What's Stopping Dak's Agent From Getting Him The Same Type Of Deal Again?

JustChip

Reaction score
Mayfield took his team where? To beating the sorry Eagles?
To a Division crown and beat an inferior team at home to advance. The point isn’t that Mayfield is better than Dak. He’s not in my opinion. The point is that the thought that this team can ONLY accomplish what he has with Dak as the QB. Too many fans are frozen by that thinking. The FO might be as well.

Riddle me this. How do top colleges turn over at QB every 2 or 3 years and still remain competitive?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To a Division crown and beat an inferior team at home to advance. The point isn’t that Mayfield is better than Dak. He’s not in my opinion. The point is that the thought that this team can ONLY accomplish what he has with Dak as the QB. Too many fans are frozen by that thinking. The FO might be as well.

Riddle me this. How do top colleges turn over at QB every 2 or 3 years and still remain competitive?
The Buccs won 8 games. Cowboys won 12. The Cowboys can do far better than Baker and Dak too if he’s gonna play like he has in the playoffs.

As far as your question? Typically the top colleges get the top talent…..so they are stacked at every position including backups.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Is this sarcasm?

I can't tell.

Because I'd much rather my team advance in the playoffs than win 12 games.
LV7ExNV.jpg

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dang, I remember us beating the Bucs. I was thumping my chest and pointing to the stars it was so awesome. Don't mind they were a bad team.

JustChip

Reaction score
The Buccs won 8 games. Cowboys won 12. The Cowboys can do far better than Baker and Dak too if he’s gonna play like he has in the playoffs.

As far as your question? Typically the top colleges get the top talent…..so they are stacked at every position including backups.
The Bucs won 9, but not really significant whether it was 8, 9 or 10.

And good point on the talent at the college level. But it also points out that a well constructed team does not have to have the same QB for 8, 10 or 12 years. Especially considering the resources one consumes in the salary cap era.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
is was funny there at the end of the game when Love was running out the clock and he hollered "Here we go" " That was the icing on the cake.

JustChip

Reaction score
If Mayfield played on the Cowboys this year instead of Prescott they would have still made the playoffs. And who knows maybe win a playoff game because he didn't poop his pants like Prescott always does in the playoffs
Mayfield wasn’t going to win that game with how the defense played (or not played, whichever you prefer).

Staubacher

Reaction score
is was funny there at the end of the game when Love was running out the clock and he hollered "Here we go" " That was the icing on the cake.
Wow that really happened? And not one cowboy seem bothered by any of it. But now they're mad at a TV personality and aren't afraid to bark back at him. It is really a sad disgraceful time to be a Cowboys fan

vlad

Reaction score
What's in the way of it being another situation of Dak's owed so much money in his last year that the Cowboys can't afford to not extend him 4 years from now?

Do we really want to pay a 35 year old Dak 75-80 mil his final season?

Are we just going to keep extending him until he retires?

Where does it end?
Stephen running off into the mist never to be heard from again?