When will Heath be replaced?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There is no reason that Heath should have recorded more snaps than practically any defender in the league.

Woods is ready. Get Heath back to where he is not overworked and overexposed.

TheHerd

Reaction score
FYI....

Mo Claiborne and Brandon Carr are playing great in their new places, as is Barry Church.

(And don't get me started on Ron Leary.)

We all sort of knew Mo would be fine, unless he's hurt. Carr is benefiting from that front 7, and I watched him one game and he looked similar to here. They do let him play more aggressively, and that helps him. Church is Church. Limited and fine at what he does. Great guy and a good leader. I blame Marinelli's scheme more than anything for not getting max out of these guys, and I see it already happening to our new crop.

Don't get me started on Leary either. Pissing him off two years ago was the dumbest thing, and no way was he staying, but I wanted him back bad.

mardwin

Reaction score
Ron Marinelli's philosophy let's not play the rooks because they might make a grave mistake, mean while some of the vets are doing exactly that.

At this point the decision of who starts should come down from the head coach and not the coordinators.

Sydla

Reaction score
They won't replace him until it's painfully obvious he's not the starting SS.

mardwin

Reaction score
We all sort of knew Mo would be fine, unless he's hurt. Carr is benefiting from that front 7, and I watched him one game and he looked similar to here. They do let him play more aggressively, and that helps him. Church is Church. Limited and fine at what he does. Great guy and a good leader. I blame Marinelli's scheme more than anything for not getting max out of these guys, and I see it already happening to our new crop.

Don't get me started on Leary either. Pissing him off two years ago was the dumbest thing, and no way was he staying, but I wanted him back bad.

They should have locked up Leary when his contract demands were low, offering him a 5 yr contract between 2-3M he would have taken it. Instead we demoted him for no apparent reason when he was never a risk on the left side, the guy that Collins should have replaced from day-one was Doug Free. Now that Free is gone we have a rookie at RT and a gap in LG.

TheHerd

Reaction score
They should have locked up Leary when his contract demands were low, offering him a 5 yr contract between 2-3M he would have taken it. Instead we demoted him for no apparent reason when he was never a risk on the left side, the guy that Collins should have replaced from day-one was Doug Free. Now that Free is gone we have a rookie at RT and a gap in LG.

Ding ding ding. Send your resume to Jerry and Stephen. Right now we'd have Collins with a full year of experience, Leary at LG, Chaz as the swing tackle. And there were plenty of us clamoring for just this scenario when it happened.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm definitely hoping to see Woods get a starting nod reasonably soon.

Exactly how much longer it will take the staff to act remains to be seen.

I don't believe there's any question but what he's capable of handling it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
These coaches value guys they can "trust" and with whom they are "comfortable". It could be next year before Heath is replaced as a starter.

But shouldnt they evaluate that they cant trust Heath?