What's Next? Cowboys' LB corps is in dire straits

erod

Reaction score
It sounds like math isn't your strong point.
LOL, wow.

The odds of hitting the same number 4 times in 4 roulette spins is 1 in 1,874,161 attempts.

So the odds are slightly better than that with an extra spin.

Learn math.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
There are simply too many holes to fill in one season.

The Niners and Packers blowout games should have made that painfully clear.

Resigning Dak, Lamb and Parsons makes it all but impossible to remedy it through free agency in a MEANINGFUL way.

Next season is gonna be tough....I'm looking well beyond that for real change
ESPN ranks the Cowboys at #7 to start next season. Whatever they’re smoking I wish they’d pass it to me.

rambo2

Reaction score
It sounds like math isn't your strong point.

LOL, wow.
The odds of hitting the same number 4 times in 4 roulette spins is 1 in 1,874,161 attempts.

So the odds are slightly better than that with an extra spin.

Learn math.
I have actually seen the same number hit on consecutive turns of the wheel. Each turn of the wheel is random. The next turns of the wheel have nothing to do with what happened on previous turns. The odds go back to 37 to 1 on each individual spin.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bobby Wagner will be age 34, but he is also due to be a FA this year in 2024, off just a one year deal with Seattle
in which he still made another pro bowl.

Would he be worth a shot at him as we ignored him last FA period ?
The Cowboys didn't ignore him. He said he wanted to go to Seattle.

Carson

Reaction score
The Cowboys didn't ignore him. He said he wanted to go to Seattle.
I wish people understood these things.

Wagner said he wasn’t moving his family from the west coast. Just because we as fans wanted Bobby Wagner does not mean Bobby Wagner wanted to be a dallas cowboy

Same thing with guys like Javon Hargrave, Chris Jones, Patrick Queen etc

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish people understood these things.

Wagner said he wasn’t moving his family from the west coast. Just because we as fans wanted Bobby Wagner does not mean Bobby Wagner wanted to be a dallas cowboy

Same thing with guys like Javon Hargrave, Chris Jones, Patrick Queen etc
Thank you!!!

This is exactly why people shouldn't buy into the "Jerry should go after X player in FA" because there may be zero chance of getting them.

erod

Reaction score
I have actually seen the same number hit on consecutive turns of the wheel. Each turn of the wheel is random. The next turns of the wheel have nothing to do with what happened on previous turns. The odds go back to 37 to 1 on each individual spin.
No, that's not how it works. Before you've spun it once, it's not 1 in 37.

Before you begin, it's 1/37 x 1/37 x 1/37 x 1/37 = the odds.

By your logic, the odds of flipping a coin 100 times and getting heads every time is 50%.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They need a complete overhaul on the inside.

Parsons and Overshown are your starting points.

Clark is good depth, Vander Esch cannot be counted on.

Simple fix sign Josey Jewell as your starter, then sign a cheaper vet like Chaisson ($3 million) and draft Junior Colson early and a guy like Tommy Eichenberg or Dallas Gant on day 3.

You can then line up MICAH-JEWELL-OVERSHOWN (Vet to play if Overshown needs more time)

You groom Colson to be your future LB and Clark can eat snaps when needed.
The key is putting Micah back at LB for run downs. Will improve LB and DE for run defense, and improve Micah's pass rush from DE on pure pass downs.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There are 38 numbers on a roulette wheel, in the US. When calculating sequential events, you multiply the probability of each separate event together. The same number twice in a row, in US roulette, is 1/1,444. I’ve seen two in a row multiple times. Lived in Las Vegas (Henderson) for 22 years. Enjoyed 10 cent roulette at the Eldorado in Henderson years ago. Never saw the same number come up three times in a row.