When was it that you lost faith in Moore as OC?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've felt from the outset of Kellen being our OC that he lacked the experience to find great success. Here's hoping that McCarthy affords him the help he needs to improve upon what success he'll see. Sometimes, it takes more than one to succeed. Good luck with that, fellas -- it's not an easy task! o_O
The proof of belonging may be expected between the two of them. Their job(s) may well hang in the balance! :omg:

Last edited:

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He reminds me of the hot rookie in baseball who comes up from AAA and sets the league on the fire his first time seeing MLB pitchers. Come the second time around pitchers adjust, and a majority of these rookies can't....the really good ones do and thrive, while the other are career AAA players

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore was a breath of fresh air in the beginning. The passing game immediately went to the next level after Garrett left and Moore was able to open things up. In 2020 the Cowboys had a record breaking offense before Dak went down at 32 points per game. Even last year despite the inconsistent 2nd half they had the #1 scoring offense in the NFL at 30 points per game and the #1 passing game in the NFL yardage wise.

But for me personally it was the 2nd half of the season when teams made some adjustments and he failed to adjust himself. Now granted the Oline went in the toilet and Zeke got hurt which killed the run game. But once teams went into the two deep zone Moore went into a shell. He couldnt seem to adjust to that. Things got basic again. And the fact that he had the perfect opportunity to bench Zeke for the more dynamic Pollard and didnt, that was it for me.

Is there any hope that he learns from his inexperience and blossoms going forward or is he done?

In 2021 the Cowboys were the #1 ranked offense in both points scored and yards.

Zeke only had 12 rushing attempts in the playoff game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure it does, it makes plenty of sense. What make no sense is our O-line eroded with a pair of 25 year old players like Lael and CW, they didn't change or get worse, they were just exposed. They were irrelevant the way Dak was getting it out weeks 1-7

Go re-watch the opening game against TB and then watch our games against the DE, LV, KC or the playoff game, watch how much longer Dak is holding the ball.
Something changed. I believe it was a combo of injury and the defenses schemes Dak started to see.

He was uncomfortable and it showed the rest of the year. OC made zero adjustments

Problem for me here is you appear to be blaming Dak when it was little to do with Dak. It was bad blocking, poor running and the change in scheme to a 2 deep zone. In the KC game Cooper and Gallup were out, ect....ect....

I do recall Dak stating that he should have taken what the defense gave him more with the underneath stuff when defenses went into the two deep zone. So in that way, yah, he could have done better.