When MM get Fired, which type of HC do you want? OC/DC or retread?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The money is invested on the offensive side of the ball— so the next HC has to get the highest possible return on that investment.

Ben Johnson would be fine. Or another young OC that has a proven track record.

Creativity, innovation, toughness, balance, discipline all need to improve.

The defense? Yeesh. Bug work in progress. I would honestly trade Parsons for max draft capital and build from the trenches out. There needs to be an influx of young talent on that side of the ball to balance out the cap cost on offense.

Young, hungry, fast, tough, disciplined, balanced, and cheap would work great. Signing Micah to a max contract really inhibits the growth of this team long term. Send him to an AFC team and thank him for his service and hit on the 2-3 draft picks that you get to replace hin
I would be calling Detriot today and ask for the house and they maybe willing to meet our price.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Saban was a complete bust as a HC before, but I think he could attract a strong staff.

I know Bellicheck would fix this defense in a hurry, but I am worried who he may hire as the OC, don't want Josh McDaniels running the offense.

This leaves me to one of those modern OC's and hope they can attract a quality DC.
Saban wasn't that bad as the Dolphin HC. He made one colossal mistake ( his words ), choosing Cupper over Drew Brees. He didn't trust Brees shoulder after surgery. But what I like about Saban is you are getting a guy who's going to set standards similar to Jimmy and Parcell. A guy who will no problem putting together a strong coaching staff and will be a gold mine in the draft room, especially with late-round picks and free agents. That's exactly what we need with a soft rebuild in order. Something else about him.......with a strong staff, there's a good chance you will have his replacement in-house ( he's 72 BTW ).

We have a 2-4 year window with these new contracts. We need a guy who can hit the ground running. Ironically his mentor and very close friend is Bill Belichick.

My next choice is Belichick for the reasons you mentioned. The good thing about him is he doesn't have to have a lot on the defensive to make salad.......his scheme/system is just that good.

Just me, but Arron Glenn is the only young guy I would consider........Ben Johnson is too raw/inexperience.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
It will be Mike Zimmer. It does not matter who coaches. Jerry kills the culture. Maybe another "love child" lawsuit can come up and he is forced to resign/sell

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I would be calling Detriot today and ask for the house and they maybe willing to meet our price.
It is not a bad idea. I would wait and see what kind of shape he is in after the bye week.

The issue with trading with Detroit is two fold:

1. You don’t want him in the NFC where he can compete directly against you on a regular basis

2. Detroit is likely picking late in the draft, so the quality of those picks diminishes.

I would see what an AFC team might be willing to give up for him.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not want a retread. We need someone with new ideas, fresh look at the game, someone who is hungry to win,. and probably most important is someone who has authority - control of the team, a leader.
Now that being said, we will never get anyone with those traits as long as Jerry controls this team, period. No way he lets anyone command that much authority without egos clashing so it will be someone like the McCarthys and Garretts of the NFL world.
It is sickening how we go through the same crap every go round: poor coaching, lack of any real coordination to make this a superbowl team, and use a lot of excuse making as well as straight out lies as to the level of talent this team has by means of the head coach as well as owner/gm.

The culture of this team is real bad. if Jerry admits he made a mistake buying the team, then please do us and the team the biggest favor you can and sell the team!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Saban wasn't that bad as the Dolphin HC. He made one colossal mistake ( his words ), choosing Cupper over Drew Brees. He didn't trust Brees shoulder after surgery. But what I like about Saban is you are getting a guy who's going to set standards similar to Jimmy and Parcell. A guy who will no problem putting together a strong coaching staff and will be a gold mine in the draft room, especially with late-round picks and free agents. That's exactly what we need with a soft rebuild in order. Something else about him.......with a strong staff, there's a good chance you will have his replacement in-house ( he's 72 BTW ).

We have a 2-4 year window with these new contracts. We need a guy who can hit the ground running. Ironically his mentor and very close friend is Bill Belichick.

My next choice is Belichick for the reasons you mentioned. The good thing about him is he doesn't have to have a lot on the defensive to make salad.......his scheme/system is just that good.

Just me, but Arron Glenn is the only young guy I would consider........Ben Johnson is too raw/inexperience.
What scares the death out of me is that Saban is close to Garrett, Garrett actually was on his staff in Miami.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
It is not a bad idea. I would wait and see what kind of shape he is in after the bye week.

The issue with trading with Detroit is two fold:

1. You don’t want him in the NFC where he can compete directly against you on a regular basis

2. Detroit is likely picking late in the draft, so the quality of those picks diminishes.

I would see what an AFC team might be willing to give up for him.
He wouldn't be in the division, but I get it. You never know what picks turn into, an injury to their QB can make that pick fly up the board.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What scares the death out of me is that Saban is close to Garrett, Garrett actually was on his staff in Miami.
Yep........lol
You scared he'd bring Garrett BACK to Dallas as OC and Jerry would have no problem with it?? (LOL)

jgboys1

Reaction score
Doesn't really make a difference. This roster is very far for competing for a championship.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Just a matter of time in which MM gets fired, could be in-season or after the season is completed. What type of Head Coach do you hope the Cowboys hire as MM's replacement?

-Modern OC like Detroit's Ben Johnson, Kubiak from the Vikings, Slowik from the Texans
-Former HC with a DC background: many are from the Bellichek coaching tree, including himself: Bellicheck, Vrabel, Flores, Saban*
-College-Lincoln Riley, D. Sanders, etc.
With the crap at qb i think (and i want) a DC as my HC. OC is wasted. We need a great defense to carry this team.

But with all the money bound into the offense right now i dont see this happening.

Steve007

Reaction score
Just a matter of time in which MM gets fired, could be in-season or after the season is completed. What type of Head Coach do you hope the Cowboys hire as MM's replacement?

-Modern OC like Detroit's Ben Johnson, Kubiak from the Vikings, Slowik from the Texans
-Former HC with a DC background: many are from the Bellichek coaching tree, including himself: Bellicheck, Vrabel, Flores, Saban*
-College-Lincoln Riley, D. Sanders, etc.
It won't matter as long as Jerry is the GM.