What's Stopping Dak's Agent From Getting Him The Same Type Of Deal Again?

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Wow, you are in the Dak zone for sure for sure!
FYI all his guaranteed monies have been paid so he gets Squat as a post June 1st cut while we save 34 million in cap dollars and get to spread the cap hit of 59 million over 2 years.
Now concerning him signing a top 5 deal to another team..............only in LA LA LAND will that become a reality.
I would imagine all the guaranteed money has already been paid. I have no idea if he’s owed any monies per his contract between now and June 1, either do you. My point is he is very much in control of his situation with the Cowboys right now. When a player is fine playing under his existing contract the owner has no leverage. Jerry will be the moving party for change for the continued rights to Prescott and he’ll have to pay for what he wants from Dak. None of the four highest paid QBs in the NFL has ever won a Super Bowl. I think the four combined have two Super Bowl losses. The Cowboys’ recent loss to the Packers is not going to adversely affect Dak’s value. And, frankly, no one likes Dak Prescott more than Jerry Jones. He’s going to get a lucrative contract.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
What is stupid is your obsession with Dak . Go join his FanBoi club . Dak has tied the worst Post Season record ever . Yeah, lets pay this Turd 60$ Million a year . Smart right ?!!
I'm not obsessed with him lol. Have you read this board? It's all you chuds ever talk about.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I wouldn’t give Tannheilo a big contract either. Are you on board with Dak getting a mega contract?
Yes they should have done it already.

It doesn't matter if you give Tannehill a big contract or not. He is terrible.

"But you use the cap savings to sign XYZ." There is nobody you sign with that cap savings that clears the difference between the two.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Yes they should have done it already.

It doesn't matter if you give Tannehill a big contract or not. He is terrible.

"But you use the cap savings to sign XYZ." There is nobody you sign with that cap savings that clears the difference between the two.
It's one thing to defend Dak, a whole other to say you'd give him a mega contract. And say what you want Tannehill has beaten New England and Baltimore in the playoffs. He's also made it an AFC Championship game. I'm not saying he's better than Dak, but they are both mid range QB's. It's nit picking either direction to say which is better. Dak is 12-18 QB and so is Tannhill.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's one thing to defend Dak, a whole other to say you'd give him a mega contract. And say what you want Tannehill has beaten New England and Baltimore in the playoffs. He's also made it an AFC Championship game. I'm not saying he's better than Dak, but they are both mid range QB's. It's nit picking either direction to say which is better. Dak is 12-18 QB and so is Tannhill.
Ryan Tannehill is 36 years old and hasn't won a playoff game since 2020. In his 2 career playoff wins, he has thrown a total of 29 passes!

My God what are we doing here?

Creeper

Reaction score
Gird your loins because Dak is going to get at least $60 million per. Look for 5 years, $300 million.

Proof

Reaction score
Lol. It's funny for people to say he's better than Baker, when he's not even that. Let's ask all the Dad fans. Would you be against drafting a QB high and having a true QB competition between Dak, Lance and the new guy? Are you worried he might get replaced? Or do you just blindly want to give him the biggest QB contract ever?
he's empirically and unquestionably better than Baker.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Ryan Tannehill is 36 years old and hasn't won a playoff game since 2020. In his 2 career playoff wins, he has thrown a total of 29 passes!

My God what are we doing here?
Ahhh. His wins don't count because they are better then Dak's. Got it.

HMJYay

Reaction score
he's empirically and unquestionably better than Baker.
All things equal on a team, I disagree. He's not more talented and just don't see it. Just my opinion. With that said I also wouldn't pay Baker 55 million a year.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Dak would probably improve some other teams but Dallas is longing for a Super Bowl and not just to make it to the playoffs and be happy with any result.
That’s nuts, he wouldn’t improve any other teams. He relays on short fields, points from defense, turnovers, and a world of talent to beat bad teams.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
He's also not better then Baker anyway, regardless of money., Lol
I never saw dak in cfp or winning a Herman or state championship. The guy your comparing him to did have ceedee or Amari he had a one legged beat up obj and Landry with his non production. He never had the line Dak has went through or iv that open it up and let him do his thing. He won games with a rams team that even Stafford struggled with, he had no cup or nacua, the o line was decimated. The panthers no one can win with. Give Baker Daks supporting cast in their prime and I’ll guarantee we have atleast made it to nfc championship if no Super Bowl. Those are undeniable fact bc his track record is just that much better than Daks going into the nfl.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Listen, I am a Dak supporter but it's time the Cowboys give him a deal loaded with playoff incentives.

It protects the team and forces Dak to bet on himself.

It needs to be done. Things cannot go on like this.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
That would be now.

Pay him the stupid money this year and get it over with because it's just going to get more stupid 4 or 5 years from now.

If we have to lose players because of it then so be it. Lesson learned.
#facts

The problem with continuing to kick the can down the road is, eventually you always run out of road.

And the longer you wait the costlier it gets when the reckoning comes

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield was paid 4 mil this season.
Impossible

I've been told --repeatedly-- on this forum that you can't get playoff caliber QBs for less than "market value" (whatever the hell that is)

I've been told we have "no choice " but to pay Dak $60 million a year because it's guaranteed to get significantly worse if we don't

Yet every remaining QB other than mahomes or allen makes way less than Dak does now (pre extension). I'm so confused..... :muttley: