• D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

Robster8989

Reaction score
I went with B

Kneeland was good value based on where projected him. I dont agree with those projects, I though he was more of a round 3 guy. There is some upside as a rusher, but the production isn't there, and he plays better standing up than with his hand in the dirt. If he is developed, he could be DLaws replacement

Beebe was a home run. I had figured he might not make it to our 3rd round pick. There had been some talk of him as a target, with a move to OC in mind. I think thats what they are going to do. I dont think it would be a tough transition for him

Latu Im not very high on. I personally see him as a #4 LB that plays some in sub packages. Good coverage LB, but I dont think thats what we need as an LB so far. He will probably be a useful, but 87 is too high for a usefull player especially with a potential 1000 yard rusher in Lloyd still on the board
Good analysis Darth.
I agree with everything except my grade would be C ish.

Kneeland is a project IMO. Had 4 1/2 sacks against that top level MAC competition (that is Sarcasm).
Looks the part, and could be a long term DLaw replacement but will take time to get there. I'm concerned about our Edge depth with he and Williams. Neither is a proven commodity, and we need to keep our starters fresh. One is older and the other undersized.

I like Beebe. He NFL ready though his ceiling is just average. Not sure he's an upgrade from Biadasz however, maybe an equal (but for a lot less $ so that helps). But he's solid, ready and fills a huge need.

Liafau I feel was a huge reach. Better LBs were there IMO. I wanted Eichhenberg in the 4-5th and would have used that 3rd elsewhere.
I liked Braelon Allen or Mckinley Jackson as I felt those were holes that needed filling, and as I said, I like Eichenberg and would have moved up in the 4th or 5th to get him if he were there. He's just one of those steady tackling machines, reminds me of Sean Lee (tough not as good as Lee). Liafau shows flashes but we need steady and instinctual.

The draft is always exciting.
I think moving down from 24 was the right move in that we had several guys I liked on the board (and there was a high probability one or more would still be there at 29), though I wish Barton had made it to us.
I'm glad Beebe was the pick for losing Barton and not Liafau, I would have been sick if that were the case.
We just seem to throw away a lot of Day 2 picks with reaches, and this year in particular, we need guys who can play now.

The Steelers picked before us, so had more ammo, but damn, I like their draft. Fautanu is the 1st and Frazier in the 2nd.
2 high end, 10 year starters IMO. I like Guyton and Beebe, just not sure they are the same type of high end players.
Seeing Frazier fall to 51, I was hoping we'd move up to grab him, and I think everyone knew if he made it to the Steelers they were grabbing him.

We will hear tons about how smart the Jones are but we will have to see how these players perform.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
B

I like Kneeland. I love Beebe. He brings physicality to the C position we haven’t had since Frederick retired.

I don’t love the LB pick. Not that I don’t like him as a player, but I think there were better prospects on the board when they picked Liuafu.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So this is not true but I’m gonna entertain it….what on earth was said for me to go to the mods on you for?

I also find it funny you’re telling ME what I did…wild lol.
I was clearly pointing out your deficiencies and you got all twisted. You did it. You know it.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I'm going to judge rounds 1-3 based on the draft capital Dallas had available. The trade down was fantastic- a small move down for what looks to be a solid additional player. Dallas invested in the trenches on both sides of the ball, and added a desperately needed LB.

Given what Dallas had to work with, I'm giving them an A--

Wish they had grabbed a RB, but honestly Dallas had more needs than they could possibly fill.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'd give this whole draft a B. The Cowboys are knocking out needs with sensible value selections... nothing sexy, but nothing really stupid either.

Havic

Reaction score
B
I think we reached with that ND LB and would have felt much better getting Lloyd / Wright and going BPA after.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vote or die
VOTE OR DIE! Love it! Such spunk! Pure moxie!

A+ (4.0), A (3.9), A− (3.7), B+ (3.3), B (3.0), B− (2.7), C+ (2.3), C (2.0), C− (1.7), D+ (1.3), D (1.0), D− (0.7), F (0.0)

B- DE Marshawn Kneeland
A- OL Cooper Beebe
C LB Marist Liufau

2.7 + 3.7 + 2.0 = 8.4

8.4 / 3 Day Two picks = 2.8

2.8 = B- (my vote)