When Did You Realize Drew Was Done???

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1122596 said:
he played a large part in us beating Carolina and KC late in the season

Exactly, Bledsoe was excellent when our line gave him a shot. First five games his QB rating was over 100 and he was the reason we were winning. After Flozel went down it got tough and you saw how difficult it could be with his immobile play. He still had alot of good moments.
It was not a mistake to bring him here for 2005!

Kilyin

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1122596 said:
he played a large part in us beating Carolina and KC late in the season

Carolina, that was all about Julius Jones and Billy Cundiff's missed field goal that resulted in a roughing the kicker penalty. Ironically, if Cundiff makes that kick, we probably lose.

KC, that was the only game I can remember Scott Fujita having an impact, when he sacked Trent Green and forced the fumble. If not for that, we probably lose.

I'm not saying Bledsoe never had a decent game, but he did play poorly in the last half of the season, there's really no denying that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Kilyin;1122643 said:
I'm not saying Bledsoe never had a decent game, but he did play poorly in the last half of the season, there's really no denying that.

there isn't, but our team was pretty poor throughout, personally, the 2nd-half collapse thing is a myth, but JMO

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Right around this play.

235-58-72247334.jpg

Mash

Reaction score
But wait....

I thought Drew "unprotectable" Bledsoe was hurt........isnt that the reason he stunk so bad :rolleyes:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
1995ish.

Just kidding, it was when the Bills got rid of him

I was willing to give him a clean slate, but that turned out.

GlitzCowboy

Reaction score
I realized he was done the second he brought his A-game to a preseason game. He was obviously not proving it in practice to his teamates and coaches so he decided he'd throw the fans into this mix. And for all intents and purposes, it was enough for us for a few weeks....but unfortunately we didn't matter. I think Parcells mind was already made up in the preseason but he was just worried about what it could mean for the entire season, so I think he kinda let Drew fall on his own face. Bill is just too non-chalant about this whole qb change. This was a done deal LONG before he ever announced it to the world in our 6th game.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1121026 said:
Beast is bored and was curious as to when others on here started to realize Drew was done.

For Beast, it was the Philly game. The Jax game I wrote off as being openning day jitters, but after watching the Philly game, I knew we were going nowhere with Drew. TO was open twice for walk-in TDs and Drew just could not or would not get the ball to him.

Does Beast think we are going to win the SB with Romo this year.....NO.

Reality is that Romo is going to struggle, but considering Drew was near the bottom in just about every statistical QB category, Romo cannot be any worse. If he sucks, it is a push.......Drew sucked also. If he shows any signs at all, it is a positive for us.

Our main problem is trying to fix the O-line and the D....the G-men were taunting us every play the other night and our D just laid down like a $2 hooker:laugh2:

against Seattle last year

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra;1122522 said:
We're not anything like 'definitive Tuna experts', but we've just watched himmore closely over the years than a lot of fans.
sorry to lump you in with Juke, but i was just making a point. i find your posts have merit on the subject FWIW, as i'm sure most do.

OTOH we have someone comparing an aging COACH to a PRIZE FIGHTER. ROTFLMAO.

I think anyone who has read the NYT article Tuna's preparedness is not lacking. Coaching is often a young mans game as when you age you focus on other priorities (family, grandkids, aging, health). Tuna has little to no purpose in life other than coach... and he finally knows it. His brother having passed no doubt cemented that in his mind.

Give the "he's done" argument a rest for a while. Bring it out in Dec if we finish 5-11.