What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They didn't spend to fix the big holes at RB and DT this year. Wasted year.

How does it make sense to extend Dak to top money when we've already wasted the year?
Maybe they thought already have the DT on the roster with last years 1st round pick. And bringing back Zeke.

In order to reason with their actions and decisions we have to think outside the box with our dysfunctional leadership.

Maybe they still think they have a good and talented enough team to contend despite choking? I seriously think we have to consider the possibility despite however ridiculous it may seem to us.

CWR

Reaction score
I think I'll just shrug my shoulders and wonder why they waited?

I guess it was a good excuse to be inactive in FA.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe they thought already have the DT on the roster with last years 1st round pick. And bringing back Zeke.

In order to reason with their actions and decisions we have to think outside the box with our dysfunctional leadership.

Maybe they still think they have a good and talented enough team to contend despite choking? I seriously think we have to consider the possibility despite however ridiculous it may seem to us.
That’s exactly what they think. Where have you been?

btgboys41

Reaction score
When Dak signs, it will signal to me that Jerry got as much media coverage as he could out of it. That he is moving on to the next chapter of the media and fans debating the merits of the new contract.

Mr Crab is about that penny and Marketing.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Does that schedule include CZ posting time?
Well, I will be interested to see the chaos. Especially amongst those who still can't understand why it's going wrong.

I actually don't post that much now. I mostly just view & drop like's.

If he isn't re-signed, will your schedule change?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, I will be interested to see the chaos. Especially amongst those who still can't understand why it's going wrong.

I actually don't post that much now. I mostly just view & drop like's.

If he isn't re-signed, will your schedule change?
You’re posting your negativity here daily who are you trying to fool? Yourself?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?
fd556db3d8a7eafd943430fb7483f1c5.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never seen a pro sports franchise so comfortable with throwing whole seasons away with All Pros and future HOFers on their roster. The Jones boys’ comfort with playoff failure without making substantive changes at the top is absolutely mind numbing.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'm good with it.
i'm more upset we didn't resign tyron smith to that chump change deal he got with the jets...or sign rb aaron jones to that chump change 1yr $7mil he got from the vikings.

Chasing6

Reaction score
i'm good with it.
i'm more upset we didn't resign tyron smith to that chump change deal he got with the jets...or sign rb aaron jones to that chump change 1yr $7mil he got from the vikings.
He will be lucky to play 8 games.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Not surprised, because I expect us to follow the same path that doesn't lead to a Super Bowl that we've been on forever.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
When was the last time we had good news about this team? So yeah, we are getting used to this kind of stuff.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In answer to the OP question what would my reaction be to signing Dak? I guess it would be “meh”. Because if they sign him it will be for way more than cash than if they had acted sooner, and they have not built a good enough roster around him to make a difference.

Seriously, if I was Dak and really wanted a ring, I would not sign here again for any amount. Dak is like what Dandy Don was decades ago - he played poorly in the playoffs after playing well in the regular season. And the fans turned on him. Meredith was never the same. When the fans turn on a QB - deserved or not- it’s almost impossible to recover from that. Dak deserves his share of the blame…just not 100% which many fans lay at his feet.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
My reaction would be.......not surprised. It makes NO sense to let a bunch of starters and contributors walk out the door and not replace them. It makes no sense to keep 95% of the coaching staff on a 1yr deal. It makes no sense not to sign any significant FAs. After all that, turn around and lock up your 9th year QB to the richest contract ever given to an NFL player. Especially after penny pinching at every chance they get. Yep, not surprised.
My reaction? Until we get a few more pieces of the puzzle put together, mass confusion! If they dumped all those starters and left us a bunch of big question mark rookies and holes still to fill like RB and DT just to pay for another long term 50-60 M $ monster contract for Dak with no way out of it like they did before, I'm going to see red!
It's hard to see what kind of nonsense JJ has planned. I just know Dak is not worth that kind of a contract, and further mortgaging the Cowboys future is too high of a price to pay.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dak will only get paid more the longer they wait.
Probably. If I believed they were in the process of rebuilding to surround Dak with a true quality defense to go along with a good offense, that would help, but if "all in" meant "all in" on Dak instead of "all in" on the team, then all bets are off!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
In answer to the OP question what would my reaction be to signing Dak? I guess it would be “meh”. Because if they sign him it will be for way more than cash than if they had acted sooner, and they have not built a good enough roster around him to make a difference.

Seriously, if I was Dak and really wanted a ring, I would not sign here again for any amount. Dak is like what Dandy Don was decades ago - he played poorly in the playoffs after playing well in the regular season. And the fans turned on him. Meredith was never the same. When the fans turn on a QB - deserved or not- it’s almost impossible to recover from that. Dak deserves his share of the blame…just not 100% which many fans lay at his feet.
BH, Dandy Don Meredith was nothing like the QB Dak is. During his career, Don Meredith had a 50.7% completion rate, throwing for 17,199 yards and 135 touchdowns, 111 INTs, 135 TDs with a lifetime passer rating of 74.8. Whether regular season or playoffs, Dak is a way better passer and about to break all Cowboys franchise QB passing records.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
+1.......in fact, I'm pretty sure he can name at least a couple of teams who would sign Dak today if they could.
At 50+ million a year, there are Zero teams that will be interested in Daktrash esp after what is coming at him in Sept.
BOOKmark this post and remember La PAPPY is La rarely wrong!!!!