $30 mil annually at a minimum I think.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
CeeDee deserves every dime he’s going to get he’s a legit superstar and worthy of getting paid our offense completely runs through him bar none

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

I would say he's worth around Deebo Samuels paycheck...................24 million a year

He is worthless here unless he is traded, then he holds considerable value if this FO had a Herschel Walker clue.

JBS

Reaction score
Did you read my post?

35 is just the negotiation #.

So what...you think CDs agent will accept something that won't be the new/temporary #1 salary?
He will and he will get it. 31ish but average per year doesn’t mean much. Guaranteed money is what matters. And he will eclipse hill there too

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why would you trade a top 3 player at their position in hopes that a future draft pick would be a top 3 player in their position??? lol
Not saying you have to or even should move Lamb, but I think you're looking at it the wrong way. It's not moving Lamb for a pick that you hope is good enough to replace Lamb. It's getting 2-4 higher draft picks + freeing up a monster contract. In total you would be moving Lamb for 4-7 players. That starts to become an interesting argument.

Proof

Reaction score
I say he had a GREAT CONTRACT year of course, we're paying him for his big year, the new years of the contract won't be the same in production he'll become a diva will date a Kardashian and that's it!!
last year wasn't his contract year. he had a tremendous year the season prior as well. take a deep breath

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
He will and he will get it. 31ish but average per year doesn’t mean much. Guaranteed money is what matters. And he will eclipse hill there too
Oh, well I said 32 or 33...u said 31, we're kinda saying the same thing: over 30, by some small percentage. Typical new "highest paid player at his position" contract.

He won't be the highest paid for long though.

Reactions: JBS

Chuck 54

Reaction score
35 million is approaching starting journeyman QB money. I don’t think a receiver is worth that much, but we shall see. He will get what the market indicates, or he will play on the option and maybe get franchised the next year before departing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Those are previous deals.

If ur a Top 7 WR which CD is, and you sign a NEW deal, you will be the highest paid WR in the league. Then the next Top 7 WR that signs the NEXT deal, will be the highest paid...and so on, and so on. It's just the way it works, and why salaries are ever increasing.

If Hill is making 30 a year, CD's agent will insist on 35 a year, and they'll settle in the middlebat 32 or 33 a year.

A good GM could work around this....but our geriatric self urinating "GM" will let CD, Micah and Dak's contracts lock the team in cement, and we will have 3 highly paid players and 45 scrubs. His abacus accounting system won't allow for creativity
No reason to make anyone the highest paid player period. That precedence needs to re-established in Dallas, if that is what you are looking for, then you will be traded.

Let him make $17M this year. Then tag and trade him next year.

However, this years draft is the time to get a WR. So trading him now makes the most sense, as it appears we are in a rebuilding mode anyways.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
All I know is, if Ceedee isnt worth $30m a season, then nobody on this roster is worth it either

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Why would you trade a top 3 player at their position in hopes that a future draft pick would be a top 3 player in their position??? lol
Why is it so hard to understand that you get two first round picks to get good players on good contracts and you free up 30 million in cap space to do whatever you want. Sure it might not work out but you never know maybe it is Walker trade take 2 and you win a super bowl instead of watching your "star" do what he did against Green Bay.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Would trading Ceedee be enough to get into the top 5 to draft one of the top WRs? Also would a team accept that or just draft the cheaper rookie? I was thinking around 30M a year, but that's around a 200M contract. I'm not sure about that deal.