Votes: 3 2.2%
  • D-

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

Whyjerry

Reaction score
We have some depth. But these are guys who are simply depth.

There should be no hesitation guys like Waletzko,Tolbert, Williams, Mazi,Golston are ready to step into starting roles.
I usually love your posts but Waletzko is not starting. I root for Mazi but man he looked slow last year. Golston is a JAG at best. Williams??? Tolbert I think will be a big help. He will be good.

starfan1

Reaction score
B- only because I feel like the LB was a reach. I admit I don’t know a lot about the DE but reading comments here he may work out and if Baldy likes him he’s cool

Carson

Reaction score
I usually love your posts but Waletzko is not starting. I root for Mazi but man he looked slow last year. Golston is a JAG at best. Williams??? Tolbert I think will be a big help. He will be good.
I hear you. Just meant more so if we are good at getting depth eventually these guys need to step in

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I went D+. Just not a fan over “Future picks” when you have plug and play starters.

I don’t like Kneeland as your “future DE”

I don’t love trying to force Beebe to play Center.

Dont even get me started on Liafau being horrible. You had Wilson and Gray on the board.

This team continues to reach and make stupid picks on day 2 and this is why we lack any sort of depth. In no world do you pass on Marshawn Lloyd for this

For the most part I agree. Had they been even moderately active in free agency I’d be able to talk up this draft class so far, but reality is Jerry put this team in a position where they needed safe picks that could start day 1. What they’ve done is go the high risk/high reward route.

I don’t hate the first three picks at all, they could all end up quality players, but I’m skeptical these guys move the needle for 2024. I thought they would go more along the lines of what the lions did last year drafting and maybe taking too early guys that were ranked at the top of their position groups but were at more under appreciated positions like rb/lb that could be plug and play starters.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’m going B+. I really like the rebuild of the offensive line. I’m really excited about Beebe. Also Guyton. I feel the edge rusher is good and it meets a need. The Notre Dame LB I think was a reach but I’m not too upset. We need LBers. Overall I’m pretty happy and I didn’t have high expectations going in.

Actually they did what I hoped they would do. Fortify the run attack and run defense. I was scared they would draft players to sell jerseys. So I feel we’re having a good, strong, potatoes and gravy draft as opposed to a sexy finesse attention seeking draft.
In agreement, this roster has massive holes to fill and they got a few that can help, so we don't know the end result yet but at least the philosophy is correct.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
B-.
I know they’re saying it’s a Zimmer pick but not liking that LB. Eric Kendrick’s clone or not.
For a late 3rd, Payton Wilson was worth. Butkus award winner and of course the Steelers get him.
Could have gotten a RB also. Should probably draft 2 this year that compliment 1 another.
CB is also a sneaky need and Tampa is still there with stop gap vets in FA, but you still have to pay those guys.
I like Wilson but the knee injury was a concern.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Solid B. Kneeland and Beebe were excellent picks. They will start, if not this year, then the next. And are the type of players this team needs. Big fan of the Kneeland pick.

Liufau is an interesting player and I'm excited about him.

Missing RB is a big problem for 2024 though.

John813

Reaction score
2nd round: B. Seems to be a future/rotational(hopefully) pick. Good upside. Always a fan of drafting DL, so no real issues.
3rd round #1: B+. Good IOL. If he can transition to center smoothly we got two OL starters this draft
#2: C-. Sorry, I don't see the value at the current round. Especially if they could of dropped back 8 spots and picked up a 4th. Hope he does well, but feels like listening to a coach too much over your board-but that's my guess. And that coach is on a 1 year deal

Went with B-.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Solid B. Kneeland and Beebe were excellent picks. They will start, if not this year, then the next. And are the type of players this team needs. Big fan of the Kneeland pick.

Liufau is an interesting player and I'm excited about him.

Missing RB is a big problem for 2024 though.
More concerned about missing DT than RB.

FoxF

Reaction score
This draft seems to be front loaded and a trade up draft where quality is preferable to quantity. Glad we focused on the oline but other two picks seem like major reaches. C draft at this point, reminds me of last year.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
More concerned about missing DT than RB.
That's an issue too, yeah. We are counting on a guy who looked awful last year and have zero backups.

I think you can fill the roster for DTs in 6 and 7 and UDFA. They might not be good tho.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That's an issue too, yeah. We are counting on a guy who looked awful last year and have zero backups.

I think you can fill the roster for DTs in 6 and 7 and UDFA. They might not be good tho.
We will also sign some FA's after the draft to fill some holes left over.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Not sure. Don’t know much about these guys. Beebe was a guy I looked at previously. I see the limitations and he will need to find a way to overcome them, but if he can he is the type of guy I love on the interior.

I know a lot of people like the second round pick but I am not blow. Away by the highlights and his lack of burst. On the other hand, I liked the ND linebacker highlights. That could be the danger in just looking at highlights but that was my snap judgement.

I don’t mind Dallas not going running back. I was not a huge fan of most of the backs in the draft. I view most as rotation backs. The issue is Dallas could have easily found a short term starter in free agency in the 5-6 million range. At least Dallas didn’t reach for a rb after their inaction in fa. I would have taken Corum though if he made it to our last third round pick. I think he maybe the best back in the draft

Whyjerry

Reaction score
No way. He at least shows upside. Nashon wright was way worse
Given the lack of a 4th rounder and needs at DT and RB it was worse. You see the guys that went after? Jackson, Lloyd, Carter, Wilson. Much better players. That pick was beyond stupid.