When were you glad the team didn't get who you wanted to draft?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Close call, but I think Watts back problems give Smith the nod, so far.
Whoa hold on. I love me some Tyron, but JJ Watt has ben DPOY 3 times. He will be looking to add number 4 this year. You can find good or even great LOT's but you can't find someone who could go down in the record books as being one of (if not the) single most disruptive defensive players in the history of the league.

rkell87

Reaction score
Hasn't happened. It goes the other way quite a bit though not as much lately. 2012 the most recent

rkell87

Reaction score
Whoa hold on. I love me some Tyron, but JJ Watt has ben DPOY 3 times. He will be looking to add number 4 this year. You can find good or even great LOT's but you can't find someone who could go down in the record books as being one of (if not the) single most disruptive defensive players in the history of the league.
Line them up across from each other and I'm taking smith.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, so call me a homer.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If we're not taking into account the player not being available when it's our pick, I'd say ...

Ted Ginn Jr., Steve Smith (the former Giants receiver), Rashaun Wood, Marquis Walker, Brady Quinn, Johnny Manziel, James Francis, Reggie Bush.

Brady Quinn was available when Dallas drafted in 2007; however, the Cowboys traded the pick to Cleveland. Dallas didn't want Quinn and knew the Browns did. They traded down.

joseephuss

Reaction score
It's a loaded question, many of these players would perform differently when playing for different teams. You can't evaluate them based on how they play for another team. I think Merriman would have been just as dominant in Dallas as Ware was.

I doubt it. He was on a good team with the Chargers. He is what he is. He burned out quickly in the NFL and probably would have with any team. Heck, he may have done worse with other clubs.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Blair Thomas, ugh thought he'd be great out of Penn St. But settled for Emmitt :)

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
:laugh:I thought Antiono Bryant was the next Michael Irvin... With that said I wanted Melvin Gordon..bad.

Last edited: