What's the difference Arizona 9-2 & Cowboys 8-3 record?

lwehlers

Reaction score
defense is the difference to me. they have the personal that can stop or slow down any team. if there offense was better then I would put them down as superbowl contenders. now I see them getting beat in the playoffs.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Arizona has to finish strong, let's see who does. We have to play Philly twice, I know that. If we don't find a solution for our slow start on offense and our putrid defense, we'll have bigger problems than Zona.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Arizona has a really tough schedule to finish the year. I don't see them ending with the number one seed.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well we gave away the game to the Skins....we had no business losing that game. BTW, I would much rather have Colt McCoy than Brandon Weeden as my backup QB.....he may not have Weeden's arm, but he has a better pocket presence, is more mobile and elusive within the pocket, more accurate, and is a better field general. I feel Washington would be in a much better position to win games with McCoy as opposed to RG3. RG3 has become David Carr, he is completely shell shocked right now.

now as for Arizona, we lost that game fair and square. Forget the injuries, we had healthy weapons. IMO, our biggest issue is the lack of play action passing. I cannot recall us using it even once during the game. The Cards loaded the box and dares Weeden to beat them.......a great opportunity for play action and then throw it deep to Dez and TWill. We failed to do so.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
A rematch won't bode well for them in the playoffs. They've lost Carson Palmer for the year, and we have Tony Romo back... We're a better team than they are.

The only teams that worry me in the NFC going forward are the Eagles and the Packers. The Eagles weren't on that list until I saw that our corners couldn't do anything in the Giants game.

Dion2288

Reaction score
Arizona has a really tough schedule to finish the year. I don't see them ending with the number one seed.

A rematch won't bode well for them in the playoffs. They've lost Carson Palmer for the year, and we have Tony Romo back... We're a better team than they are.

The only teams that worry me in the NFC going forward are the Eagles and the Packers. The Eagles weren't on that list until I saw that our corners couldn't do anything in the Giants game.

I'm also worried about the Packers. QB play is critical. Rodgers is the only QB I fear in the NFC right now. That said...

... Stanton has limitations. I believe AZ will have a hard time making the playoffs.

@ Falcons
Chiefs
@ St Louis
Seattle
@ SF

They're looking at 3 losses, at least. The difference is they're in trouble, we're not.

Last edited:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I'm also worried about the Packers. QB play is critical. Rodgers is the only QB I fear in the NFC right now. That said...

... Stanton has limitations. I believe AZ will have a hard time making the playoffs.

@ Falcons
Chiefs
@ St Louis
Seattle
@ SF

They're looking at 3 losses, at least. The difference is they're in trouble, we're not.

Rodgers is the only QB you fear? Did you not see Eli light us up yesterday? I'd be worried about stopping the Eagles passing game on Thursday.

I do agree that Arizona will have a tough time making it into the playoffs, but it would actually be better for us if they did.

I was hoping Green Bay wouldn't make the playoffs, but pulling out that victory against Minnesota basically sealed it for them. They still have some challenges though, so we'll see what kind of team they have going forward. I do think to an extent they've been feasting on a poor NFC North.

Dion2288

Reaction score
Rodgers is the only QB you fear? Did you not see Eli light us up yesterday? I'd be worried about stopping the Eagles passing game on Thursday.

I do agree that Arizona will have a tough time making it into the playoffs, but it would actually be better for us if they did.

I was hoping Green Bay wouldn't make the playoffs, but pulling out that victory against Minnesota basically sealed it for them. They still have some challenges though, so we'll see what kind of team they have going forward. I do think to an extent they've been feasting on a poor NFC North.

To this point, this D has given up yards. But, somehow, they haven't given up a ton of points. Sanchez will get his yards. But, he will throw two picks Thursday...I'd put money on that.

We've beat Wilson and Brees, Kaepernick is sporadic, Stafford and Ryan are capable, but Rodgers is the only one I fear right now.

I believe our D can compete against all the others. They just held Eli to 7 points in the 2nd half.

endersdragon

Reaction score

@ Falcons
Chiefs
@ St Louis
Seattle
@ SF

Have you seen the Seahawks schedule? 4 games against divisional opponents (2 on the road against the best 2), and then they have a game on the northeast coast in December against the Eagles (I want the Eagles to lose that game in every way possible, but I just don't see it happening at all). The Cards will win the division, even if it is by default.

Zman5

Reaction score

Have seen the EaGirls play? Believe it or not, their secondary is worse than ours.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Have seen the EaGirls play? Believe it or not, their secondary is worse than ours.

Our corners aren't going up against their corners. It doesn't work like that. They might not have a good secondary, but they still get after the QB, and that is a formula that has had success against us. And if we can't stop the passing game, we're going to be in for a long day.

The Eagles can't potentially put us right back into that old way we used to play filled with mistakes and trying to come back from behind, exposing Romo to pure pass rush.

Gridiron Man

"I AM GRIDIRON MAN"
Reaction score
Is this a trick question? My math was never very good, but I think its one game between the two of them?

Tell me, what do I win Johnny?

Last edited:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
To this point, this D has given up yards. But, somehow, they haven't given up a ton of points. Sanchez will get his yards. But, he will throw two picks Thursday...I'd put money on that.

Happy turkey day mother flower (Sanchez)!!

I believe our D can compete against all the others. They just held Eli to 7 points in the 2nd half.

We should have adjusted sooner to eli - odb. But yes that's true.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO If Romo doesn't get hurt against Washington, then Dallas would have beat the Skins too. That game would have been similar to last night's NYG match-up with Dallas' physical nature wearing them down at the end.

The Skins loss irks me more than the AZ loss.

The odd thing is that the Cowboys really struggled with the blitz in both of those games yet the Jags and Giants didn't try to replicate the blitzing of the Skins and AZ.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
IMO If Romo doesn't get hurt against Washington, then Dallas would have beat the Skins too. That game would have been similar to last night's NYG match-up with Dallas' physical nature wearing them down at the end.

I don't know. It just seem as if the entire team wasn't in sync. The line, uncharacteristically, couldn't handle the blitz. Still, we were in striking distance to pull that game off. I think, personally, the Cowboys gave up on the run too easily. But I agree overall that we could have been 10-1 at this point. Hopefully, the Commander game was the only one where we just weren't on our game. It happens to even the great teams. The Broncos lost to the Rams. :eek:
Which, by the way, which one of the Cowboys a few years ago said, "It's the Rams, dude?"

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They still are 2 games ahead of us, as they hold the tie breaker. But with 5 games left, we can still overtake HFA race.
However by some insane reason we lose Thursday, we should root for Arizona to be beating SF & Seattle for the WC race.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well we gave away the game to the Skins....we had no business losing that game. BTW, I would much rather have Colt McCoy than Brandon Weeden as my backup QB.....he may not have Weeden's arm, but he has a better pocket presence, is more mobile and elusive within the pocket, more accurate, and is a better field general. I feel Washington would be in a much better position to win games with McCoy as opposed to RG3. RG3 has become David Carr, he is completely shell shocked right now.

now as for Arizona, we lost that game fair and square. Forget the injuries, we had healthy weapons. IMO, our biggest issue is the lack of play action passing. I cannot recall us using it even once during the game. The Cards loaded the box and dares Weeden to beat them.......a great opportunity for play action and then throw it deep to Dez and TWill. We failed to do so.

Yes, Colt McCoy >>> Weeden

but, then again,

Pee Wee Herman >>> Weeden