When will the receiver hate start?

John813

Reaction score
A lot already hate T-Will.
Depends who is out there a lot. Gallup should get some slack due to being a rookie.
Think Hurns will do a fine job out there granted he is actually healthy.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Seems like the hate is already there. Our receivers were terrible last year, only one made it past 600 yards and he didn't reach 1000, and he required a ton of targets and critical drops to pull that off.

I'm in the minority opinion but I'm exceedingly confident we can't be worse than last year in terms of receiving options. Not saying it'll be amazing but I can't imagine it's worse than last year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same goes for quite a few positions.
Heck someone hates some player, coach, position situation, FO at every place within the team. Some just hates the team itself, though claiming to be a fan.

But I have a feeling this is an attempt to start a Dez hate thread. :muttley:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
When will the receiver hate start? probably when Dak "glitches out" and can't hit nobody. Then his Dakamo lovers will start looking for an excuse to blame somebody but him. :muttley:

Carson

Reaction score
Already there

Williams - Never scores touchdowns
Hurns - was hurt, one good year
Gallup - Young and raw
Beasley - Two routes
Thompson - Been on too many teams

Now this is just me throwing crap at the wall and saying it’ll stick.

I like this group of guys. They can grow and be productive guys — Hurns 1,000+, Beasley — 750+, Gallup — 450+

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
We had it with Dak v Romo. I'm sure we will have members who hate receiver "x" because he/they replaced Dez. You know it is coming. How long will it take before the receiver hate is in full bloom?

Nah, I believe the dak vs Romo is a whole other monster than any WR vs dez. I believe the fans won't care much about it either way during the season.

We are accepting the fact that the position is being retooled and that dez fell off quit a bit anyways.

It will be either a win win or a lose lose

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had it with Dak v Romo. I'm sure we will have members who hate receiver "x" because he/they replaced Dez. You know it is coming. How long will it take before the receiver hate is in full bloom?

Based on projections of our current wide receiver group, I'd say it's in full effect already. Ours is considered the worst in the league by many people.

Rather than having any great confidence in this group for their proven talent, I choose to have confidence because the bar has been set so low. The 2016 Cowboys managed a 13-3 record with very little in terms of receiving production. Bryant had in the range of 800 yards and Witten had around 700 as I recall. That's not a high bar to hit for anyone.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Just get open. It’s up to Dak after that. Catch the ball. I wish butler didn’t screw himself. We know he can catch.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Yeah but there are fewer Dezzie admirers than Romo admirers so it shouldn't get to the Dak v Romo level but you're right it's coming. Either after a pre-season game or first game of the season. Up to the WR's to make Dezzie a distant memory :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I only hope the organization feels the same way and that they replace Williams with Wilson. I'm just done with the disappointing screw-up at this point and don't want to risk losing potentially better talent because we're stuck with Williams and his contract.

I don't see Williams contract as an issue. Unlike past season Williams will have to earn it and if suspended and a player like Wilson is showing promise Williams could be cut loose. I don't have the same feelings towards Williams as others but if someone is showing they are the better option then of course I will take the player who is an upgrade.