When’s it gonna happen?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If dak gets tag, he will signed the tag then rehab his ankle for whole 2021 season, he will not play a down then be ready for 2022 signing a long term contract with another team.
So you are saying he will sign the tag, and then refuse to play? Can he even contractually do this? I'd have to think he has to actually play to get paid? LOL

kskboys

Reaction score
So you are saying he will sign the tag, and then refuse to play? Can he even contractually do this? I'd have to think he has to actually play to get paid? LOL
Yeah, that would definitely be investigated.

Plus, if he were dumb enough to do that, his value would plummet in the NFL.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If he finally gets signed, what will we have to write posts about?

Plenty of whining if Dak goes on PUP. And we all know the ‘church of Dak’ worshippers will be blaming the lost season on Jerry.

Plenty of whining by the ‘church of Dak’ worshippers crying that Jerry has no money left for FAs.

Plent if ‘if Dak only had a defense.’ And then ‘if Dak only had an offensive line.’

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Just like the ones Dak had the last 5 season. You and Jerry deserve each other and the next 4 or so wasted seasons.

That dude is on drugs! lmao. And he comes out and says multiple SB's. The Dak cannot even get to the title game and he thinks The Dak will win lots, and lots, and lots, and mo, mo, mo, and mo Superbowls!

blueblood70

Reaction score
tic tock they be on the clock......tic tic tic tic

which side will be satisfied..lol

Reactions: CWR

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Can’t rescind the tag once Dak signs. If he says his ankle isn’t healed and he can’t play, Cowboys are screwed and $37M flushed down the toilet.

Now, why would another team even offer a contract when he can’t pass a physical? They won’t.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
hahaha. Seriously that might be the funniest thing I have heard this year. Congrats. Bravo!!
Super Bowls.

A delusion is something that people believe in despite a total lack of evidence. -Dawkins

The end of an delusion is invariably sadness or tears- unknown

The fool actually believes that! Tons of Superbowls! lmao

CWR

Reaction score
If dak gets tag, he will signed the tag then rehab his ankle for whole 2021 season, he will not play a down then be ready for 2022 signing a long term contract with another team.

No he won't. If he signs he will play, build up his value further and get his long term contract next season, most likely with another team.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never seen ANYONE say that he wants o be paid like Mahomes, some BS.. He wanted to be near. It's OK to shoot for a target in negotiations, but if Jerry is under what Dak's camp will settle for and they won't bargain and Jerrry won't move either, both parties are stubborn. Knowing when to play chicken, one party has to either flinch or it's gonna end bad. Yeah, stubborn. Both sides. I'll say this. Dak and his camp are ffin around with a Billionaire that usually gets his way. So..we'll see how it goes.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/dak...behind-mahomes’-and-pay-him-‘respect’.474057/

mrcowboys40

Reaction score
I am saying if he signed the tag, he can always say he isn't ready to play yet due to trying rehab his ankle

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Actually the 4 years Dak wants is the market - that was the length of the extension Wilso, Goff and Wentz got. The difference is those teams signed their players before their previous contract ran out, which allowed them more years to spread the cap hit over.

I don't really side with either one, and in fact kind of blame both. There should be some kind of livable compromise.

If the recent reports are accurate, the Cowboys have been trying to extend for two years prior to this offseason.

I agree with your second statement though. There should be a way they can compromise.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Honestly, I wonder if he has an incentive to get a long term deal other than on his terms if he takes the tag. $37 million guaranteed and he knows he's going to get a big signing bonus next year for sure (assuming he doesn't totally suck).

I really think the Cowboys need to look long and hard at the QB spot beyond this year. There's a better than nothing chance Dak is not the QB in 2022.

That's why I've said all along the Cowboys have no leverage. They're either going to give him what he wants this year, or he'll get it somewhere else next year. While I don't like it as a fan, I totally get what Prescott is doing for himself. He's positioned himself perfectly. He's going to get what he wants from someone and if not the Cowboys then they risk losing him for nothing.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
All 32 teams must be below the cap number at the start of the new league year. This year, that is in effect March 17 at 4pm. (unless they extend it since the cap isn't officially set)

So, there's another date to shoot for.

Restructures and cuts to make room under the cap need to take place before that date if I'm not wrong.