What your Prototypical LB that you want to see?

Redline360

Reaction score
Just a LT or Ray Lewis you know not asking to much

To find someone who is fast, physical, and has natural instincts is hard to find. Why they come at a premium. I don't care how much of a freak of nature someone is athletically without instincts it almost goes to waste and would pass on those. Rather have someone who understands the flow of the game and has natural instincts then some pure dumb of *** athletic freak

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm not as wound up about body type as much as game. I think both big guys and small guys can be extremely successful.

Instincts are the #1 dealbreaker for LBs. It's a reactive position, and if a guy reacts slowly, he's dead. Speed is #2, you just don't see a lot of impact LBs running slower than 4.7 today.

Once a guy can get to the right place at the right time, then we can start worrying about his size.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm not as wound up about body type as much as game. I think both big guys and small guys can be extremely successful.

Instincts are the #1 dealbreaker for LBs. It's a reactive position, and if a guy reacts slowly, he's dead. Speed is #2, you just don't see a lot of impact LBs running slower than 4.7 today.

Once a guy can get to the right place at the right time, then we can start worrying about his size.
so size doesn't matter????????????/

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
If the DL is quick but undersized and cannot contain & control (what Dallas has currently), the you need power linebackers who excel against the run.

A better scenario is a powerful DL that can contain and prevent the OL from hitting the second level. Then you could focus on speed linebackers who can cover.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What Height do you want your LB to be for the Cowboys, some are shorter in size 5'11-6'0, or would you prefer a taller LB like the size of LVE about 6'4?

What weight would you want your LB at for the Cowboys, there are some that are 220lbs starting off, may be a little lighter, or do you prefer a bigger thumper type of LB in the range of 240+

What skills must he have to be the LB you want, some are good at just being a run stopper, some excel in stopping the pass, some can do both, some are good at doing it all going from sideline to sideline

Build your own LB for the 2024 Cowboys!!! We need them badly!!!!!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I would be happy with Sean Lee Type guy without the injury warts for the edge positions and R McClain type MLB .

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And Lee's INSTINCTS (which is probably the MOST important aspect of playing LB - especially MLB)
Agreed. But honestly McClains were not bad either. If McClain and David Irving actually cared about football they'd be waiting on gold jackets one day. If...if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle...

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
With Sean Lee's love for the game and work ethic.
This is the answer 100%.

What a shame his career was ruined due to injury otherwise who knows how far he would have went.

We need a football IQ player to lead this team on the field, Lee 2.0 is what we need.