What would your reaction be if Cowboys resign Prescott before season begins?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?
My reaction would be nothing is going to change same ol same ol.
That would make me lose interest almost totally.
The only interesting games would be playoff games.

There is a chance they sign him in late august, or they might wait who knows.

This year is a joke anyway, The only way Dak and mike and lamb could prove anything, is to get to and win nfc champ game.
But if they were to do that then the jones boys would have to extend all of them would they not ??
And if they got to the SB and lost a close one , then everyone would know that if Jerry had just added a few FA, they might have won ! lol

It is the circus for sure, this year no nets for the trapeze people.

I think right now I have more interest in what wash will do this season. And same for the texans!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It is sought of like closing the barn door after the horses already left.

It makes no sense to do it now when they could have done it before free agency so they could kept some free agents and saved some money.

The only reason I see Jerry doing what he is doing is because he is planning on blowing it all up after this season, which is what I am thinking Jerry is going to do.
Dude Jerry is 84 years old. His clock is tickin. He aint blowin nothin up.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dude Jerry is 84 years old. His clock is tickin. He aint blowin nothin up.
I think he is sick and tired of getting embarrassed every time the playoffs roll around. He might be 84 years old but his ego is the size of Texas!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think he is sick and tired of getting embarrassed every time the playoffs roll around. He might be 84 years old but his ego is the size of Texas!
Well I will have to see it to believe it. A man who might not have 5 years left to live aint signin up for no 5 year rebuilding project.

Mannix

Reaction score
With ZERO offense to this great site, I've already cut my visiting and posting down by about 95% over the last 2-3 months....if Duk is signed, I'm guessing it would be next to nothing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Rockport and Rambo approve this message

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I ask this for the sake of argument as so many fans think we should let his contract run out and this be our QB’s last season.

Other fans would at the very least like to wait and see the results this season before resigning him.

Im not interested in which you prefer but simply what your reaction would be.

So, what would it tell you about our owner if he resigns him before the season begins ?

And what would it tell you about your instincts on the situation?
To be honest, I would think about it, laugh about it, cry about it...then forget about it.

I know who runs the show.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
With ZERO offense to this great site, I've already cut my visiting and posting down by about 95% over the last 2-3 months....if Duk is signed, I'm guessing it would be next to nothing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Rockport and Rambo approve this message
We’ve appreciated your absense immensely.

IMG-0503.jpg

Wangchung83

Reaction score
All the dark threads to stir debate..good for cowboyszone and everyone here support a player over team. In 2020 when he signed this deal we all agreed that he proves it with this contract and no more talk about outperforming his previous one. 4 years later we are expecting him to take a huge chunk of cap and still hasn’t proven anything besides he needs a great team around him to win against nfc least teams. What does this mean you ask: well resign him and most real fans will just stop watching, no hope for change better or worse until Dan and Jerry are both gone. Hope AC and Roy get the same quality of doctor for their surgeries, heart stents as dak has proven he is. Nothing like a rich guy getting richer without evidence of success;). In any other career you are judged on the hard days and dak has flopped but managed to still be employed. Me as I said I’ll just stop watching as I’ve stopped posting as much bc this is definition of insanity.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We’ve appreciated your absense immensely.

IMG-0503.jpg
Your bias is showing.

You forgot to include the following information. I’m sure that it was just an honest mistake:

Dak:
1) Surrounded by All-Star Talent including 4 All-Pro/Pro Bowl linemen and an All-Pro WR
2) Playoff choker

Love:
1) Not surrounded by All-Star Talent
2) Not a Playoff choker
3) Younger with a much higher ceiling

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your bias is showing.

You forgot to include the following information. I’m sure that it was just an honest mistake:

Dak:
1) Surrounded by All-Star Talent including 4 All-Pro/Pro Bowl linemen and an All-Pro WR
2) Playoff choker

Love:
1) Not surrounded by All-Star Talent
2) Not a Playoff choker
3) Younger with a much higher ceiling
No running game and a wet paper bag of a defense. You forgot to mention that. It’s a miracle they won 12 games with Quinn as DC. Mostly due to the QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying. Being “ all in “ to him doesn’t mean a SB contender. It means staying “relevant and interesting “ or “ hanging on the rim “. Does Jethro see Dak as enough to provide that?
Yes he does think Dak can provide that. But I also think he figured out he doesn't have to spend 60M a year to make the playoffs and get bounced quick.

plymkr

Reaction score
Yes but what would it tell you about our owners sense of current state of the union if he resigns him now?

Does that mean he’s still “All In” on this team , that is good enough to win now?
My question would be how can Jerry say he’s “all in” with Dak and the team without adding to the team. Again I would be mad if they resign Dak now, after FA l, they could have kicked the salary cap down the road and signed some support. If they resign Dak now then I’d really have to question if there is any form of plan with building this team or are they just reacting on a day to day basis.

Regardless how someone may feel about Dak. If they plan on resigning him the smart move would have been do it in March and get cap relief and load up the defense. I’d be mad if they resign him in August because they basically would put a weaker team on the field and expect Dak to do more with less. That would make me angry and disheartened.