When do we take our shot?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m confused? Dak is who he is? If he’s not the guy we should be getting someone better...

If we feel he does enough to win a super bowl you should surround him with as much talent as you can since you have him in the cheapest winningest contract for a QB we pay him like a million dollars

But we're running out of Dak's cheap contracts and have to decide whether to pay him like he can throw the ball.

I'm for running QBs while they're cheap and churning them when they get expensive unless they prove to be great passers, at which point you sign them. But Dak hasn't proven that, and we have two stiffs behind Dak.

I don't sign Dak long term until he proves his accuracy. And I don't sell out for this season in the meantime. We had a shot at a window this year but flubbed it by wasting seasons on Linehan.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree... but after awhile fans (consumers) will start to get tired of a stale product and failure to make meaningful playoff runs or at least make the super bowl

You can’t keep taxing fans forever if he doesn’t win another one soon
Sure he can. He has been for a couple decades now with just enough to string fans along.

If Cowboy fans are frustrated they certainly have a funny way of showing it with continued record revenue.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen is not in a win now mode. He is happy to be good enough to compete for a playoff spot.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is our shot.

Jerry is still giddy over Dak and Zeke as they are driving revenue and the team’s success.

It’s more than he could have dreamed after losing Romo who was his bread winner previously. I expect Jerry to run with duo for years selling hope to the fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stephen is not in a win now mode. He is happy to be good enough to compete for a playoff spot.
Win now mode... lol

We haven’t been in that mode since 1989. Maybe 1995.

Jerry had pressure to win initially losing a million a month and he had pressure to win another one with Jimmys team after he left. And needed more than 5-11 to get stadium built. That’s it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Anytime so unhappy with the team and owners feel free to go root for another team. Delete your account abs we won’t miss you.

Of course stay and do nothing but gripe and complain about the team yiu don’t own don’t run have zero knowledge of how to run a pro sports teN and have no money to ever even make an attempt at it. Sure go ahead be miserable.

Bye

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anytime so unhappy with the team and owners feel free to go root for another team. Delete your account abs we won’t miss you.

Of course stay and do nothing but gripe and complain about the team yiu don’t own don’t run have zero knowledge of how to run a pro sports teN and have no money to ever even make an attempt at it. Sure go ahead be miserable.

Bye

Who made you the official fan police?

Maybe if you dont like the conversation in the threads, dont read them..............we will not miss you, I promise;)

dallasdave

Reaction score
Our opinions notwithstanding, Jerry & Co just promoted a 29yo first-year-coaching-at-any-level QB coach (Kellen Moore) to OC.

Does that sound like a “win now” plan...or a “build for the future” plan?
Or sit on the middle of the fence ????

Fire407

Reaction score
Isn’t working for who? You, the fans?

Not another Super Bowl or Bust fan?
It's a far cry from "A Super Bowl or Bust" when you haven't sniffed a Super Bowl for over 20 years. The point is that the slow build is no guarantee of ever winning a championship. A "Win Now" mentality would certainly be welcomed by the fans.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Never.

That’s become more and more obvious with each passing off season.
You aren't part of "we". Remember, you are a Pats fan so stop with the pretending to be one of us Cowboys fans.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Pretty much agree in principle, but gambling that Moore will immediately right the offensive ship (improved O-schemes, game-planning, play-calling, etc) is a more-than-somewhat-risky roll of the dice.
Not when you are not so removed from reality. I believe the FO know what they are doing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's a far cry from "A Super Bowl or Bust" when you haven't sniffed a Super Bowl for over 20 years. The point is that the slow build is no guarantee of ever winning a championship. A "Win Now" mentality would certainly be welcomed by the fans.
Problem with a “ win now” or go for broke mentality is it threatens the future or beyond the immediate rewards. And there’s no pressure on this front office to win now.

Ultimately there’s no guarantee in either approach. We’ve seen this dysfunctional organization take the “win now” approach earlier this era and fail miserably. The slower process has produced a much sounder and consistent product contending.

If we had a front office and coaching staff with a better history of results I might be more apt to go for broke or win now . But we struggle with evaluating our own talent much less anyone else’s.

Last edited:

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Never. Jerry has found utopia. He can keep the payroll low citing responsible spending and cap implications in order to maximize his profits. And a certain segment of the fanbase rejoices that we are not in cap hell, as if that means a damn thing. And all that cap space keeps Dallas in the conversation for big name FAs each year, even though they sign only spare parts from the clearance bin.

Yachts are much more enjoyable than Super Bowls.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
When was the last time a team loses up with vets and made a Super Bowl run? More often loading up on vets leads to demolishing your cap. Just ask the Commanders.