When’s it gonna happen?

John813

Reaction score
I think we'll be seeing some restructures soon regardless if he signs a long term or tag.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Nope. You posted "Tom Brady has never made 40 million."

Yes. Yes, he has.

You also said Mahommes is the ONLY "guy" you'd give 40 million to. Did you not? Asking for a friend......

Say what you mean and mean what you say.......mmk?

This may be one of the dumbest conversations I’ve had on here. You’re being obtuse on purpose. For months..years.. we have talked about how much Dak is worth a year...some recently have said he’s worth 44. I literally talked about this and why you’d tag him. My first post said:

“Guess it depends if on what rumors you believe. If he’s really at 44, which I highly doubt, it’s a tag. I even think 40 is way too steep but could see the FO making a deal on it with some contingencies. I highly doubt Dak caves to be under 40 so really think the tag happens.”

Then I had this exchange with CowboysNation85 which AGAIN is OBVIOUSLY yearly because everyone know it

CowboysNation85
“I think he deserves 40 not anything more not anything less. He deserves to be out Watson AAV.”
TexasFrog
“I think Watson better but not by much. I don’t think anyone deserves 40 except Mahomes. At some point owners will put the breaks on the QB money”

He and I then go back and forth on market value etc for a QB per year. Pages later you play grammar police and say “Hi I’m Tom Brady” My response is:

“Sorry police! Tom Brady has never made 40 mil. That’s the point. Move along.”

To EVERY poster following along we know it’s referencing the 40 mil I mentioned multiple other times in a year. So please move along. You’re being a pest and now trying to drag out an issue you were wrong on. I have 3 kids I have to explain life to. I don’t need a 4th on the board

dckid

Reaction score
Enjoy the Super Bowls to come.
hahaha. Seriously that might be the funniest thing I have heard this year. Congrats. Bravo!!
Super Bowls.

A delusion is something that people believe in despite a total lack of evidence. -Dawkins

The end of an delusion is invariably sadness or tears- unknown

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak will NOT be tagged and is done in Big D.
Long term deal is a fantasy even when he hits the Fa market.
Jamies Winston part Deux....

I get it. You don't like him. I too worry about the implications of a long term deal with him.

But when you compare him to Winston it shows you to be an irrational fool.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He's definitely getting tagged. The question is whether that will lead to an eventual long-term deal or if he plays out the year on the tag.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
when-pigs-fly-vector-id1190107525

Jimbo69

Reaction score
I have posted this twice. Jerry will sign Dak to a 4 year $40m a year deal. There may be a " phantom" 5th year but expect to hear about Daks new wage demands around this time 2024.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm not sure it will anymore. Dallas obviously doesn't think Dak is worth market or it would have been done by now. Hard to believe verbage is holding it up after 2 years.

Its never been about verbiage. It's about Dak wanting long-term money and fewer years and the team offering one or the other. I tend to side with the team here, too. The Cowboys do not want to be the ones to set this precident. Dak is good, but he's not 1b to Mahomes.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's definitely getting tagged. The question is whether that will lead to an eventual long-term deal or if he plays out the year on the tag.

Honestly, I wonder if he has an incentive to get a long term deal other than on his terms if he takes the tag. $37 million guaranteed and he knows he's going to get a big signing bonus next year for sure (assuming he doesn't totally suck).

I really think the Cowboys need to look long and hard at the QB spot beyond this year. There's a better than nothing chance Dak is not the QB in 2022.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its never been about verbiage. It's about Dak wanting long-term money and fewer years and the team offering one or the other. I tend to side with the team here, too. The Cowboys do not want to be the ones to set this precident. Dak is good, but he's not 1b to Mahomes.
Actually the 4 years Dak wants is the market - that was the length of the extension Wilso, Goff and Wentz got. The difference is those teams signed their players before their previous contract ran out, which allowed them more years to spread the cap hit over.

I don't really side with either one, and in fact kind of blame both. There should be some kind of livable compromise.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
If they tag Dak again what does 2022 look like? Are we holding our breath that is gets worked out by July?

Trajan

Reaction score

Tagging and playing Dak for a year seems like the worst possible option, so I do expect Jerry to do so. If we sign Dak to a longer term deal, we can structure the money and get some quality FA. I'm also not sure what another year gets anyone. Is Jerry hoping Dak has a bad season again, and then can offer him a smaller contract ? What if Dak has a good season, then we are now in the even higher $40mil a year realm? Is Jerry not sure what Dak is as a player ? At this point I'm pretty sure we all know what we got.

Jerry just seems to want to kick the can down the road, and hope something better happens next year, but I'm not sure what will have changed that gets a contract done then. If Jerry doesn't like Dak or the contract Dak wants is just too much, then move on, tag and trade or let Dak walk, go find a replacement ASAP. Nope, not Jerry, he will keep this who crap show dragging along for as long as possible, worst option for the team, IMO.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Honestly, I wonder if he has an incentive to get a long term deal other than on his terms if he takes the tag. $37 million guaranteed and he knows he's going to get a big signing bonus next year for sure (assuming he doesn't totally suck).

I really think the Cowboys need to look long and hard at the QB spot beyond this year. There's a better than nothing chance Dak is not the QB in 2022.
We touched on something along these lines yesterday IIRC.

If this deal is to get done, its because Prescott wants to be here and/or wants the headache to end.

He has every bit of leverage and can eventually find his way to the open market if thats what he wants to do.

Either Jerry gives up the entire store, or he plays on two tags and pockets 80 plus million....and hits the market in two years....which is apparently what France is insistent upon.

The team chose to be in this spot. They chose to see a bit more and let time go by....not extend him during his rookie deal.

Can't have it both ways and now they are going to pay big time....if he lets them.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
This may be one of the dumbest conversations I’ve had on here. You’re being obtuse on purpose. For months..years.. we have talked about how much Dak is worth a year...some recently have said he’s worth 44. I literally talked about this and why you’d tag him. My first post said:

“Guess it depends if on what rumors you believe. If he’s really at 44, which I highly doubt, it’s a tag. I even think 40 is way too steep but could see the FO making a deal on it with some contingencies. I highly doubt Dak caves to be under 40 so really think the tag happens.”

Then I had this exchange with CowboysNation85 which AGAIN is OBVIOUSLY yearly because everyone know it

CowboysNation85
“I think he deserves 40 not anything more not anything less. He deserves to be out Watson AAV.”
TexasFrog
“I think Watson better but not by much. I don’t think anyone deserves 40 except Mahomes. At some point owners will put the breaks on the QB money”

He and I then go back and forth on market value etc for a QB per year. Pages later you play grammar police and say “Hi I’m Tom Brady” My response is:

“Sorry police! Tom Brady has never made 40 mil. That’s the point. Move along.”

To EVERY poster following along we know it’s referencing the 40 mil I mentioned multiple other times in a year. So please move along. You’re being a pest and now trying to drag out an issue you were wrong on. I have 3 kids I have to explain life to. I don’t need a 4th on the board
Poor kids......don't stand a chance.

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
Even if its a tag that doesn't really settle it. A long term deal still could happen.
Yes but if they’re going to tag him and let him play this season and then if they’re stupid enough to let him walk they should do the non-exclusive and get pics for him if they don’t think he is the guy or they don’t wanna pay them that money it is stupid for them to tag him no long-term deal let him play in 21 and let him walk.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Poor kids......don't stand a chance.

Luckily I don’t have to spell it out for them like I just had to for an adult.. it’s easy. Enjoy your RIF class today. You can keep replying if embarrassment is your game. Are you going to go to every thread about Dak today and wonder why people are discussing 40?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/th...owboys/dak-prescott-red-flag-ankle-injury/amp

Starting to see story circulating about Dak possibly not being 100% at start of season.
and that is his agent putting out these words to whoever will listen or write about it...I didn't even read the article and never trust when somebody they expect him to be 100%. He is not 100% until he takes a hit at the ankles and gets up from it, okay.