What's the biggest difference between Sean Lee & Luke Kuechly?

yimyammer

Reaction score
Tackles are not an official NFL statistic and cannot be compared for players on different teams because of differences in the ways that tackles are recorded.

Anyhow, just looking at Lee's numbers (not compared with Kuechly), Lee has averaged more than 10 tackles per game since his second season. Remember, as a rookie, he had just 45 tackles as a backup. Since then -- 486 tackles in 46 games (10.6 tackles per game).

AdamJT13, the EF Hutton of the Cowboyszone

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Lee is my favorite player and my avatar but Kuechly is better. He had another Pick 6 today and was all over the field.

coult44

Reaction score
Kuechly is faster and probably stronger but really none of that has anything to do with who the better player is. Sean makes up for it with his instincts and quickness, overall awareness. He would have had a better year in Carolinas defense.

Y'all crack me up. If our team was as good as all the players we have that are better than everyone else's players, we'd be dang good!!!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Lee 6
Lee is my favorite player and my avatar but Kuechly is better. He had another Pick 6 today and was all over the field.
Lee has played in 60 games Keuchly in 61 and they have basically identical stats. Keucley more tackle Lee for Ints.

RW31

Reaction score
Y'all crack me up. If our team was as good as all the players we have that are better than everyone else's players, we'd be dang good!!!
Um maybe this is breaking news to you but Dez and Romo were actually injured.

T-RO

Reaction score
Biggest single difference?
Steroids.

Check out KD's neck. Guys don't get that way w/out some synthetic help.

The gap between some of the pics of him a few years ago and those take more recently are pretty big. That whole team makes me suspicious. Something is in the water at their facility.

Last edited:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Similar. I think Lee was actually better in pass coverage. Pretty sure he led LB's in INTs over a few years while playing half the games others did.

Bowman was an incredible athlete, and when they were prepping for the draft youd see Lee beat him in tire flipping drills when Bowman was sucking air and Sean was barely out of breath. Lee is a monster. It's a shame his body hadn't held up.

I disagree. Luke covers 20 yards down the field. But it may be our scheme. But I don't think Sean is fast and athletic enough to cover a receiver 20 yards down the field.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think Sean Lee with the right complement of characters could be one of the best players in the league. Really think he carried a poor defense this year.

DTown214

Reaction score
Putting durability and the talent around them aside... the biggest difference has to be consistency. Obviously I watch way more Cowboys than Panthers games but it seems like Kuechly never has an off game. Occasionally Lee will have a game where you forget he's even there. But when they're both at their best I'd say they're neck-and-neck for the best player at their position.