Twitter: Whataburger the official burger of the Cowboys

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They do the onion thing just the right way.
Most of these ff chains have specific suppliers and those onions could all be from one supplier and delivered already "treated".

When Ray Kroc first bought McDonalds Brothers, he made a deal with the creator of the frozen French fry, JR Simplot in Idaho, to supply all of the restaurants with fries and that deal stayed in place until Simplot didn't want to be that sole supplier any longer.

Met the owner of my #1 Gotta Have It Before I Leave the State Fair food, Jack's Fries. He made a deal with an Idaho farmer for all of his potatoes for consistency and had that deal for the previous 10 years when I had met him in the early 2000's. He said it would have been less expensive to buy the farm and learn how to grow potatoes but the farmer was smarter than he was and made a better deal. Man, I miss those fires with just the right amount of salt and vinegar/ketchup.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Whatburger is by far the best burger chain ,i havent noticed any quality decline since they sold out.

aria

Reaction score
It's still damn good where I live no matter who owns the company. Different strokes for different folks, right?
I wouldn’t know, I banned the sell outs after they took away the A-1 without warning. The night after a concert and several beers, my wife pulled up in the drive through and I ordered my usual $20 worth of Whataburger b’fast, burgers and the A-1 (as always) only to be told they took it away and didn’t know when it was coming back.

I felt so used, cheap and dirty. They make such a big deal of bringing it back with billboards and radio/tv advertisements only to rip it away with no warning. I felt like it was a girl who I loved for years, wined and dined, only to wake up one morning and all her stuff his gone. No note, no apology, no explanation...nothing.

Some things I can never forgive. I know it will never happen but I would laugh if they went bankrupt. I now support In N Out and a fine local burger establishment.

#screwwhataburger

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatburger is by far the best burger chain ,i havent noticed any quality decline since they sold out.
If you are a Budweiser/Bud Light fan, notice any difference when they sold out to Germans?

That "Under New Management" sign in the window only appears when the previous management was poor.

Hell, most of us don't know who owns what the hell we eat or drink.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn’t know, I banned the sell outs after they took away the A-1 without warning. The night after a concert and several beers, my wife pulled up in the drive through and ai ordered my usual $20 worth of Whataburger b’fast, burgers and the usual A-1 only to be told they took it away and didn’t know when it was coming back.

I felt so used, cheap and dirty. They make such a big deal of bringing it back with billboards and radio/tv advertisements only to rip it away with no warning. I felt like it was a girl who I loved for years, wined and dined, only to wake up one morning and all her stuff his gone. No note, no apology, no explanation...nothing.

Some things I can never forgive. I know it will never happen but I would laugh if they went bankrupt. I now support In N Out and a fine local burger establishment.
That's right. You could get A1 Steaksauce on your burger. Placed at the counter or the table. Damn good.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn’t know, I banned the sell outs after they took away the A-1 without warning. The night after a concert and several beers, my wife pulled up in the drive through and I ordered my usual $20 worth of Whataburger b’fast, burgers and the A-1 (as always) only to be told they took it away and didn’t know when it was coming back.

#screwwhataburger
You've told that sob story before. It invokes the imaginary sound of violins. I sympathize with your torment. Whataburger is that damn good!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one outside of Marble Falls?
It's actually in Marble Falls.

When this pandemic first started and the restaurants were closing down, they had a young lady assigned to do nothing but say "Yes, we are still making pies, what would you like"? I lmao when I first heard that as I imagined people and their priorities. "Did you call my sick Mon and Dad"? "Not yet, I'm on hold at the Bluebonnet".

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Wonder how many of these La’el had this offseason?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the best burgers I've had was in Fredericksburg at Jennie's Smoked Burgers and Tornado Fries. Had a great breakfast the next morning at Sunset Grill.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

#screwwhataburger
LMAO, that always puzzles me about the "for a limited time only". Why? So they can advertise that abomination "McRib is back"!!!! People should just save time and drop their pants and sit on that nastyass whatever it is. Do they alert the ER's that they can stand down when it's going off the menu?

Does a jeweler advertise "diamonds in the engagement rings, for a limited time only"?

HungryLion

Reaction score
i say way better because you can customize it just right.

Do they have the awesome coke machine where you can add all kinds of different flavors to the coke?

that and the roasted peanuts are two of my favorite parts about 5 guys.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's actually in Marble Falls.

When this pandemic first started and the restaurants were closing down, they had a young lady assigned to do nothing but say "Yes, we are still making pies, what would you like"? I lmao when I first heard that as I imagined people and their priorities. "Did you call my sick Mon and Dad"? "Not yet, I'm on hold at the Bluebonnet".
Yeah, we saw that on the way back to Fort Worth from Fredericksburg. If we hadn't of eaten at Sunset Grill already, we would have stopped there. Line out the door and parking lot full!