When MM get Fired, which type of HC do you want? OC/DC or retread?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I guess retread since that is what we are going to get. This is the Jerry mentality, we are close so a young new coach can't "get us over the hump" it has to be a fossil with yesteryear's game strats.

UncleOscar

Reaction score
Since we're now married to Dak, I'd prefer a run heavy scheme like the 49ers run. It would require some running backs and a big blocking TE. I don't want to put Dak in a heavy passing scheme offense.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I doubt MM gets fired.

But at years end mike will be gone. Not even sure mike would want to come back.

I prefer a defensive HC paired with a modern OC from the Shanahan tree.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Just a matter of time in which MM gets fired, could be in-season or after the season is completed. What type of Head Coach do you hope the Cowboys hire as MM's replacement?

-Modern OC like Detroit's Ben Johnson, Kubiak from the Vikings, Slowik from the Texans
-Former HC with a DC background: many are from the Bellichek coaching tree, including himself: Bellicheck, Vrabel, Flores, Saban*
-College-Lincoln Riley, D. Sanders, etc.
Modern OC. No question, though a successful college coach would be the second choice.

In the history of the NFL who have been the most successful SB winning head coaches? Let's list a few and where they came from.

Landry. Assistant with the Giants. 5 appearances and 2 wins.
Chuck Noll. Assistant with the Chargers and Colts. 4 wins.
Belichick. Assistant with the Giants. 6 wins.
Bill Walsh. Assistant with several teams. 3 wins.
Joe Gibbs. Assistant with several teams. 3 wins.
Jimmy Johnson. National championship college coach. 2 wins.

No NFL head coach has won a SB with 2 different teams. Not one, though several came close.

But Jones hired Chan Gailey, both a successful college coach and former assistant NFL coach, and despite making the playoffs both years at Dallas, he fired him. So Jones' history of coach hirings other than Jimmy hasn't been good.

Got to be the first choice...

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Modern OC. No question, though a successful college coach would be the second choice.

In the history of the NFL who have been the most successful SB winning head coaches? Let's list a few and where they came from.

Landry. Assistant with the Giants. 5 appearances and 2 wins.
Chuck Noll. Assistant with the Chargers and Colts. 4 wins.
Belichick. Assistant with the Giants. 6 wins.
Bill Walsh. Assistant with several teams. 3 wins.
Joe Gibbs. Assistant with several teams. 3 wins.
Jimmy Johnson. National championship college coach. 2 wins.

No NFL head coach has won a SB with 2 different teams. Not one, though several came close.

But Jones hired Chan Gailey, both a successful college coach and former assistant NFL coach, and despite making the playoffs both years at Dallas, he fired him. So Jones' history of coach hirings other than Jimmy hasn't been good.

Got to be the first choice...
That's where I am leaning too as well.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I doubt MM gets fired.

But at years end mike will be gone. Not even sure mike would want to come back.

I prefer a defensive HC paired with a modern OC from the Shanahan tree.
Problem is, if a young OC has a good year, he leaves for a HC job.

links18

Reaction score
One that makes Jerry and Son feel comfortable. I do t want them having to walk around on eggshells, so Dave Campo again?

doomsday808

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who you bring in as the new HC. Jerry and Stephen will still be making the deals and handling the bad contracts. You're setup to fail.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Just a matter of time in which MM gets fired, could be in-season or after the season is completed. What type of Head Coach do you hope the Cowboys hire as MM's replacement?

-Modern OC like Detroit's Ben Johnson, Kubiak from the Vikings, Slowik from the Texans
-Former HC with a DC background: many are from the Bellichek coaching tree, including himself: Bellicheck, Vrabel, Flores, Saban*
The right answer is one Jerry/Stephen wont hire unfortunately.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

Nope the GM shall be fired before MM or atleast simultaneously.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want a hotshot OC like Ben Johnson, but we’re going to get a retread that already flunked out of the league. Just accept it now.

Jerry has said a thousand times he only hires HCs with prior HC experience.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's just weird to refer to a Belichick or even a Vrabel as a "retread" as if they were proven massive failures.

The favorite young guy could easily be the next Arthur Smith or Brandon Staley, you know.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd like a true HC that has three legit coordinators. He needs to manage the game, substitutions and have input on gameplay for all three phases. He needs to take care of the defense when we're on offense and vice versa.

raven55

Reaction score
it won't be any good or new thinking coach just another old retread. because jerry is in full blown al davis mode

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I'm thinking Ben Johnson, Flores, Vrabel, or Aaron Glenn.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Brian Flores, the Cowboys need a hard azz defensive coach. He would toughen the team. Get on Dak and CeeDee.