When will Jerry get tired of this D not being able to stop the run?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Just wondering if heads are eventually going to roll on this. This D does look good/great at times, but then at times we play the ole' D and can't stop anyone. I'm not sure it can be fixed w/o some personnel changes.
We should fire whoever is responsible for our last 2 DL top draft picks.

Can’t fix the problem when continue to miss on top picks.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Just wondering if heads are eventually going to roll on this. This D does look good/great at times, but then at times we play the ole' D and can't stop anyone. I'm not sure it can be fixed w/o some personnel changes.

who cares what jerry thinks? Him picking the coaches is part of the problem.

kskboys

Reaction score
who cares what jerry thinks? Him picking the coaches is part of the problem.
Not sure what you're trying to say.

I'm not sure I see this working w/ the current D staff. I'm hoping Jerry gets tired of getting gashed and makes a change.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Not sure what you're trying to say.

I'm not sure I see this working w/ the current D staff. I'm hoping Jerry gets tired of getting gashed and makes a change.

Well do you think Jerry Jones helped pick Rob Ryan? Monte Kiffin? Rod Marinelli?

If the answer is yes then you will see my point, if the answer is no then you won't.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well do you think Jerry Jones helped pick Rob Ryan? Monte Kiffin? Rod Marinelli?

If the answer is yes then you will see my point, if the answer is no then you won't.
Jerry picks all coaches. So, I see our only hope as Jerry lucking into the right DC.

Beaker42

Reaction score
When he runs out of JWB.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry picks all coaches. So, I see our only hope as Jerry lucking into the right DC.

No the correct answer is

A. A competent General Manager is Hired.
B. Said GM then hires Competent Head Coach.
C. Said Head Coach hires his own staff.
D. Said staff is accountable to Head coach, Head coach is accountable to GM.
E. Players are accountable to coaches.

F. Everyone tells jerry to go take his helicopter and land it on his yacht and go away. Players and coaches do not run to jerry.

G. This is never ever happening again.
H. Have you heard the cut up credit card story at the airport?

kskboys

Reaction score
No the correct answer is

A. A competent General Manager is Hired.
B. Said GM then hires Competent Head Coach.
C. Said Head Coach hires his own staff.
D. Said staff is accountable to Head coach, Head coach is accountable to GM.
E. Players are accountable to coaches.

F. Everyone tells jerry to go take his helicopter and land it on his yacht and go away. Players and coaches do not run to jerry.

G. This is never ever happening again.
H. Have you heard the cut up credit card story at the airport?
Of course, that's obvious.

However, this is a discussion about how we might be able to get better as is. Jerry doesn't much care about the D, so if he actually lucked into a competent DC, we might be able to succeed.

What you're proposing is the answer of course, but since it's unrealistic, I'm looking for a possible answer w/i the realm of actually being possible.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Getting Woods back wont matter much. Something is wrong with the scheme because the DL is getting washed out on runs

MikeB80

Reaction score
Of course, that's obvious.

However, this is a discussion about how we might be able to get better as is. Jerry doesn't much care about the D, so if he actually lucked into a competent DC, we might be able to succeed.

What you're proposing is the answer of course, but since it's unrealistic, I'm looking for a possible answer w/i the realm of actually being possible.

the scheme is not changing during the season. Marinelli is an excellent defensive line coach. There is no need honestly to fire Marinelli unless the scheme is going to change. I don't see garrett leaving anytime soon and I don't think the scheme on defense is changing anytime soon either.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s that important to them. Seems to be long as they can get some 3rd down stops and play tough run D near end zone.. they are good with that.

kskboys

Reaction score
the scheme is not changing during the season. Marinelli is an excellent defensive line coach. There is no need honestly to fire Marinelli unless the scheme is going to change. I don't see garrett leaving anytime soon and I don't think the scheme on defense is changing anytime soon either.
And that answers my question as to what you think!!!!!

I am simply hoping you're wrong. Prolly not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
when we have a museum and art gallery in our practice facility and field, you must question if its overkill and becoming too posh of an atmosphere to play ball and practice. I MEAN, whats the players' motivation really? They keep being told how great they are over and over..so why shall they give more on game day?

You reference the "country club" atmosphere Jimmy johnson spoke of back in 2012. Nothing has changed.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Jerry the bad coach is being mean to me again!

Here son sit on the nice chair in my office and tell me all about it.