Twitter: Whataburger the official burger of the Cowboys

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sounds like we need a forum just for fast food, lol. If you’re talking sit down restaurant burgers, I like a local place near me called “Twisted Root”. I think there’s a few in the DFW area. Like most burgers these days, they’re overpriced but certainly tasty with lots of options.

I usually get the “Bison” burger made with buffalo ground meat. Leaner and tastier IMO. And Twisted Root has homemade pickles, and their shakes are made in front of you the old fashioned way with the silver canister, ice cream etc, like the old soda shops.
its on my list as you see very good reminds me of Fudruckers in a way..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I used to like Whataburger but I switched to a local San Antonio fast food burger joint called Burger Boy as my preferred fast food burger. They only have 3 locations so far.

Speaking of In and Out, I tried it 3 times with an open mind with the intent of liking that place and I have ranked it dead last in all burgers period. I’d even take a frozen burger over In and Out. Their fries even while hot are the absolute worst, on par with McDonalds after they get cold. Animal style doesn’t help. My kids seriously won’t even eat the fries.

Going back to Whataburger, they are also getting getting rid of the iconic A frame.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...so-Whataburger-is-getting-rid-of-15399532.php

aria

Reaction score
Yeah right, You're a terrible liar. lol
Soggy lettuce, weak bread, over salted patty, schwag tomatoes...now that they’re not even TX owned they don’t have one redeeming quality (other than late night bfast’.

In ‘N ‘Out is much better. Ya know, last time I stepped foot in a Whataburger was to settle our bet. I felt so dirty when I left I took a shower as soon as I got home and burned the clothes I was wearing.

aria

Reaction score
I used to like Whataburger but I switched to a local San Antonio fast food burger joint called Burger Boy as my preferred fast food burger. They only have 3 locations so far.

Speaking of In and Out, I tried it 3 times with an open mind with the intent of liking that place and I have ranked it dead last in all burgers period. I’d even take a frozen burger over In and Out. Their fries even while hot are the absolute worst, on par with McDonalds after they get cold. Animal style doesn’t help. My kids seriously won’t even eat the fries.

Going back to Whataburger, they are also getting getting rid of the iconic A frame.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...so-Whataburger-is-getting-rid-of-15399532.php
You have to order the fries extra crispy, did you do that?

glimmerman

Reaction score
The triple is the largest I've seen on their menu but they'd probably put as many on there as you're willing to buy.

My love of a burger is not a bunch of meat but the whole package with everything on it and all the different flavors and texture in each bite. And I think anyone that actually puts ham on a hamburger should be executed or at least incarcerated and then executed with that aberration as their last meal.
Yeah it’s the same place. We went to Texas when my g-paw passed and drove his body from Georgetown to Brownsville. When we came back we went to whataburger and I got a triple with everything and a extra patty. It was good. Also went to a steak place with a huge bull outside. Then went to salt lick and ate also. Had a open pit. Then another place called Smittys or something. Was amazing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sounds like we need a forum just for fast food, lol. If you’re talking sit down restaurant burgers, I like a local place near me called “Twisted Root”. I think there’s a few in the DFW area. Like most burgers these days, they’re overpriced but certainly tasty with lots of options.

I usually get the “Bison” burger made with buffalo ground meat. Leaner and tastier IMO. And Twisted Root has homemade pickles, and their shakes are made in front of you the old fashioned way with the silver canister, ice cream etc, like the old soda shops.
twisted root was my fave until they took off the sweet ptotato chips..ughh pissed me off..

J817

Reaction score
Better than White Castle?!

No White Castles in Texas (known that I know of anyway). Allot of these guys couldn’t tell you. Yes, Whataburger is better the White Castle imo. I’m not a fan of the bread White-castle uses but their frys are better the Whataburgers imo. Now Whataburger’s ketchup recipe is almost as good as Wing Stop’s ranch dressing recipe. They need to think about selling it stores.

plasticman

Reaction score
Very good move. I'm sure the vetting was 1st rate.

Great burgers, love their shakes and the cinnamon bun? Outstanding!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Soggy lettuce, weak bread, over salted patty, schwag tomatoes...now that they’re not even TX owned they don’t have one redeeming quality (other than late night bfast’.

In ‘N ‘Out is much better. Ya know, last time I stepped foot in a Whataburger was to settle our bet. I felt so dirty when I left I took a shower as soon as I got home and burned the clothes I was wearing.
LOL, funny but you're so full of it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Well the part about it being the last time I was in a Whataburger and gave them my money is true.
Of course, who likes losing a bet? BTW, them burgers were really good and much appreciated. :thumbup: