When was the last time Zeke made a defender miss?

uvaballa

Reaction score
Zeke is the most game planned against RB in the league and defenses go all out to stop him.
You really think teams game plan to stop him more than Saquon? Giants basically have no other weapons.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The burst is gone.

He's too caught up with his raging party scene, nose rings, Q-tip hair, and feed-me showboating. His lifestyle is taking a fast toll on his athleticism.

He's still a very good back, but he is WAY behind Saquon, Kamara, and others at this point.

Pollard doesn't have Zeke's battering ram toughness, but he looks twice as fast.
This is why some of us did not want Jerry to pay Zeke top overall pay because he doesn't deserve it, yet we got blasted for having the insight to actually be able to indeed see the forest for the trees.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You really think teams game plan to stop him more than Saquon? Giants basically have no other weapons.
Zeke's facing 8 man boxes 16% his rushing attempts. Gore and Henry are facing 8 man boxes on over 40% of their runs. I'm surprised Zeke scares anyone these days. His big play making ability is seemingly gone. I believe teams game plan more around our offensive line and desire to be a run first team more than they game plan just around Zeke. In 2017, Alfred Morris faced a higher percentage of stacked boxes than Zeke and Morris didn't really play in short yardage that much. Smith would come in for most short yardage plays.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Then why’s he slow?

Probably a couple of reasons, but he's never been a Kamara type of back.

This is from his combine:

WEAKNESSES
Strapped it up with a heavy workload over last two seasons including over 600 touches. Defenders land big shots on him. Appears to be too willing to put himself through the meat grinder rather than avoiding certain collisions. Understanding when to attack and when to elude may take time for him. Can sharpen his pass routes a bit and has room for improvement as a pass blocker. On second level, gets on top of defenders before he has a chance to gather himself into a position to evade a tackle. Questions arose about his maturity after complaining about lack of carries in Michigan State game.

aria

Reaction score
Have you seen Kamara's rings and appearance? Do you know his lifestyle choices? The point is he looks like he could easily be a RAPPER. Whether you like Zeke or not, let's try not to bring appearance and "social" commentary into this? Makes you look silly.
As much as I hate him this is a legitimate point.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with our injury infested O line.

*End of sarcasm.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Didn't undertand play calling last night, no run or pass options for Dak, no guards pulling or deep passes to open the field up. Maybe there saving playing calling for the playoffs in case they match up with the Saints again?
I was thinking the same thing....in case we play them again. But we needed this win with our tough schedule.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I was just told I don’t know what I’m taking about that Zeke looks slower. You can clearly tell he’s not as explosive as he was a few years ago. I remember that 60 yard TD run against Cincy where he just out ran both safeties. No one can he do that now.

Beating angles; that’s a hallmark of difference making speed.

We haven’t seen that (like you described against Cincy) in years.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
As much as I hate him this is a legitimate point.
It's a legitimate point talking strictly about what someone looks like.

That said, the appearance I am concerned with is in regards to Zeke's preparation to be the best football player he can be. A few things of note that concern me dating all the way back to his rookie year:
  • He came into training camp 6 lbs overweight in his rookie year
  • He whined on Twitter about needing to wake up for training camp on the 2nd day. His mother called him out on Twitter for doing so.
  • He was at the weed store prior to his first preseason game in Seattle.
  • In his 2nd year he looked like he gained weight and he looked slower.
  • Spent his suspension in Cabo getting into shape (which people argued he wasn't out of shape to begin with)
  • He had the lack of effort in the Denver game
  • All or Nothing shows him entering the meetings looking like he just came in from partying and needing a nap.
  • He missed this training camp due to the contract holdout this year
I bring that up because it appears to me that Zeke prefers to simply be a game day football player. Like Iverson said "we're talking about practice". I think he has gotten by with natural ability and it's starting to decline. He should be the difference maker on the field that many people claim that he is on social media. He's got this perception of being a dynamic home run hitter, but he hasn't been that player since 2017. Maybe it's his preparation (or lack thereof) that is preventing it to a certain extent?

Last night during the broadcast they showed Alvin and his balancing training to help him become better. I just don't see those types of things from Zeke. I'm not saying he doesn't do them but from what I can see it appears other running backs are putting more work in than he is.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zeke get's the ball with three yards of space between him and the one defender behind the line, he then promptly gets wrapped up by said one defender and continues his 1-2 falling forward yards after contract we've seen ththe last four weeks.

It sure as hell does help my argument.

Wrong, he didn't have much time to react, try again. Of course, you would avoid the tackler because you're special. I saw the same happening to Kamara, when met in the backfield.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Wrong, he didn't have much time to react, try again. Of course, you would avoid the tackler because you're special. I saw the same happening to Kamara, when met in the backfield.
Wrong, he had three yards to react. Maybe I would, Zeke certainly did it.

Just take the L, you asked for a one on one example and I provided you one. That's it.