CFZ What's really going on, and what's this season really about?

erod

Reaction score
Since when has Jerry or Stephen had anything clever up their sleeve? The cap room exists b/c they have no clue how to go into the free agent market and maximize their cap dollars. They aren't familiar enough with the depth of talent in the league to feel comfortable paying someone to come in and take a job from one of "their guys". They know Ball and Walesko. Its better to HOPE they can step up than bring in a cap casualty from a team they barely know.

Tyler Smith saw no snaps at LT in TC or the preseason. So, clearly he wasn't the plan at LT. He was drafted to replace Connor Williams apparently. He may now have to slide outside, but lets pretend that was part of some grand plan.

Stephen and Jerry don't have to intentionally sabotage anything. They are dumb enough to do it unwittingly.
I didn't say they sabotaged anything. I just know they spent massive draft capital on Tyron's replacement, and that may have just been forced by necessity to be now.

No argument that they continue to botch free agency needs.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I agree that he is all about himself but which player holds his teammates accountable?

Wasn't that the reason people felt Irvin was a leader?

I do not like Brady or Rodgers but I consider both to be the QB's that hold their teammates accountable and if a receiver drops one of their passes, he regrets that immediately. And he's not likely to see another ball for quite a few plays.

Prescott is too much the owner's ventriloquist dummy for me.
i don't remember michael irvin calling out teammates thru the media.
he did it on the sidelines during games or the lockerroom...and practice field.
but calling out teammates at the podium or in interviews is about what i'd expect from a coach killer who throws teammates under the bus.
being the tough guy at the podium doesn't make you a leader.

as for Dak...i don't think he's anybody's puppett.
who knows what he tells his guys directly.
after all...they spend the whole off-season together working out...at dak's prompting.
you may not like his style...but that doesn't make him a puppett.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say they sabotaged anything. I just know they spent massive draft capital on Tyron's replacement, and that may have just been forced by necessity to be now.

No argument that they continue to botch free agency needs.

I thought you were inferring they were sabotaging MM to get Sean Payton in here next year.

The 24th pick in the draft is not massive draft capitol. Most years, we don't even have 24 players with first round grades. Tyson was the 7th OT tackle taken in round 1. So, he likley didn't have a first round grade and was a reach pick better suited to play G.

The plan for Tyron is the same every year. Hope he stays healthy and roll the dice on an unproven swing tackle on the cheap. Now the teams in a pickle and will likely have to slide tyson to tackle if they can't swing a trade.