When will Jerry get tired of this D not being able to stop the run?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
the scheme is not changing during the season. Marinelli is an excellent defensive line coach. There is no need honestly to fire Marinelli unless the scheme is going to change. I don't see garrett leaving anytime soon and I don't think the scheme on defense is changing anytime soon either.

you are probably right.

Marinelli doesn’t change much.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Of course, that's obvious.

However, this is a discussion about how we might be able to get better as is. Jerry doesn't much care about the D, so if he actually lucked into a competent DC, we might be able to succeed.

What you're proposing is the answer of course, but since it's unrealistic, I'm looking for a possible answer w/i the realm of actually being possible.

this is why I think KRichard should be the DC.

he knows football.

Batman1980

Reaction score
yes.

this is BBDB.

make teams drive the field and kick FGs.

give up yards. Not TDS.

giphy.gif

Hadenough

Reaction score
We should fire whoever is responsible for our last 2 DL top draft picks.

Can’t fix the problem when continue to miss on top picks.
As long as this team refuses to value big DT and always goes cheap in that position they will be weak there. Over the years there have been FAs available but they never even come in for a look. Jerry should take note at how disruptive Malcom Brown was for the Saints.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
yes.

this is BBDB.

make teams drive the field and kick FGs.

give up yards. Not TDS.
Yes,I know the word...I just don’t like saying that word “Bend” hate it... But even then...they don’t even have the players for this. Crawford was our best guy last week? And ding dong Tank is on Twitter....that’s not the right stuff and we all know it,but they don’t, Get off the train...well it never left the station Tank. We’ve all been in line on the platform waiting with our tickets. ...

Praxit

Reaction score
..I dont really think he cares enough. His team is almost valued at $6bill. That engulfs everything from winning super bowls to just keeping Dallas in the media with avg records.

Las Vegas would still generate profit with just name and city lights turned on. ;)...

Beaker42

Reaction score
the scheme is not changing during the season. Marinelli is an excellent defensive line coach. There is no need honestly to fire Marinelli unless the scheme is going to change. I don't see garrett leaving anytime soon and I don't think the scheme on defense is changing anytime soon either.
You lost me at and I quit reading at “Marinelli is an excellent defensive line coach.” LMAO.

ondaedg

Reaction score
JJ is not a good GM, but he isn't stupid. We didn't look like a team that was just "weak" against the run. We looked like a team with a major scheme hole that other teams were exploiting and that is exactly what happened. If it happens again, his liquor cabinet will be about $10k lighter by next Sunday.

Hardline

Reaction score
Jerry hasn't played since his days at the university of Arkansas - I don't think he'll be able to stop the run in his late 70's
Jerry was an offensive lineman . I doubt he could stop the run then.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The key is that even when the front 4 are injured or struggling, any team can stop the run if they commit to it. LB and safety blitzes, line stunts and slants. The DC has to know tendencies and have a feel for the game and call run stunts and blitzes from time to time. There’s never an excuse for what Indy and LA last year and GB did to us this year. A coach has to gamble now and again.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes me wonder as we watch conventional 4-3's play the run much more effectively....and pressure, sack the qb on very same if not better levels.....their lb are protected much better.

Give me a belchek , Jimmie Johnson, or zimmer 4-3 .....
Fans wanted to run Zimmer out of town for years when he was here.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Not sure what you're trying to say.

I'm not sure I see this working w/ the current D staff. I'm hoping Jerry gets tired of getting gashed and makes a change.
That'll probably be this upcoming Jets game,then.

Zman5

Reaction score
If we are being honest.....we were able to stop the run. Then Kris took over the LBs and offenses figured him out. What the Rams did to us in the playoffs last season will be duplicated over and over again until Kris makes an adjustment and not blame the LBs for a lack of discipline.

It started with the Colts. Eberflus knew our scheme and players weaknesses and probably helped Reich to figure out how to exploit it.

Rams probably studied that game tape.