WR 3 Kristian Fulton CB 4
DT 3 Javon Kinlaw DT 3
Javon Kinlaw DT 3
Xavier McKinney S 3
Cesar Ruiz OL 2
Trevon Diggs CB 2
Grant Delpit S 2
3 WRs with one vote each

For the most part, the mock drafters have abandoned the idea of a safety in the first round for the Cowboys and are now heavily invested in corners and defensive ends, with CB C.J. Henderson and DE K’Lavon Chaisson emerging as the favorites.

50 mock drafts and guess who are the two guys most likely for us to pick?

Who is the draft expert? Not you.

Lolol you get so giddy and you have no clue what you are even saying hahah..you are taking 2 defensive players that I would both take over the WR who is always available in those mock drafts..so what are you saying? A bunch of nothing lolol..

Hey do you want chase young??? Yeah so do I...guess what, fool. He won't be there

Flamma

Reaction score
they paid amari 100 million dollars lol. You are reaching

Cherry picking. They had no choice. They did nothing after 2016. They went dumpster diving after 2017. They had to get a WR so they did. That's a no brainer. But they seem content.

Proof

Reaction score
True, but the deal is really just a two year deal. 17m the first year and 22m the 2nd year. If they cut ties with him after two years there is only a dead cap hit for 6m. That is a pretty good deal with low guaranteed money considering. What it does, is all allow them the possibility that if they draft a guy like Ruggs, that they can move on from Cooper early in his contract.

Yeah I like the structure, I’m just arguing against the notion they are neglecting wr. They just locked up a stud, and have an emerging stud. It’s hardly comparable to 2018.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lolol you get so giddy and you have no clue what you are even saying hahah..you are taking 2 defensive players that I would both take over the WR who is always available in those mock drafts..so what are you saying? A bunch of nothing lolol..

Hey do you want chase young??? Yeah so do I...guess what, fool. He won't be there

No, actually you said that Henderson and Chaisson would be gone, along with Kinlaw. Yet here are 26 of 50 of the latest mock drafts saying they will be there and be the pick.

Which basically closes the book on your thoughts that you are some kind of self proclaimed draft expert. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah I like the structure, I’m just arguing against the notion they are neglecting wr. They just locked up a stud, and have an emerging stud. It’s hardly comparable to 2018.

:thumbup:

Proof

Reaction score
Cherry picking. They had no choice. They did nothing after 2016. They went dumpster diving after 2017. They had to get a WR so they did. That's a no brainer. But they seem content.

thets not cherry picking, it’s the present reality. They let Cobb walk for a real they’d have been dumb to match or exceed, and retained Amari at a huge cost. And they still have Gallup I’m the fold and we have no clue what they’ll do in this deep draft. I see zero evidence of anything comparable to past mistakes

JBS

Reaction score
No, actually you said that Henderson and Chaisson would be gone, along with Kinlaw. Yet here are 26 of 50 of the latest mock drafts saying they will be there and be the pick.

Which basically closes the book on your thoughts that you are some kind of self proclaimed draft expert. LOL

Hahahah self proclaimed draft expert lolol..what a clown you are..

I do think both henderson and Chaisson will be gone..never have I suggested they will absolutely be gone

JBS

Reaction score

Hey man, why don't you give the whole nfl a tutorial on why devin Smith is the next big thing man..you are the real self proclaimed genius..nobody else in the entire planet can see his talents other than you..please show us

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hey man, why don't you give the whole nfl a tutorial on why devin Smith is the next big thing man..you are the real self proclaimed genius..nobody else in the entire planet can see his talents other than you..please show us

I see we are changing the subject? I wonder why. LOL

I don't have to give a tutorial because I never said he was the next big thing. Smith is a long shot, but I am rooting for him.

But here is an article that came out one day after my post on Smith. LOL

What was that you were saying about nobody can see his talent? DOH!!!

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...yes-who-could-impact-the-cowboys-2020-offense

And as far as talent you can reference my thread on Smith and look at his highlight tape.

JBS

Reaction score

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Blogging the boys lololol..you fit right in

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.………….what was that you were saying about Smith and no one on the planet?:muttley:

Now it’s easy to say that Smith’s early-season production was just because Dallas was playing very bad teams, but there is still something to be said for the skillset he brings to the table. The 51-yard touchdown pass showed Smith’s ability to beat teams deep. That’s something every team could use in their offense.

Kellen Moore will likely have more flexibility in what he can do on offense this year with Jason Garrett out the door, and he may have a special role in place for Smith. Someone who can run the way he does and take the top off a defense always will be given a shot to show what he can do.

In his second year in Dallas, Smith has a chance to play a bigger role in the offense. He is more physically gifted than any of the receivers on the roster below him, it’s just a question of whether or not he can put it all together. If he can, Smith could play a decent size role in the Cowboys’ offense in 2020.

RandyOh

Reaction score
What dominant front line ? The one without a RDE reinstated yet ? I really don't think Poe Mccoy and Smith address our line, one or two injuries and who are you starting ? How good will those CB's look while they are taking some plays off? Our offense is stacked adding a WR that will gain 400 yards and 5 TDs won't guarantee a deep playoff run, a solid defense will. Cowboys should go heavy on defense in this draft and spend more to aquire more depth.
Glad to see we have the same train of though on our D line. No matter who we throw in the backfield at corner, with our current d line our coverage is toast. So if we are unable to get Brown, Kinlaw, or Chaisson but Lamb or Jeudy are on the board then give me the wideout. Why? because both are elite and can help keep our defense off the field as much as possible. I understand you want defense defense defense but don't get caught up in trying to use the draft as an extension of free agency. Take the elite talent. That even goes for one of the big 4 offensive tackles in this years draft. One falls to us then draft him and stick him at guard if no good trade offers come in.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I really don't think the cowboys should even consider drafting a WR , even if the best one is available. Cowboys should draft the best CB available, its a gamble regardless of who you pick at CB, their success depends on many factors (work ethic, commitment, etc etc). Keeping in mind we have two free agent CB's next year who could break out this season and command a huge contract like Byron no pick Jones.
That's exactly how you build a crappy roster. Always take the best PLAYER available regardless of "POSITION". Taco < Watt burned us and cost us big time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You could make a case for any of the three but I’m most intrigued by Ruggs for *this team*. His 4.27 speed in the slot would be a NIGHTMARE for defenses. It changes the entire way teams have to gameplan for you. No way a defensive coordinator feels good about stacking the box to stop Zeke when Ruggs is on the field. It’s almost mandatory that a safety would have to sit over the top on his routes, and that frees up either Cooper or Gallup on the outside against man coverage. And if teams sellout to stop the pass, Zeke & the o-line will dominate games. #TeamBurgers
That's exactly the expected value of Ruggs,, that's why its hard to pass that up, but I think the top 16 would be pretty stupid to let him get past that point.
Ruggs has that talent to really be a WR1 fairly quickly.

Kwyn

Reaction score
That's exactly how you build a crappy roster. Always take the best PLAYER available regardless of "POSITION". Taco < Watt burned us and cost us big time.
Watt and Taco were both edge rushers. Cowboys just picked the wrong one.

Using the “Best Player Available” strategy, here is how draftnetwork.com data for straight player rankings and team needs would play out “irl”
  1. Bengals - Need QB - Pick Young - Edge
  2. Commanders - Need Edge - Pick Okudah - CB
  3. Lions - Need CB - Pick Simmons - LB
  4. Giants - Need OT - Pick Burrow - QB
  5. Dolphins - Need QB - Pick Wills - OT
  6. Chargers - Need QB - Pick Tua - QB
  7. Panthers - Need IDL - Pick Wirds - OT
  8. Cardinals - Need OT - Pick Kinlaw - DT
  9. Jaguars - Need IDL - Pick Jeudy - WR
  10. Browns - Need OT - Pick Brown - IDL
  11. Jets - Need OT - Pick Thomas - OT
  12. Raiders - Need WR - Pick Lamb - WR
  13. 49’ers - Need CB - Pick Becton - OT
  14. Buccaneers - Need OT - Pick Ruggs - WR
  15. Broncos - Need WR - Pick - Chaisson - Edge
  16. Falcons - Need CB - Pick Queen - LB
  17. Cowboys - Need CB - Pick Henderson - CB
Only the Chargers, Jets and ... Cowboys... get what they need. And lookie there. It’s a CB
So, I gues I’m ok with BPA if this is how it works because we are only one of three teams in the top 17 that actually get what we need!

Kwyn

Reaction score
Not that easy. Only cb that's worth taking is Henderson. If he's gone. You can't go cb
see my post above on what happens if you take “BPA” no matter what