What's Stopping Dak's Agent From Getting Him The Same Type Of Deal Again?

stiletto

Reaction score
At some point, you just have to rip the Band-Aid off & live with the short-term pain.

Extending Dak at this late date is insanity.
Jerry "doesn't have time for a bad time". He'd rather go out winning 12 games a year than go through another rebuild. I don't think anything like that will happen until he passes away. He's 81. It's pretty obvious (and it should be to everyone) that it isn't happening.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's in the way of it being another situation of Dak's owed so much money in his last year that the Cowboys can't afford to not extend him 4 years from now?

Do we really want to pay a 35 year old Dak 75-80 mil his final season?

Are we just going to keep extending him until he retires?

Where does it end?
Think about it.
Why spend a 4th rounder for Trey Lance as it's a pick that has a certain value correct?
Heck, Prestrash was a 4th rounder.
Why carry over 20 million of cap dollars?
It's pretty evident the team and esp the def have no to very little faith that Prescott can make a difference if the rest of the team is not playing to perfection.
Your QB is a Stat-Bandito everyone including Jerry knows this and folds like a cheap tent against playoff-bound teams.
Don't be surprised if Prestrash isn't a post-June 1st cut and the team simply moves on from a QB who has had more than his fair chances to prove he has what it takes in the playoffs.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Ahhh. His wins don't count because they are better then Dak's. Got it.
Uh, not what I said.

The idea that Tannehill can be productive in the playoffs NOW is stupid because he hasn't won in 4 years and when he did, he didn't do anything.

Like do you really believe what you're saying?

Asklesko

Reaction score
With an owner like Jerry Jones, who can't bear the thought of one bad year, Dak can ask his price. It's that simple.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now that they are running it back.....big sigh, then gag, then vomit

Dak extension: Big sigh, then gag, then vomit
What is it going to look like?
Anyway he takes a pay cut and not demand top money?

jsb357

Reaction score
Regardless of the level of Dak's play Jerry will make him the highest paid player in the league.

And Jerry will do it without much hesitation.

It will be a bragging point like buying a new yacht.

It's how Jerry rolls.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Uh, not what I said.

The idea that Tannehill can be productive in the playoffs NOW is stupid because he hasn't won in 4 years and when he did, he didn't do anything.

Like do you really believe what you're saying?
Nope. He hasn't. But, he made a championship game. Dak has never been close. I'm not saying he's better then Dak. But, the difference is neglibible.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What's in the way of it being another situation of Dak's owed so much money in his last year that the Cowboys can't afford to not extend him 4 years from now?

Do we really want to pay a 35 year old Dak 75-80 mil his final season?

Are we just going to keep extending him until he retires?

Where does it end?
Yup keep on hoping and hoping he finally gets us one or gets injured so we won't feel so obligated to play him. Romo part 2

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Nope. He hasn't. But, he made a championship game. Dak has never been close. I'm not saying he's better then Dak. But, the difference is neglibible.
They made a championnship game by taking the ball out of his hand.

This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this site.

HMJYay

Reaction score
They made a championnship game by taking the ball out of his hand.

This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen on this site.
Actually he made some big throws at the end of that game to get a game winning field goal to get to the championship game. Somethign Dak has never done in a playoff game. So, if that's a dumb argument I guess so. Like I said I'm not saying he's better then Dak. It's a team game. But, Dak also isn't some great leap above him. Sorry if it frustrates you that someone doesn't say Dak is top 5. It is what it is. It's a pattern against any good team. It's a fact at this point.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well ask yourself this. What did we do with Romo? Then you have your answer. This team has shown you what they do for 28 years. Is it gonna take you another 28 to get it?
Thank you. People thinking Jerry Jones' thought process about the position will suddenly change after multiple decades want what they want. They are automatically disregarding what Jones wants and what he has practically always has done.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Thank you. People thinking Jerry Jones' thought process about the position will suddenly change after multiple decades want what they want. They are automatically disregarding what Jones wants and what he has practically always has done.
Exactly. And I can’t do that. He’s 80 years old. He’s shown us for nearly 30 years now. We can’t ignore it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Actually he made some big throws at the end of that game to get a game winning field goal to get to the championship game. Somethign Dak has never done in a playoff game. So, if that's a dumb argument I guess so. Like I said I'm not saying he's better then Dak. It's a team game. But, Dak also isn't some great leap above him. Sorry if it frustrates you that someone doesn't say Dak is top 5. It is what it is. It's a pattern against any good team. It's a fact at this point.
Nope. They were beating Baltimore 28-6 entering the 4th quarter. You are literally making things up.

Zero credibility, zero attachment to reality.