When does Garrett have to be accountable?

Dodger12

Reaction score
Garrett's in way over his head and while I think it's tough to win without your starting franchise QB, this season tosses out the argument of some BS rebuilding project that's been going on for 5 years now. This team has been exposed for what it is. A sub .500 team that relies on Romo to make it competitive.

Staubacher

Reaction score
The really odd thing is that Week 16 2013 Washington game where Tony with the broken back won it at the end saved Garrett's job. They would have been eliminated that day and Jerrah at that time was unsure about keeping Garrett. But with Tony out for the final week Garrett got a pass for losing the game and not making the playoffs.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
The really odd thing is that Week 16 2013 Washington game where Tony with the broken back won it at the end saved Garrett's job. They would have been eliminated that day and Jerrah at that time was unsure about keeping Garrett. But with Tony out for the final week Garrett got a pass for losing the game and not making the playoffs.

how i remember that 4th down play.

dupree89

Reaction score
unfortunately, he has a built in excuse this year. I will say this: I was anti Garrett and then it turned for me with how I saw him lead the team through the Josh Brent/ Jerry Brown tragedy. I have been in favor of him since then. But I am very disappointed in how little creativity he has added to the offense to offset these injuries. That and the fact that he hasn't shown that he can get more out of players when the stars go down with injuries. More and more it seems to me like he can do next to nothing without Romo. When is the last time he clearly out coached someone?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's accountable all the time. There's also context that's important, and the fact that the season is only about a third of the way through is relevant, as well. I don't think there's anybody outside of our angry fan base who thinks the issues in Dallas are with the HC right now.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
He's accountable all the time. There's also context that's important, and the fact that the season is only about a third of the way through is relevant, as well. I don't think there's anybody outside of our angry fan base who thinks the issues in Dallas are with the HC right now.

Ive thought the issue was with the HC since day 1 he was hired.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
4 straight losses and counting.

When does he get fired? Its just a shame that Romo didnt get hurt last year instead to seal his fate. Unfortunately, our fluke season happened the one year Garrett was upping for a new agreement. At least if this had happened last year we would be rid of him by now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Management and the media love his little speeches and his Princeton persona.

LOL.......looks that ground zero speech really hit home to the team. And especially the special teams unit. LOL

And no doubt had we pulled this game out, the Garrett lovers would be telling us the ground zero speech was epic.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Garrett's in way over his head and while I think it's tough to win without your starting franchise QB, this season tosses out the argument of some BS rebuilding project that's been going on for 5 years now. This team has been exposed for what it is. A sub .500 team that relies on Romo to make it competitive.

No way man...............LOL Its Garrett finally seeing the process through. LOL

Garrett is a hall of fame coach in waiting we just havent seen it yet. :lmao::laugh::lmao2: