Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Impotent? Really? How old are you?
Maybe, just maybe.... he really did want to use dak word. :p

im·po·tent
(ĭm′pə-tənt)
adj.
1. Lacking physical strength or vigor; weak.
2. Lacking in power, as to act effectively; helpless: "Technology without morality is barbarous; morality without technology is impotent" (Freeman J. Dyson).
3. Incapable of sexual intercourse because of an inability to achieve or sustain an erection.
4. Obsolete Lacking self-restraint.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I see post every day, here and every where else that includes the statement, well ''we'' should do this ''we'' should do this. I mean don't get me wrong I am a fan and claim and proclaim my fandom as much as the next. It's just weird to see people acting like they play or work for a certain team. You are a fan and nothing else and not a tooting thing wrong with that. It's not your money writing the contracts or your hind end on the line for signing said player. Just step away, take a breath and let someone else to ''their job''. So instead of WE, how about, they, the cowboys, the team.

You don't understand the nature of fans.

It's we if "we" win and "they" if they lose.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The way I figure it is this. You swear a lifelong allegiance to a particular team. You spend so much time (including planning your entire schedule around their games), energy, and money on that team. You join in with family, friends, and community cheering on that team. You try to raise your children to be fans of that team. If that team is from your home town, you have a greater sense of city pride. You realize the success of that team also plays a factor in the city's economy, morale, and even the crime rate (as hard as this one is to believe). So, with so much invested, you have every right to say "we"...........

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The way I figure it is this. You swear a lifelong allegiance to a particular team. You spend so much time (including planning your entire schedule around their games), energy, and money on that team. You join in with family, friends, and community cheering on that team. You try to raise your children to be fans of that team. If that team is from your home town, you have a greater sense of city pride. You realize the success of that team also plays a factor in the city's economy, morale, and even the crime rate (as hard as this one is to believe). So, with so much invested, you have every right to say "we"...........
Well said, Biggums!

haleyrules

Reaction score
Nice...well put!!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's the way I feel. Players and coaches come and go. Being a fan is a lifetime commitment. We all are the Dallas Cowboys. We are Cowboy nation.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
That's the way I feel. Players and coaches come and go. Being a fan is a lifetime commitment. We all are the Dallas Cowboys. We are Cowboy nation.
raw

Status
Not open for further replies.