Twitter: Whataburger the official burger of the Cowboys

reddyuta

Reaction score
Do they have the awesome coke machine where you can add all kinds of different flavors to the coke?

that and the roasted peanuts are two of my favorite parts about 5 guys.

not sure about that because i havent had a soda in more than a decade.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The secret to ordering at Whataburger or any chain that will customize it, never order it as it comes, change something and lie about it. If you don't want tomato on your burger say that you are highly allergic to them and they could cause you to be hospitalized. No since lying without embellishing. This will keep them from taking what you don't want off it and still giving you a sammich that's been hanging around for a while.

I read an article by some ex McD's employees about never order the fish sammich, it comes as is and sits around for the longest and it does so with mayo, tartar, sitting on it under a heat lamp. The bacteria are having their Christmas office party by the time you get that sammich.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do they have the awesome coke machine where you can add all kinds of different flavors to the coke?

that and the roasted peanuts are two of my favorite parts about 5 guys.
Yes, they do have soda machine you help yourself. And the complimentary roasted peanuts like Texas Roadhouse are a huge feature.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
5 guys is not Fast food, ive not been to many but never saw one with a drive through..you missed the point, Fast food cant be compred to non fast food..

btw whomever voted for In and out has horrible taste thats a tainted pole, dam cali transplants...ill take Sonic over in and out any day and for sure Whataburger hands down better then In and Out..
^ This X 1000! :hammer::bow::clap:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like we need a forum just for fast food, lol. If you’re talking sit down restaurant burgers, I like a local place near me called “Twisted Root”. I think there’s a few in the DFW area. Like most burgers these days, they’re overpriced but certainly tasty with lots of options.

I usually get the “Bison” burger made with buffalo ground meat. Leaner and tastier IMO. And Twisted Root has homemade pickles, and their shakes are made in front of you the old fashioned way with the silver canister, ice cream etc, like the old soda shops.

aria

Reaction score
You've told that sob story before. It invokes the imaginary sound of violins. I sympathize with your torment. Whataburger is that damn good!
Pfst...whataburger is trash. It’s so bad I NEEDED A-1 to cover up the taste and texture of their dry, flavorless sell out burger.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pfst...whataburger is trash. It’s so bad I NEEDED A-1 to cover up the taste and texture of their dry, flavorless sell out burger.
I will say this, take the meat out and by itself, it's not much. That patty needs all the other fixin's on it.

It's the opposite with Burger King, their patty is the best part of their burger. They don't shred the lettuce or chop the onions though because they're a lazy bunch with a creepy mascot. And you can't be secretive with Burger King because of those damned sesame seeds on the buns. You eat a Whopper in a wet suit and go through a car wash naked and you will find one of those seeds on you the next day.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
enhanced-buzz-23075-1484087020-0.jpg

is better.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I really wanted it to be good since all the Texas people hyped it.

It's basically McDonalds with jalapenos.

I thought maybe Arizona's versions were watered down so gave it a try when in Texas, and ehhhhh, nothing special.

aria

Reaction score
I will say this, take the meat out and by itself, it's not much. That patty needs all the other fixin's on it.

It's the opposite with Burger King, their patty is the best part of their burger. They don't shred the lettuce or chop the onions though because they're a lazy bunch with a creepy mascot. And you can't be secretive with Burger King because of those damned sesame seeds on the buns. You eat a Whopper in a wet suit and go through a car wash naked and you will find one of those seeds on you the next day.
:lmao2::lmao:

calico

Reaction score
There isn't a Whataburger within 1,000 miles of me.

I tried one, I think it was in Arlington, once. Didn't seem all that special. *ducks and covers*
I’ve never liked their burgers much either.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
5 guys is not Fast food, ive not been to many but never saw one with a drive through..you missed the point, Fast food cant be compred to non fast food..

btw whomever voted for In and out has horrible taste thats a tainted pole, dam cali transplants...ill take Sonic over in and out any day and for sure Whataburger hands down better then In and Out..

sonic is good yeah

Id call 5 Guys fast food even if there are no drive throughs. You stand up on line and to order and there are no waiters. You can see them cooking right behind the person taking the order and its fast. Id call it FF

Praxit

Reaction score
...is this a Texas thing? Out here in San Diego its zippo.