When was the last time you truly felt like we had a chance to win a Super Bowl

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
2016 but Dak’s inexperience killed us in the first half. He wasn’t ready for the speed of playoff football. That GB defense was atrocious they had Rookie UDFA all over their secondary and we didn’t start attacking that soon enough. The Falcons knew it and put up 50 vs them the following week.

leeblair

Reaction score
There have been plenty of times I thought the Cowboys had the talent to win a Super Bowl in recent years, but never the leadership.
Now they have mortgaged their future on a sub par quarterback, and it looks like they will now be accepting the Super Bowl trophy each July, only to finish the season with excuses.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
There have been plenty of times I thought the Cowboys had the talent to win a Super Bowl in recent years, but never the leadership.
Now they have mortgaged their future on a sub par quarterback, and it looks like they will now be accepting the Super Bowl trophy each July, only to finish the season with excuses.

Love,
Lee Bla.......Awon Wadgurs.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Under a good HC, we add two more rings in 2014 and 2016. We did what we did despite a cheerleading puppet. Imagine what we could have been.

Hadenough

Reaction score
2014 and 2016.

2014 because of that offensive line, Murray breaking the single season Cowboys rushing record, and Romo just seemed to be in a zone that year.

2016 just seemed special. Everything we did was just working. It was like we couldn't do anything wrong. The O-line was still good, Zeke was 2014 Murray all over again but better overall, and Dak wasn't trying to do too much, but when we needed him to make a play he usually did. Everyone knew their roles and played them to perfect.

Aaron Rodgers though.... Ughh… Keep the bad man away, please.
Ive always thought the heart ache that Rodgers has inflicted on us Cowboys fans is to make up for what Dallas did to Favre.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I felt like 2007, 2014 were special years that Dallas could of won a SB. That 2016 season was special but I thought it was more about Zeke than Dak.

Flamma

Reaction score
Ive always thought the heart ache that Rodgers has inflicted on us Cowboys fans is to make up for what Dallas did to Favre.

LOL yeah. Dallas beat them 8 straight times. Even the regular season game the year the Packers won the SB.

pete026

Reaction score
Let me guess.

This is a long-term memory test? Do you get benched if you fall out of a certain range ;).

I will probably fail but based on the wording "a chance", I would have to go with 94 based pretty much off the strength of the roster and its post season experience. I am a pretty conservative Cowboys fan so I prefer to avoid the annual preseason hype.

If it used the word "hope"! That would be easy..... 2020 of course. JJ makes big $$$$$ from the every dedicated Cowboys fan's hopes.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Not for some reason, it was due to a prolific pass rush. Brady was sacked 5 times and hit repeatedly.

Part of that pass rush was a Cowboy Icon who we had in his best years just never put anyone opposite of him that would compliment his talent.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Mine was in 06 because it was the last time we had a HC who could lead a team. That team was no where near perfect but if not for a fluke play we probably get to the SB. Now we have had some good runs since but under Garrett I never felt like he could coach anywhere on par with other coaches and sadly I feel the same way with MM.

2 seconds ago

dckid

Reaction score
Under a good HC, we add two more rings in 2014 and 2016. We did what we did despite a cheerleading puppet. Imagine what we could have been.
No we don’t. 2014 we make the championship game with a good coach and Garrett giving Romo more chances. He really neutered Romo that year.
2016 the team just was not ready. Offense was one dimensional. The defense was good because we owned time if possession. That is the key to good defense… play less game minutes.
2007 was the real year they should have made the Super Bowl.

Big_D

Reaction score
That was a good team that pissed away a good opportunity.

jerry pissed away that opportunity with his ridiculous coaching hires. That team with smart management and coaching could’ve went on a nice run. Instead they fizzled out to garbage in typical Jones fashion. Pretty much every decision the second Parcells left was terrible.