What's on the Menu? vs Deadskins

Naes

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2294633 said:
We know, Dallas games are your superbowl. We actually have a legitimate shot at the real one though.

Congrats on today, see you next time.
I honestly don't see you guys winning a playoff game this decade either if you don't drop that attitude. The fact that the Cowboys are perennially Superbowl bound just sets you guys up for failure.

Don't blame the Skins for getting hyped up for a game that they needed. Every game in the division should be treated as a Superbowl, if not you may find yourself left out come January.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Naes;2294651 said:
I honestly don't see you guys winning a playoff game this decade either if you don't drop that attitude. The fact that the Cowboys are perennially Superbowl bound just sets you guys up for failure.

Don't blame the Skins for getting hyped up for a game that they needed. Every game in the division should be treated as a Superbowl, if not you may find yourself left out come January.
You realize you're talking to a fan. Alot of 'Boys fans are always going to think that about Skins fans.

I'm the sure the teams themselves don't feel that way. Tho I question some of the antics of a couple of your players.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Wow, this is the most homerish forum i've seen in my life. I write one post about eating crow and it gets deleted? Pretty damn lame you can talk trash when you win, but can't lose gracefully.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2294949 said:
Wow, this is the most homerish forum i've seen in my life. I write one post about eating crow and it gets deleted? Pretty damn lame you can talk trash when you win, but can't lose gracefully.

go back to ES.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
SacredStar;2289752 said:
Today was supposed to be our annual fishfry day watching the Cowboys and Commanders with my fellow Dallas fans. We pick one game a year and have a huge fishfry with tons of side dishes.

The organizer of this event, Greg, caught most of the fish and rises early to prepare everything.

Today I got a call at 6:00 am from his wife. She told me she found him laying on the floor in their kitchen, dead from a heart attack. He was only 52.

After just meeting with the guys, we decided the fishfry will go on in his honor. It will be a somber day here, and even a Cowboy win will not erase our pain, we will still cheer our team to victory, for Greg.

Sorry to hear of your personal loss.

Personally, I had Pringles and Beer.

Extreme, stop being "that guy".

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Extreme;2294949 said:

Good post.

We'll remember it when we come to DC.;)

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
Extreme;2294949 said:

You have to understand that there is a time and a place for it. The game had just ended and emotions were too high when you posted that. You need to let people cool off. The only reason I posted back on here was because that guy asked for it and I waited a few hours to do it.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Extreme;2294949 said:

56-40. All time series.

5 Super Bowls > 3 Super Bowls.

And don't tell me to stop living in the past, because that logic would mean that your victory yesterday should already be forgotten and ignored.

They keep stats for a reason, and your favorite team; has been perpetually mediocre.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Extreme;2294949 said:
Would you prefer I treated it like the troll post it was? I can very easily undelete it and give you the infraction it deserved instead.

Your call.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
GoinForSix;2295358 said:
56-40. All time series.

5 Super Bowls > 3 Super Bowls.

And don't tell me to stop living in the past, because that logic would mean that your victory yesterday should already be forgotten and ignored.

They keep stats for a reason, and your favorite team; has been perpetually mediocre.

Funny how everyone else on the planet counts total championships instead of just Super Bowls, except for Dallas fans. :rolleyes:

Each team has won 5. Just because The Commanders won 2 when it had a different name, doesn't mean they don't count.

If we're so mediocre, what does that make you? We won. Or did you not see that part? We've won 5 of the last 7. That means you're starting to make a habit of losing to mediocre teams huh?

Why can't you be as cordial as your family here and at least be willing to admit the better team won yesterday? Is your ego too big? It's not like I came in here starting flaming threads calling out and bashing your team.

I also like how your board automatically calls me a troll, when the only things I've posted were for humor threads, which were very obvious, and congratulating the Cowboys for a good game.

What do you call people who really do troll?

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2295505 said:
Would you prefer I treated it like the troll post it was? I can very easily undelete it and give you the infraction it deserved instead.

Your call.
It wasn't a troll post. Call it what you want, but it wasn't. I understand you run things here, and I respect that. Some of the mods at ES have actually spoken highly of you over the years, so I am genuinely shocked to find out you were the one that deleted it, since it was purely for humor, and a simple one liner that would take an extremely thin skin to be offended by.

It was harmless fun. Do you not mess with Skins fans you know when the Cowboys win? Do they punch you in the face for it? I didn't think so.

I apologize for offending so many people with a harmless throw away post.

I understand everyone was still hot from the loss, but seriously. Do you want every non fan to come in offering blowjobs and saying the Cowboys are the greatest thing in the world? Surrounding yourselves with that is why losses like this obliterate you so badly.

If you shield yourself from reality, the shock will always hit harder.

It could be worse, at least I respected you guys enough to not present you with a ridiculously ******** flame job that your fans post on ES every time you win.

Just let it roll off your back, I meant nothing by it. It's called poking fun. Lighten up and try it sometime.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Extreme;2296930 said:
It wasn't a troll post. Call it what you want, but it wasn't. I understand you run things here, and I respect that. Some of the mods at ES have actually spoken highly of you over the years, so I am genuinely shocked to find out you were the one that deleted it, since it was purely for humor, and a simple one liner that would take an extremely thin skin to be offended by.
As one of your cohorts said earlier, it's about timing man. To you it's humor. To the people here it's disrespect. To the staff, it's a fire we're going to have to put out.

It was harmless fun. Do you not mess with Skins fans you know when the Cowboys win? Do they punch you in the face for it? I didn't think so.
On this site, yes. On their site, not once, not ever. I have tremendous respect for ES and the Mods there. I would never purposely do something that would stir up crap that they have to deal with.

I apologize for offending so many people with a harmless throw away post.
No one was offended because I deleted it.

I understand everyone was still hot from the loss, but seriously. Do you want every non fan to come in offering *******s and saying the Cowboys are the greatest thing in the world? Surrounding yourselves with that is why losses like this obliterate you so badly.
What I want is for it to be about football. If that is too much to ask of a fan of another team it is a sad commentary on the mentality of those fans.

If you shield yourself from reality, the shock will always hit harder.
Smack talk isn't reality, it's an attempt to stir up friction. We're going to have enough of that with the loss without sand added to the mix.

It could be worse, at least I respected you guys enough to not present you with a ridiculously ******** flame job that your fans post on ES every time you win.
I don't know why I have to explain this to every Skins fan who comes down the pike, but here goes. I do not condone Cowboys fans doing flame jobs at any other team's website. I do not give a flying crap for the tit for tat mentality and never have. If they go to ES or any other site and do anything other than be respectful and post about the game and they end up banned...good. I don't want you guys pulling that crap here. I don't condone our fans doing it there. I prefer to be better than that. If some can't rise out of the gutter that is on them.

Just let it roll off your back, I meant nothing by it. It's called poking fun. Lighten up and try it sometime.
There is a time and a place for it. Dredging up an hours dead thread to get in a shot is not the time nor the place. It was a thread about food. One idiot made it something else. Compounding that is the problem.