What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

It’s what’s going to happen so there will be no surprise. He’s an NFL top 7 QB off his best season and in his prime. If you expect anything different, you’re living in your dream world,,,,,,uninformed.

Bagman

Reaction score
My reaction would be.......not surprised. It makes NO sense to let a bunch of starters and contributors walk out the door and not replace them. It makes no sense to keep 95% of the coaching staff on a 1yr deal. It makes no sense not to sign any significant FAs. After all that, turn around and lock up your 9th year QB to the richest contract ever given to an NFL player. Especially after penny pinching at every chance they get. Yep, not surprised.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

It boils down to this. Let us quit knocking our heads on the wall with Dachoka.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My reaction would be.......not surprised. It makes NO sense to let a bunch of starters and contributors walk out the door and not replace them. It makes no sense to keep 95% of the coaching staff on a 1yr deal. It makes no sense not to sign any significant FAs. After all that, turn around and lock up your 9th year QB to the richest contract ever given to an NFL player. Especially after penny pinching at every chance they get. Yep, not surprised.
Right you are, govnor, right you are.

It just never struck me that Jerald was an anarchist until this offseason.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

They didn't spend to fix the big holes at RB and DT this year. Wasted year.

How does it make sense to extend Dak to top money when we've already wasted the year?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Saved me a lot of typing.

My reaction: This makes no freaking sense.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
No one should be surprised by that unless you live under a rock. However, I would still let him play out the year though, most QBs got their money and if he doesn't get it done in the playoffs is he getting a top end deal or a Kurt Cousins special?

Kwyn

Reaction score

Resigned to another good regular season and an early playoff exit.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?
It is what I expect to happen so my reaction is, why did the Cowboys wait so long to resign him?

It literally has cost them millions of extra dollars by waiting. So dumb. The Cowboys continue to fumble the Dak contract situation since 2019.

Chasing6

Reaction score

It will what was the point of waiting???