What's the difference Arizona 9-2 & Cowboys 8-3 record?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I don't know. It just seem as if the entire team wasn't in sync. The line, uncharacteristically, couldn't handle the blitz. Still, we were in striking distance to pull that game off. I think, personally, the Cowboys gave up on the run too easily. But I agree overall that we could have been 10-1 at this point. Hopefully, the Commander game was the only one where we just weren't on our game. It happens to even the great teams. The Broncos lost to the Rams. :eek:
Which, by the way, which one of the Cowboys a few years ago said, "It's the Rams, dude?"

Agreed. But this team just has been finding a way at the end of games, and I feel like they would have found a way to pull it out at the end had Romo been right. Heck, they almost did anyway with him barely able to play.

Anyway, you very well could be correct though because the team was having an off day.

The real wildcard is the Arizona game. Had Romo been there for that, who knows how it would have turned out. Even with Weeden doing absolutely nothing, they still kept it close until late in the game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
The Skins loss irks me more than the AZ loss.

The odd thing is that the Cowboys really struggled with the blitz in both of those games yet the Jags and Giants didn't try to replicate the blitzing of the Skins and AZ.

Yeah, I expected more blitzing from them. Of course they are both 43 defenses and Arizona and Washington are 34 teams. Teams playing in odd fronts typically seem to blitz more anyway.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Agreed. But this team just has been finding a way at the end of games, and I feel like they would have found a way to pull it out at the end had Romo been right. Heck, they almost did anyway with him barely able to play.

Anyway, you very well could be correct though because the team was having an off day.

The real wildcard is the Arizona game. Had Romo been there for that, who knows how it would have turned out. Even with Weeden doing absolutely nothing, they still kept it close until late in the game.

They win that game with a healthy Romo. I think they could have won it with Weeden and Murray as the focus. They beat Arizona as well in a close one with Romo. The Arizona offense is not elite in any way, shape or form...especially as more tape gets out on Stanton. Seattle made them look like cellar dwellers.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Romo's back pretty much. Don't think there's any way Arizona would've beaten Dallas if Romo were healthy when the two played.

The same way he was healthy vs Washington? He looked like that was the first time he had seen a blitz. You never know what you will get with Romo week to week.