What's the plan with Mike White?

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Just checking in to see if anybody has figured out the answer to the question...:huh:

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Going to call BS here. I never heard that and heard nothing but the opposite. When Sean Payton left Dallas and became coach of the Saints he tried to trade for Romo before he got Brees. He already knew Romo was special. Another one of the mistakes Bill Parcells made was not playing Romo earlier when he was clearly the better QB.

Not BS.That statement was as truthful as could be for me.

I called the mothership a few years ago and asked how Dustin Vaugahan was looking as far as developing, learning the playbook, and on one-on one drills in practice during the season. Micky told me over the program that he was more consistent than Romo was and that Romo was helter skelter the first two years. He stated that Vaughan further along at the same point in hid career. It was obvious that Micky was not a good judge of talent since Vaughan was released the following training camp and Romo lit the league on fire.

kskboys

Reaction score
Seems odd that some posters have no idea what a raw rook is and what their development consists of.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If 2018's TC is any indication, Mike White has a long way to go before he's ready to assume command in live regular season action. I'm confident the FO is hoping Kitna and staff will find a way to develop him as quickly as possible but it seems to me he may have a couple of years to go before he's ready to take a major leap forward in his progress. I'm anxious to see him play in training camp this year but I won't expect miracles, based on last year's TC.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I am big on developing Quarterbacks, ironically, I don't think most NFL teams are. I think that the team always should have 3 on the roster and 1 on the practice squad. I also think that the team should have a quarterback coach for each QB. The position is too valuable not to invest time in ensuring proper footwork and a quick accurate release.

Mike White should be coming along nicely in his development. I have always heard that the speed of the game is the most difficult aspect of a QB prospering. Young QBs often can't process the information pre-snap and then go through the progressions quick enough to become a starter. Hopefully, Mike White has been working his craft this season and learning.

As good as Romo was reporters always talked how horrific he was during his first two years of practice. But Tony committed himself to winning a starting role.

Mike White will have to be extraordinary to displace Dak. Dak has had a lot of wins his first three seasons. A contract dispute or injury will be the only way that White reaches the field.

My expectations of Mike White is to see a vast improvement during camp and pre-season. I did not see that leap from Rush last season and I hope that one of those guys will show their value. I few years back I wanted Dallas to draft Vaughan. Dallas did not but signed him as a. Undrafted free-agent. He looked good as a rook then looked horrific the next pre-season.

I hope that White develops into a starter or trade-bait. I also think that for a QB to develop that they have to have that desire to excel. Often, QBs are prima donnas that have been catered to and when they enter the pros they are just-a-guy. We will see when camp breaks.
OK

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Players don't grow 2 inches in height after age 23, barring some medical problem. Might be heavier, but that would mean he's trying to bulk up, not something quarterbacks do very often.

Besides, Aikman was 6-4 and 228 and won 3 SBs, White's already plenty big enough...

Glad he's not coming in 6-0/210. Maybe there's hope for me at 54?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If 2018's TC is any indication, Mike White has a long way to go before he's ready to assume command in live regular season action. I'm confident the FO is hoping Kitna and staff will find a way to develop him as quickly as possible but it seems to me he may have a couple of years to go before he's ready to take a major leap forward in his progress. I'm anxious to see him play in training camp this year but I won't expect miracles, based on last year's TC.

I was there. MWhite didn't get a lot of work with the 1s. The kid needs work.

Btw, you can't say Dak looked like a superstar in camp either.