What's stopping us from the Super Bowl?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What’s stopping us? Seriously? We just out coached an 8-7 team, we destroyed the Rams. Garrett just took McVay to school and people are still complaining. Super Bowls don’t come cheap, what more do you want?
The obvious problem is that the team has not consistently played this well over the season, so as things sit today we can't say the Rams game was anything more than an anomaly. If we look this good the next 2 weeks it will be a little easier to believe, although it will be against no better than mid to low level opponents.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Let’s just enjoy this win tonight. Our boys played pretty freaking well. If we win next week, we can talk about our “Super Bowl odds”.

realistic we need to win next 3 games to start talking about Superbowl ods.

Egirls - WIN
DeadSkins - WIN
PlayoffGame 1 - WIN

then we can talk superbowl

IF we loose any of these especially the 1st or last game you have no chance. and need to stop talking about Superbowl and start talking about who's going to fix this mess.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Ourselves is the key answer.
I think not being able to stick with an identity on defense.

And offensively not being able to adjust to the flow of the game like we did yesterday.

nobody

Reaction score
hopefully we find out.

In the unlikely event we even make the SB, I'm gonna be happy.. Winning it? PARTY TIME :) I think I'd need a good recipe for some homemade BBQ sauce for the crow.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
In the unlikely event we even make the SB, I'm gonna be happy.. Winning it? PARTY TIME :) I think I'd need a good recipe for some homemade BBQ sauce for the crow.
I’ve been searching for a good BBQ sauce recipe for years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy here-below as eventually Zeke will be stopped and he will not be able to carry our lopsided offense to victory no matter how our defense holds!

400.jpeg

aria

Reaction score
The obvious problem is that the team has not consistently played this well over the season, so as things sit today we can't say the Rams game was anything more than an anomaly. If we look this good the next 2 weeks it will be a little easier to believe, although it will be against no better than mid to low level opponents.
We’ll destroy the Eagles and Skins and I think we would beat the Hawks in the playoffs but he buck would most likely stop there.

EJK24

Reaction score
We’ll destroy the Eagles and Skins and I think we would beat the Hawks in the playoffs but he buck would most likely stop there.

I hope your right that we beat up on skins and eagles but I dont know about beating the Hawks. I would love to beat any team in the playoffs but not sure I feel as confident in beating the Hawks.

Anything can happen between now and then obviously, for me, I wanna see them come out next week and play as hard as they did this week. I dont expect blow out victories but would love to see this defense tackle well and this offense keep running the ball.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What’s stopping us? Seriously? We just out coached an 8-7 team, we destroyed the Rams. Garrett just took McVay to school and people are still complaining. Super Bowls don’t come cheap, what more do you want?
If I had to pick one thing that would derail the season, I would say Dak's finger

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I thought Garrett did nothing, because Jerry was the coach .

Well which is it ?

Is Garrett accountable or not ?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
realistic we need to win next 3 games to start talking about Superbowl ods.

Egirls - WIN
DeadSkins - WIN
PlayoffGame 1 - WIN

then we can talk superbowl

IF we loose any of these especially the 1st or last game you have no chance. and need to stop talking about Superbowl and start talking about who's going to fix this mess.

lets be real...our defense is jacked.

We aren't going anywhere.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Is that the only game you've watched this year?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

I don't want anything to do with the Hawks. I think last year they really screwed up not moving Wilson around more and he's playing even better this year. They seem to win some greasy games. I am not asking for the 49ers but with their recent defensive issues I think we could keep up with them.

As far as why we fall short....we get out game planned in games we need or in the playoffs. Like the Rams running on us last year. The Bears 2 weeks ago did one thing....moved their QB around. Coaches have found issues. It's the NFL and one week doesn't just translate into the next.