What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And Dak lives in your head 24/7.
Jerry doesn't want to re-sign Dak, and Dak and France are both ready to get out of the limelight and big pressure here in Big D.

France is salivating over potentially hitting the open market and Dak can't handle the role here.

Let a desperate team make the overspend of the century.

Jerry knows and will be fighting for the QB cap within NFLPA and CBA discussions, and Jerry does not want to be the last in line to overpay if and when a cap is coming and believe me, that is on his mind.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's also a gamble if he is offered a great contract this year and doesn't sign. What if he has a terrible year? We have Philly twice, SF, Detroit, Cincy, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Houston, etc on the schedule this year. It may be hard to pump up those stats when they don't have as many cream puffs on the schedule this year. He may go from looking like a $55 million a year QB in the eyes of teams to a $45 million a year QB. I think the potential downside is far greater than the upside. Plus there is always a chance of an injury happening.
Im intrigued by your signing bonus point on the previous post. I think Stephen just may be cheap to the point of the interest gained by paying it later is a factor.

Thing is, while I realize it’s a business, it’s also a game. Trying to win as top priority ought to be the case at some point. If nothing else it’s the right thing to do for the fans to fund the whole thing.

Also, while it wouldn’t feel like any sane person would try this, but sometimes it sure does feel as if they want Dak to fail so he will be forced to accept less money. Well, maybe, but it might not be here. That’s so idiotic it’s insane, but somehow I can’t dismiss it when it comes to these two. This FO gives zero confidence that they have any clue as far as direction.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't want to re-sign Dak, and Dak and France are both ready to get out of the limelight and big pressure here in Big D.

France is salivating over potentially hitting the open market and Dak can't handle the role here.

Jerry knows and will be fighting for the QB cap within NFLPA and CBA discussions, and Jerry does not want to be the last in line to overpay if and when a cap is coming and believe me, that is on his mind.
Looool.......Keep telling yourself this.

I'm curious what your response will be once Jerry signs Dak to an extension?

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?
El-Lobo-de-Wall-Street-The-wolf-of-wall-street-Leonardo-DiCaprio-10.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah, videos and stats mean nothing. Only people's biased opinions matter.

Got it. :facepalm:
I didn’t say they didn’t mean anything. I said didn’t tell the whole story.

Did you think when Danny White and then Romo set new Cowboys passing records that they were better QB’s than Merideth, Staubach and Aikman?

KevinHickey22

Reaction score
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?
My answer would be why? They could’ve done that back in March and saved some extra cash for free agency. So I would be shocked by the signing.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

The current CBA expires in March 2031. The NFLPA will not grant the owners any additional benefit in the current CBA without gaining a concession from the owners of equal or greater value to the players. The owners are not going to take a step back financially simply to take a step forward. The players union is not going to either. Jerry can fight all he wants. They won’t even be able to approach the NFLPA until at least 24 owners can agree on what is a financially prudent change. Right now a separate salary cap for quarterbacks will be of different value to different teams. Those that have signed QBs to huge contracts will want to be compensated by the owners that have not to keep it fair to all. They won’t be able to walk away from contracts already signed. Even if the owners could find common ground on that issue you’d still have 32 different ideas on how much additional value a QB salary cap is worth to give up to the players. The league is years away from a quarterback salary cap. Jerry Jones turns 82 in October.

Qcard

Reaction score
The certainty in your post is refreshing.
12 Wins in 3 Seasons and 2nd MVP in his role??
So 30 years is considered what??

Not Desperate situation?
Or in an alternate universe Dak Prescott will get $60M per season:lmao2::lmao:

kskboys

Reaction score

Yeah, maybe the Bears would jump once they realized they just drafted Justin Fields part deux.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#5 - You will not post racist, race-baiting or sexually insensitive discussions or comments.

The above applies to both direct or indirect posts. This is a one-time only reminder. Remain on topic and stay classy, CowboysZone.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The certainty in your post is refreshing.

12 Wins in 3 Seasons and 2nd MVP in his role??

So 30 years is considered what??

Not Desperate situation?

Or in an alternate universe Dak Prescott will get $60M per season:lmao2::lmao:
Keep living in fairy land and believing in unicorns, it's your life.