What's the Best WR option in RD 1?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
interesting because Devin Smith coming out of college seems just like ruggs and many are claiming Smith isn’t a slot guy.

personally I don’t buy the slot specialty comments. If a guy can play, he can play anywhere.
Good chance if we draft WR and they play immediately, you will probably see Cooper in the slot most of the time anyways

DFWJC

Reaction score
If somebody falls, who do you guys think would be a total steal at WR in RD 1?

Jeudy, Rugs??
If this was poll and "No WR in 1st Round" was a choice, that would be mine
:D

Such a deep group. Grab one later

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never once did I say I was taking Ruggs over all of those guys. Just bc I'm open to taking a WR, doesn't mean I'm closed to taking other positions

Are you capable of saying yes or no?

are you taking ruggs over kinlaw or chaisson?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If this was poll and "No WR in 1st Round" was a choice, that would be mine
:D

Such a deep group. Grab one later
I think the position will dry up quicker then people realize. I think you will see a big run on day 2, and the talent will start to dry up on early on day 3. Its a big money position, tiered just behind DE. Teams are gonna start snatching up the talent fast

JBS

Reaction score
Are you capable of saying yes or no?

are you taking ruggs over kinlaw or chaisson?

Never once did I say I was taking Ruggs over all of those guys, means NO. I am NOT taking Ruggs over all of those guys.

That's the difference between you and I. I understand what I'm doing. I have a draft board together. I have placed a specific value on each player and I have them ranked accordingly on where I would take them...I don't live in some la la land, where D. Smith can play significant snaps on my football team

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never once did I say I was taking Ruggs over all of those guys, means NO. I am NOT taking Ruggs over all of those guys.

That's the difference between you and I. I understand what I'm doing. I have a draft board together. I have placed a specific value on each player and I have them ranked accordingly on where I would take them...I don't live in some la la land, where D. Smith can play significant snaps on my football team

Oh wow!!!! You made your own board? Lol

maybe the cowboys would hire you!

so you would also take kinlaw, chaisson, Henderson over ruggs.

and guess what? I didn’t need to make my own draft board to figure that out. Lol

JBS

Reaction score
Oh wow!!!! You made your own board? Lol

maybe the cowboys would hire you!

so you would also take kinlaw, chaisson, Henderson over ruggs.

and guess what? I didn’t need to make my own draft board to figure that out. Lol

That's incorrect..but you can keep trying

You probably need to read a football 101 book before we start talking about roster building

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stop sleeping on Henderson! He's the answer
I like him a little later in the first. He just doesnt seem like a mid first caliber CB to me. However I don't my valuation him is lower than most

Kwyn

Reaction score
What dominant front line ? The one without a RDE reinstated yet ? I really don't think Poe Mccoy and Smith address our line, one or two injuries and who are you starting ? How good will those CB's look while they are taking some plays off? Our offense is stacked adding a WR that will gain 400 yards and 5 TDs won't guarantee a deep playoff run, a solid defense will. Cowboys should go heavy on defense in this draft and spend more to aquire more depth.
He might be assuming if we got Chaisson it would make the DBs look better

JBS

Reaction score
He’s allergic to tackling.

that’s the current spin on it anyway

He's definitely not a good tackler. But he has elite traits for coverage skills

JBS

Reaction score
Personally I would tier Kinlaw and Chaisson just behind Lamb and just ahead of Ruggs. And all well ahead of Henderson

Where are you going if

Kinlaw
Chaisson
3 WRs are all off the board?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Where are you going if

Kinlaw
Chaisson
3 WRs are all off the board?
Baun, I believe he is worthy of a mid first. If not, try trade down. If I have no trade down opportunities, then I would take Henderson. But thats me personally. I take money value of the positions into account. CB got bounced from Money 5 by DT (specifically pass rushing DT's). If I have to reach for a player in the first that plays the 6th most valueable position on the field, then the other options have been exhausted.

JBS

Reaction score
Baun, I believe he is worthy of a mid first. If not, try trade down. If I have no trade down opportunities, then I would take Henderson. But thats me personally. I take money value of the positions into account. CB got bounced from Money 5 by DT (specifically pass rushing DT's). If I have to reach for a player in the first that plays the 6th most valueable position on the field, then the other options have been exhausted.

I have no qualms with your thought process..I agree w just about everything that you mentioned. I only disagree w your take on henderson as a player

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have no qualms with your thought process..I agree w just about everything that you mentioned. I only disagree w your take on henderson as a player
I admit Im lower on him than most. I think he could more of a Dre Kirkpatrick/ Kareen Jackson career trajectory than a Tre White. I could see Henderson having a rough year or two. He seems to by on athleticism some. Thats going to be harder for him to do and play at a high level in he pro's