When Did You Realize Drew Was Done???

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Beast is bored and was curious as to when others on here started to realize Drew was done.

For Beast, it was the Philly game. The Jax game I wrote off as being openning day jitters, but after watching the Philly game, I knew we were going nowhere with Drew. TO was open twice for walk-in TDs and Drew just could not or would not get the ball to him.

Does Beast think we are going to win the SB with Romo this year.....NO.

Reality is that Romo is going to struggle, but considering Drew was near the bottom in just about every statistical QB category, Romo cannot be any worse. If he sucks, it is a push.......Drew sucked also. If he shows any signs at all, it is a positive for us.

Our main problem is trying to fix the O-line and the D....the G-men were taunting us every play the other night and our D just laid down like a $2 hooker:laugh2:

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Aikbach;1121038 said:
Go away, talk trash next week...then lose.

Sorry you and the Super Duper Drew Crew didnt see it before and some others had a lot of faith in this guy. But after watching him fail on a regular basis while living in Boston and watching him in Buffalo (had Henry on my Fantasy team), Drew had lost it. Brady stole his heart.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1121026 said:
When Did You Realize Drew Was Done?

He's not done. He can still be a very good QB in the NFL, if he were to get VERY GOOD protection.

Too bad there's only 1 or 2 QBs in the NFL that get that kind of protection.

1 being Peyton Manning and the other being whoever we happen to be playing that week.

parchy

Reaction score
Rack;1121058 said:
1 being Peyton Manning and the other being whoever we happen to be playing that week.

Sssssnap.

I hope Zimmer didn't read that. He'd be crying himself to sleep tonight.

sk0aL

Reaction score
I think the stirrings occurred after Bledsoe threw the game away against Philly with the chance to send the game into OT. In all actuality we saw this type of performance from Drew last year. He was inable to perform against an inept Oakland team and when he blew the game in Seattle we all should've realized what kind of QB he was. He's good enough to lead you to a 9-7 record, maybe 10-6 if the cards fall in your favor, but realistically he's good enough to beat up on the bad teams of the NFL and choke against the contenders which will leave you with a mediocre season and a team that will fall just short of the playoffs.

His performance in Jacksonville in week 1 showed just what type of QB he is, but everyone attributed this to opening day jitters and possible back problems, but here through week 7 we all know what he is and where he will lead us - an 8-8/9-7 season, and it's just not acceptable. Parcells finally realized what he had in Bledsoe, and that is a QB that will possibly sneak you into the playoffs is everything falls in your favor, but will most likely lead you to a .500 season falling just short of the playoffs and picking from the middle of the pack come draft day.

It's better we shove mediocrity aside and find out what our future is in Romo.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Last year actually.....it does not look to me he has lost any mobility from last years game tapes to last week

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Bledsoe played pretty well the first part of last season - so that he me doubting my original doubts.

By the end of last season, I my opinion was set that he wasn't the right guy for this team (in part due to the OL).

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Jacksonvile without a doubt. The whole time I was thinking, "This guy has no clue what to do anymore when the pressure is on"

Bledsoe no longer has the ability to beat the blitz and therfore game planning for him is extremely easy. He was the achilles heal of the team not strength.

The saddest part about all of this is he still has an askew view of his abilities and does not realize that he flat out cannot play at this level any further.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
most won't believe this anyways but in 2001 after Tom took over

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1121026 said:
Beast is bored and was curious as to when others on here started to realize Drew was done.

For Beast, it was the Philly game. The Jax game I wrote off as being openning day jitters, but after watching the Philly game, I knew we were going nowhere with Drew. TO was open twice for walk-in TDs and Drew just could not or would not get the ball to him.

Does Beast think we are going to win the SB with Romo this year.....NO.

Reality is that Romo is going to struggle, but considering Drew was near the bottom in just about every statistical QB category, Romo cannot be any worse. If he sucks, it is a push.......Drew sucked also. If he shows any signs at all, it is a positive for us.

Our main problem is trying to fix the O-line and the D....the G-men were taunting us every play the other night and our D just laid down like a $2 hooker:laugh2:

I was calling for Romo just before the end of the 3rd quarter of the Jags game.

We should have made ths switch then as it was obvious to me that our O-Line was NOT going to be able to give Bledsoe the protection he needed and that he was fearing the passrush even when it wasn't there. He just hasn't looked sharp even when he has had time to throw.

I believe we would be 5-1 right now if we would have made the switch then.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;1121032 said:
His last year in Buffalo.

Me agreeing with a Skins fan, or maybe I should say a fan living in the Northeast. Funny how Cowboys fan like Mike W., Juke and others like me even...Living up here had little to no faith in him.

The things that we are complaining about him now are the same things that many friends of mine....Them being NE and Buffalo fans, had been complaing about for a few years now.

Seriously, ask a Buffalo or NE fan, if you know any. I'll bet you more than 80% will say "I told you so".

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Buffalo fans throwing a party when he left may have been a clue:laugh2: