When’s it gonna happen?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So someone I do not know on a site that is just opinions thinks I am a troll.....an inconsequential social media term.......so at the end of the day do you really think what you say about people in this group carries any more weight or somehow makes you a relevant individual on here? Perhaps if you used your knowledge and influence to have meaningful discussions instead of always calling people names you would earn some degree of respect as an adult.
Keep posting and you’ll keep proving me right.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
It’s shocking that both sides can’t figure this deal out over 2+ years of negotiating. I would be equally shocked if a long term deal is reached by March 9.

Both sides are entrenched at this point. I don’t see that changing anytime soon

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
It’s shocking that both sides can’t figure this deal out over 2+ years of negotiating. I would be equally shocked if a long term deal is reached by March 9.

Both sides are entrenched at this point. I don’t see that changing anytime soon
What would be the issue(s) both sides are entrenched with?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Brady has NEVER made forty millyun?

Muuv a long.......tater salad.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/mu...atriots-tom-brady-2020-salary-buccaneers/amp/

Why do we say that? Because Brady pocketed more money in his first season with the Buccaneers ($28.3 million) than he did in any of his years with the Patriots. He was initially slated to bank $25 million in salary and roster bonuses, but earned an extra $3.3 million after finishing top five in both passing yards and touchdowns, as well as making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Didn't last year about this time we had news nearly every day about supposed back and forth "negotiations"?

Lately we have not much but conversations on sites like this and discussions on sports shows, but nothing in the way of statements by either Dak or the Cowboys.

To me that means they are deep into contract talks, trying to iron out minor or moderate differences, and a long term deal will be signed. Both sides want to deliver a dramatic announcement so any leaks would diminish that.

But we won't know until it happens..

Seven

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/mu...atriots-tom-brady-2020-salary-buccaneers/amp/

Why do we say that? Because Brady pocketed more money in his first season with the Buccaneers ($28.3 million) than he did in any of his years with the Patriots. He was initially slated to bank $25 million in salary and roster bonuses, but earned an extra $3.3 million after finishing top five in both passing yards and touchdowns, as well as making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl.
Uhhhh.....you never stated it was NOT over a career. Did ya, Kermit.

Thanks.

NeathBlue

Reaction score

Talk of putting back the deadline for tagging if they haven’t got the salary cap sorted today... This could run for a while yet :(

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Uhhhh.....you never stated it was NOT over a career. Did ya, Kermit.

Thanks.

Why would I have to? We are talking how much Dak is worth a year. The original comment you responded to me on I stated that there are only so many guys I’d put in the 40 mil range. Obviously that isn’t combined contract where we would pay him 8 mil over 5 yrs:facepalm:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Talk of putting back the deadline for tagging if they haven’t got the salary cap sorted today... This could run for a while yet :(

Right, but for me it's not a big deal, I'm just going to wait until it happens, not high on my list of things to do - worry/wonder about it...

Seven

Reaction score
Why would I have to? We are talking how much Dak is worth a year. The original comment you responded to me on I stated that there are only so many guys I’d put in the 40 mil range. Obviously that isn’t combined contract where we would pay him 8 mil over 5 yrs:facepalm:
Nope. You posted "Tom Brady has never made 40 million."

Yes. Yes, he has.

You also said Mahommes is the ONLY "guy" you'd give 40 million to. Did you not? Asking for a friend......

Say what you mean and mean what you say.......mmk?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

My guess they would push it back only a few days ..........should have min effect on Dak's nego, especially after 2+ years w/o deal.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
We went through that anticipation the entire offseason last year. I consider that a lesson learned, and I'm not going to sit on the edge of my chair waiting for news. I'll just let it happen - or not - when it happens - or doesn't.

Me too, I do have a life other than being a Cowboys fan, maybe some don't? Which is fine if that's the case, live and let live...

Winonesoon

Reaction score
I'm not sure it will anymore. Dallas obviously doesn't think Dak is worth market or it would have been done by now. Hard to believe verbage is holding it up after 2 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We went through that anticipation the entire offseason last year. I consider that a lesson learned, and I'm not going to sit on the edge of my chair waiting for news. I'll just let it happen - or not - when it happens - or doesn't.
I read something this morning that if the NFL doesn't announce the salary cap by tomorrow, they may have to extend the date to use the franchise tag.