Whatever NFL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Two tripping calls at very convenient times. About done with this horse crap. After the past few seasons of Dallas getting no holding calls while on D and this .. go ahead, run your most profitable fan base off.
If Jerry can’t run it off it’s doubtful the league will. Lol

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I wonder what people would be saying today if 2 phantom calls took away the Pat's TD and the blocked punt? The result being the cowboys win

The NFL would be in meltdown mode like what happened to the Saints screw job last year...

Since it happened to the Cowboys who were playing Patriots at their home field it's pretty much expected.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think his point is that the interception, bobbled special teams play and blocked punt were all factual things that clearly happened and undoubtedly affected the game. The problem with claiming the bad penalty calls changed the game is that it is totally subjective. I don't disagree that the calls sucked, but there is no way to know what would have happened if the calls had not been made.
Not necessarily true. The blocked punt which led to the Cheatriots lone TD happened in thanks to the first bogus tripping call. That is a fact. Had that bogus first tripping call not been called, there is no way the blocked punt would have happened.

Plus, the 2and bogus tripping call negated a 3rd & 1 pass play that was completed for a 1st down late in the 4th quarter, thus killing that drive and ending in a turnover on downs to pretty much secure the win for the Cheatriots.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not necessarily true. The blocked punt which led to the Cheatriots lone TD happened in thanks to the first bogus tripping call. That is a fact. Had that bogus first tripping call not been called, there is no way the blocked punt would have happened.

So the Cowboys would never have punted the entire game if not for that flag?

Failing to properly block for the punter has nothing to do with an earlier play, but it's become apparent I'm talking to a handful of grown men and several children. I'll let you decide which group includes you.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah blame the loss on the league and the officiating. The Cowboys aren’t that good a football team deal with it!
So? Shouldn't we still receive fair and proper assessment from NFL refs?

Oh...because the Cowboys suck they deserve phantom BS calls? Really dude?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Failing to properly block for the punter has nothing to do with an earlier play, but it's become apparent I'm talking to a handful of grown men and several children. I'll let you decide which group includes you.
There's always a lot of if ands and buts....during a loss. But we deserve at least average going rate on ref calls. Even if we suck. TWO fake tripping calls? Doesn't strike you as odd? That's like impeaching someone until you can actually find SOMETHING anything.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Grow up kid and learn the game before you talk to grown men. Pay attention: Had the 1st bogus tripping call not been called, that particular blocked punt would have never happened! Understand? Is it clear or do you need more explaining?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So? Shouldn't we still receive fair and proper assessment from NFL refs?

Oh...because the Cowboys suck they deserve phantom BS calls? Really dude?

The Cowboys get the same as everyone else, calls go for them and against them, watch the games! Go back to the 2014 playoffs against Detroit when they picked up a PI call against us. They threw the flag and even announced the call then picked up the flag. Had they not picked up that flag the Cowboys would’ve lost that game. That was a big third down play.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys get the same as everyone else, calls go for them and against them, watch the games! Go back to the 2014 playoffs against Detroit when they picked up a PI call against us. They threw the flag and even announced the call then picked up the flag. Had they not picked up that flag the Cowboys would’ve lost that game. That was a big third down play.

So name me ONE other team that had (TWO)"tripping" without anyone actually tripping? PI? Holding? Those are easy, and regular phantom calls. Tripping?

Yes..I am indeed making a distinction in "phantom calls". There's the usual "phantom calls" everyone gets, and there's absolutely asinine "phantom calls" we got Sunday. If you don;t agree, fine.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So name me ONE other team that had (TWO)"tripping" without anyone actually tripping? PI? Holding? Those are easy, and regular phantom calls. Tripping?

Yes..I am indeed making a distinction in "phantom calls". There's the usual "phantom calls" everyone gets, and there's absolutely asinine "phantom calls" we got Sunday. If you don;t agree, fine.

If you want to dwell on this go ahead. If you believe the league has an agenda against the Cowboys stop watching the games.

DC4L_0420

Reaction score
Two tripping calls at very convenient times. About done with this horse crap. After the past few seasons of Dallas getting no holding calls while on D and this .. go ahead, run your most profitable fan base off.

Well Said. Now the league offices admit those where NOT tripping calls. Sick of the BS as well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well Said. Now the league offices admit those where NOT tripping calls. Sick of the BS as well.

As has been said...the effect it had on the final outcome of the game is debatable. But when the league has to make a statement....it should be taken seriously.

Do I wish we were powerful enough to punch it in anyway? Of course. Do i wish we could block for a punt on a crappy weather day? Sure. But when the NFL tells you "it shouldn't have been called"....and you aren't allowed to be like " o_O " about it?
I think some people go overboard to prove their "I am SO objective" status.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t act like a Cowboys homer. If you think the league and their officiating crews have an agenda against the Cowboys then you should stop watching NFL games and find another sport.

If you don't find these types of penalties questionable; there is no getting through to you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you don't find these types of penalties questionable; there is no getting through to you.

I do find them questionable they were bad calls but I’m not going to blame them for the loss. You and some others may live in that world but I don’t.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know what lie, you claimed the NFL admitted those tripping calls cost the Cowboys the game. The NFL never admitted that! If you want to act like a 12-year-old calling people names go find a playground! You seem to get your kicks hiding behind your computer insulting people. You need to put a lid on the name calling.

KJJ, if it happened once or twice, I would accept the mistake comment. If you have followed the team at all, even you would begin to question some of the ridiculous calls.

Don't get me wrong, every play has holding, grabbing, etc. Dallas has also benefited from a few mistakes, but against certain teams in this league, ridiculous phantom calls will be made.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I do find them questionable they were bad calls but I’m not going to blame them for the loss. You and some others may live in that world but I don’t.
:huh:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

No, we live in the same world. I am just giving the team the benefit of the doubt. Because many on the forum, tend to criticize Dallas daily, every negative influence against them is acceptable.

If that happened to the Patriots, many on this forum would state, that is the only reason Dallas won. For all the ineptness, that is the Cowboys. They need no help in losing any games.