When do we take our shot?

dwreck27

Reaction score
Serious question when do we try and load up with some vets and take a big time run at the Super Bowl??

I feel like we've been Cap cautious for over a decade while other teams make it work...

Your opinion.. would you be in favor of loading up for a 2/3 year shot at it?

Or "building" for something later on with a 30 mil dollar Dak?

GenoT

Reaction score
Serious question when do we try and load up with some vets and take a big time run at the Super Bowl??

I feel like we've been Cap cautious for over a decade while other teams make it work...

Our opinions notwithstanding, Jerry & Co just promoted a 29yo first-year-coaching-at-any-level QB coach (Kellen Moore) to OC.

Does that sound like a “win now” plan...or a “build for the future” plan?

JonesBoys

Reaction score

They have been building for years. They need to go after for a couple of years. They kept flapping their gums about taking advantage of Dak’s rookie deal, Zeke’s ect.. and did absolutely nothing. Typical snake oil salesman Jerry. Now the excuse is they have to pay their own players and who knows how serious they are about that since they are low balling Lawrence. The only player they want to pay is Dak and they want to overpay for him. I really don’t know what this front office wants to do expect make money and call it a day.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Our opinions notwithstanding, Jerry & Co just promoted a 29yo first-year-coaching-at-any-level QB coach (Kellen Moore) to OC.

Does that sound like a “win now” plan...or a “build for the future” plan?
Im sure some smart guy will say how did that whole Sean McVay situation turn out??

Im not worried about Moore right now maybe he is an offensive whiz...

Us neglecting acquiring talent to add to a team that faired decently against a team that ended up in the Super bowl is silly

Sydla

Reaction score
I wonder if the reason they schedule a vacation for the start of free agency is just to get out of Dallas knowing the heat they will take for essentially skipping free agency.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It appears the Cowboys objective is to present a consistent product over time and hopefully amass enough talent to break thru at some point.

It doesn’t look like it’s an all or nothing proposition as much as some fans would prefer.

Instead they appear intent being a steady contender.

visionary

Reaction score

We signed Olawale

That's our shot

GenoT

Reaction score
Im sure some smart guy will say how did that whole Sean McVay situation turn out??

Us neglecting acquiring talent to add to a team that faired decently against a team that ended up in the Super bowl is silly

Pretty much agree in principle, but gambling that Moore will immediately right the offensive ship (improved O-schemes, game-planning, play-calling, etc) is a more-than-somewhat-risky roll of the dice.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
It appears the Cowboys objective is to present a consistent product over time and hopefully amass enough talent to break thru at some point.

It doesn’t look like it’s an all or nothing proposition as much as some fans would prefer.

Instead they appear intent being a steady contender.

So just enough to be relevant but not good enough to make it to the big game. Sounds right in line of what the Jones’ have been selling to us for years.

visionary

Reaction score

That "smart guy" would be pretty stupid

Just compare the coaching resume of McVay and Moore