When does Garrett have to be accountable?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
unfortunately, he has a built in excuse this year. I will say this: I was anti Garrett and then it turned for me with how I saw him lead the team through the Josh Brent/ Jerry Brown tragedy. I have been in favor of him since then. But I am very disappointed in how little creativity he has added to the offense to offset these injuries. That and the fact that he hasn't shown that he can get more out of players when the stars go down with injuries. More and more it seems to me like he can do next to nothing without Romo. When is the last time he clearly out coached someone?

Josh Brent tragedy? What are you talking about?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's accountable all the time. There's also context that's important, and the fact that the season is only about a third of the way through is relevant, as well. I don't think there's anybody outside of our angry fan base who thinks the issues in Dallas are with the HC right now.

Give me a break. Garrett has been getting hammered for years for his horrid coaching and game day management. While Garrett lovers like you blindly sat by and pretended like he was just making mistakes like all coaches do.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ive thought the issue was with the HC since day 1 he was hired.

Jason Garrett was a terrible QB, a terrible hire, a terrible OC, and now he is an absolutely horrid head coach. Those are the fact of his career in football and none can be denied by anyone but a blind Garrett lover.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Jason Garrett was a terrible QB, a terrible hire, a terrible OC, and now he is an absolutely horrid head coach. Those are the fact of his career in football and none can be denied by anyone but a blind Garrett lover.

63e5b840-a28b-11e3-83ac-dbd001b9a9c0_Oscars-20-Feet-4.gif

CowboyChris

Reaction score
He is accountable because Cassell threw three INTs? :facepalm:

so whats the excuse for the 3 prior games before Cassell? Oh and while you are at... 3 of our 4 losses we were ahead in these games. and one more thing, did you read the question to the thread?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
so whats the excuse for the 3 prior games before Cassell? Oh and while you are at... 3 of our 4 losses we were ahead in these games. and one more thing, did you read the question to the thread?

Injuries maybe? What's you're excuse for being a Chicken Little?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is accountable because Cassell threw three INTs? :facepalm:

He is accountable because we are 2-4, lost 4 games in a row and have lost every way possible. Not to mention we should have even lost the fist game against the giants had it now been for complete blown call by Eli. This team should be 1-5.

But hey, the head coach is doing a stellar job right? 3 picks,special teams gaffs, players fighting on the sidelines, ect...ect...

Nah, Garrett is doing a wonderful job. :lmao2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
He is accountable because we are 2-4, lost 4 games in a row and have lost every way possible. Not to mention we should have even lost the fist game against the giants had it now been for complete blown call by Eli. This team should be 1-5.

But hey, the head coach is doing a stellar job right? 3 picks,special teams gaffs, players fighting on the sidelines, ect...ect...

Nah, Garrett is doing a wonderful job. :lmao2:

Then lets replace him with.....Steve Mariucci. I mean, great coaches are a dime a dozen right? Anyone is better than Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then lets replace him with.....Steve Mariucci. I mean, great coaches are a dime a dozen right? Anyone is better than Garrett.

No, actually, I would go out and get a great head coach. After all, this is the Dallas Cowboys is it not?

But you are correct in that anyone would be better than the hapless Jason Garrett.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If Jones wants coach in training, at least get one with head coaching experience. A REAL coach with skins on the wall from the college ranks.

Dodger12

Reaction score
4 straight losses and counting.

We drafted Craig Morton #5 overall when we still had Meridith. We drafted Roger when we still had Morton (albeit he had his military obligation). We traded a 5th for Clint Longley when we had Roger. We then drafted Danny White two years later in the 3rd round when we had Roger. We had Kosar, Beuerlein and Garrett backing up Troy and they all won big games when called upon. I mean, even Randal Cunningham won a game backing up Troy after he got hurt. We had Tony Romo come in and win games as a back-up when Bledsoe was benched and then we had Kitna come in and go 5 and 3 when Romo goes down with what folks here claim was a lesser team that needed to be gutted of all the bad contracts, culture and attitude.

This idea that Garrett gets a pass after years of ineptitude is just football ignorant. His backups failed him two years in a row in a win and you're in scenario and now they've failed him again this year. This is on the heals of Brad Johnson and I'm starting to wonder what the hell this guy has been building here for 5 years? Our ST are atrocious, we lack depth at WR, we lack depth and skill at RB, our safeties still can't cover and tackle, we can't get a darn turnover when most of our D is back healthy and our QB situation is a farce. Have I missed anything? For someone who supposedly rebuilt the roster, we're having issues in all 3 phases, stacking one improbable loss after another. That's about the only thing Garrett has been consistent with.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
No, actually, I would go out and get a great head coach. After all, this is the Dallas Cowboys is it not?

But you are correct in that anyone would be better than the hapless Jason Garrett.

You enjoy roller-coasters? You're definitely on an emotional one right now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You enjoy roller-coasters? You're definitely on an emotional one right now.

If you aren't feeling the pain buddy, you're just not that big of a fan. And if your standards allow you to settle for a pathetic head coach like Garrett, thats up to you.

But those of us that Love the Cowboys dont settle.

Pride, remember? Do you have any?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
If you aren't feeling the pain buddy, you're just not that big of a fan. And if your standards allow you to settle for a pathetic head coach like Garrett, thats up to you.

But those of us that Love the Cowboys dont settle.

Pride, remember? Do you have any?

I take pride in insulting Chicken Littles. :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We drafted Craig Morton #5 overall when we still had Meridith. We drafted Roger when we still had Morton (albeit he had his military obligation). We traded a 5th for Clint Longley when we had Roger. We then drafted Danny White two years later in the 3rd round when we had Roger. We had Kosar, Beuerlein and Garrett backing up Troy and they all won big games when called upon. I mean, even Randal Cunningham won a game backing up Troy after he got hurt. We had Tony Romo come in and win games as a back-up when Bledsoe was benched and then we had Kitna come in and go 5 and 3 when Romo goes down with what folks here claim was a lesser team that needed to be gutted of all the bad contracts, culture and attitude.

This idea that Garrett gets a pass after years of ineptitude is just football ignorant. His backups failed him two years in a row in a win and you're in scenario and now they've failed him again this year. This is on the heals of Brad Johnson and I'm starting to wonder what the hell this guy has been building here for 5 years? Our ST are atrocious, we lack depth at WR, we lack depth and skill at RB, our safeties still can't cover and tackle, we can't get a darn turnover when most of our D is back healthy and our QB situation is a farce. Have I missed anything? For someone who supposedly rebuilt the roster, we're having issues in all 3 phases, stacking one improbable loss after another. That's about the only thing Garrett has been consistent with.

This franchise is heading into another long tailspin. Maybe if we get lucky with health Romo can help keep us in the running for a few years. Once he is gone, and Witten this team will be toast again. And devoid of leadership. Then it will just be Garrett and Jones. God help us then. Im wondering how long it will take for Jones to fire Howdy Doody.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I take pride in insulting Chicken Littles. :)

What does it feel like to watch your hero Jason Garrett get exposed week after week? All your love and affection for him sorely misplaced? LOL

Poor wittle Garrett lover is upset. :lmao2::lmao:

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
How can a guy who only claps his hands(like I've been told) be held accountable, he does nothing right?