What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it were up to me I'd trade him or let his contract run out. But If the sign him we'll have to hope that they can build a perfect team around him which is very unlikely.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I would be very surprised because it would be foolish of Dak to sign now. The reason franchise QBs almost never even get to their final year is because they have no reason to resign when facing eminent free agency and the biggest bank possible.
  1. The franchise QB is almost always going to have the biggest salary he has ever had in the final year of his contract because they are all backloaded.
  2. Even if the franchise QB wants to stay with his current team, free agency guarantees the biggest offer the team can afford.
Some QBs might sign to avoid the risk of being traded and all that might imply or to avoid being tagged. But when the QB cannot be traded or franchised, he is a foolish homer to not play out that huge final pay for play year and become a free agent and see and show how the market values him.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I would be glad because hopefully they’ll make some traction on Ceedee Lamb next. Getting those guys locked up long term will give a lot of cap space for 2025.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YKnyWeP.gif

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s what’s going to happen so there will be no surprise. He’s an NFL top 7 QB off his best season and in his prime. If you expect anything different, you’re living in your dream world,,,,,,uninformed.
Rockport says that Dak will be resigned before the season starts. She is now on record.

And if it doesn’t happen, she is living in her own “dreamworld” and is “uninformed”, by her own definition.

Bookmarked.

ICP

Reaction score
I wouldn't be happy but I already expect them to so I'm not going to let it bother me. I think he's an above average QB that will get paid elite money. I guess it could be worse, we could be stuck with a bust of a QB and just be a terrible team. The thing I would like to see is some playoff success. Just go out and take care of business. But I stead we get the GB massacre and two years of SF beating us and looking really inept and embarrassing at the end of both those games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It is what I expect to happen so my reaction is, why did the Cowboys wait so long to resign him?

It literally has cost them millions of extra dollars by waiting. So dumb. The Cowboys continue to fumble the Dak contract situation since 2019.
They are making Dak wait so they don't have to pay CD this year. CD will be the priority next year so Micha will have to wait.

Stephen Jones is playing games.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Surprised. I can’t imagine him getting this close to free agent status and not taking advantage of it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would be very surprised because it would be foolish of Dak to sign now. The reason franchise QBs almost never even get to their final year is because they have no reason to resign when facing eminent free agency and the biggest bank possible.
  1. The franchise QB is almost always going to have the biggest salary he has ever had in the final year of his contract because they are all backloaded.
  2. Even if the franchise QB wants to stay with his current team, free agency guarantees the biggest offer the team can afford.
Some QBs might sign to avoid the risk of being traded and all that might imply or to avoid being tagged. But when the QB cannot be traded or franchised, he is a foolish homer to not play out that huge final pay for play year and become a free agent and see and show how the market values him.
I agree. No reason for Dak to sign now. I am sure his agent already knows what teams have serious interest in him for next year.

GM Jethro is not winning anything. So get your money and pick the better team that can help you get there. Brady picked TB for a reason. The team was ready to win. We are not close to winning with this roster.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is what I expect to happen so my reaction is, why did the Cowboys wait so long to resign him?

It literally has cost them millions of extra dollars by waiting. So dumb. The Cowboys continue to fumble the Dak contract situation since 2019.
Good question.

My thought is because of the embarrassment in the playoffs Jethro didn’t want to look too eager to resign him . And wanted to wait and see what the Market Price would be with other QB’s contracts this offseason.

Basically playing to the public perception. We’ll see. There’s still a chance he might let him walk. My best hunch is if it doesn’t happen before the season begins , it’s over.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I will enjoy watching the end of the Cowboys reign as America's Team.
The Cowboys are no longer a championship caliber franchise . And haven’t been for years.

But as much as we’d like to rid ourselves of the AT label I’m not sure they can with their unbelievable popularity despite becoming mediocre and visibility ( hate em or love ‘em) which keeps them as the top revenue franchise regardless the results on the field.