What your Prototypical LB that you want to see?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What Height do you want your LB to be for the Cowboys, some are shorter in size 5'11-6'0, or would you prefer a taller LB like the size of LVE about 6'4?

What weight would you want your LB at for the Cowboys, there are some that are 220lbs starting off, may be a little lighter, or do you prefer a bigger thumper type of LB in the range of 240+

What skills must he have to be the LB you want, some are good at just being a run stopper, some excel in stopping the pass, some can do both, some are good at doing it all going from sideline to sideline

Build your own LB for the 2024 Cowboys!!! We need them badly!!!!!

phildadon86

Reaction score
What Height do you want your LB to be for the Cowboys, some are shorter in size 5'11-6'0, or would you prefer a taller LB like the size of LVE about 6'4?

What weight would you want your LB at for the Cowboys, there are some that are 220lbs starting off, may be a little lighter, or do you prefer a bigger thumper type of LB in the range of 240+

What skills must he have to be the LB you want, some are good at just being a run stopper, some excel in stopping the pass, some can do both, some are good at doing it all going from sideline to sideline

Instincts

kskboys

Reaction score
Depends on which LB position you're referring to.

MLB: 6-2/240. Why? There's this perception that MLB's are huge, but mostly they're of the 6-3/240 variety. Fred Warner is 6-3/230, for instance. I think most of them are under 250. Why? Because the MLB must be able to get past blocks to make a play. Big guys in the middle are often stymied due to size. A big MLB would have to have freakish athleticism to work there.

OLB: More like 6-1/235. Why? Because of utmost importance is that these guys need to be able to fly. Lots of coverage assignments making lateral agility and burst of utmost importance.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Depends on which LB position you're referring to.

MLB: 6-2/240. Why? There's this perception that MLB's are huge, but mostly they're of the 6-3/240 variety. Fred Warner is 6-3/230, for instance. I think most of them are under 250. Why? Because the MLB must be able to get past blocks to make a play. Big guys in the middle are often stymied due to size. A big MLB would have to have freakish athleticism to work there.

OLB: More like 6-1/235. Why? Because of utmost importance is that these guys need to be able to fly. Lots of coverage assignments making lateral agility and burst of utmost importance.
You really just made me think my entire thesis on MLB uhhhhh here you go again messing up my thoughts!!! lol Great job sir!!!

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I lean more toward production than measurements, especially since some linebackers (Payton Wilson, NC State) will assuredly put on weight once in the NFL, but still had very good production even without the big man body.

Other linebackers (Junior Colson, Michigan) are already filled out, maybe already nearer their ceiling.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I lean more toward production than measurements, especially since some linebackers (Payton Wilson, NC State) will assuredly put on weight once in the NFL, but still had very good production even without the big man body.

Other linebackers (Junior Colson, Michigan) are already filled out, maybe already nearer their ceiling.
Keeping an eye on PW, I would want a guy like that on here, I just want guys that love football, want to play hard and do what's right!!

calicowboy54

Reaction score

MLB 6'0 - 6'2 240 - 250ish. 4.4 - 4.6 Forty time, min 20 Reps on 225, and fast as hell 3 cone.
OLB 6'2 - 6'5 230 - 260ish 4.4 - 4.7 forty time, min 20 Reps on 225, and fast as hell in 3 cone.

both need to be sideline to sideline players and good at reading gaps and filling them.