When will the receiver hate start?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Pre-season. As soon as Gallup or Wilson or Thompson makes one pretty good (or great) catch then it'll be the "the coaches are forcing the ball to Williams/Beasley/Swaim instead of the better receiver Gallup/Wilson/Thompson....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I choose to have confidence because the bar has been set so low

I don't have either confidence or hate, there's too many new parts to the offense as far as passing goes - no Dez, no Witten, 3 new receivers, new tight end draftee, new receivers coach, questions about Rico and questions about Dak's development.

I'm just going to sit back and watch....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We had it with Dak v Romo. I'm sure we will have members who hate receiver "x" because he/they replaced Dez. You know it is coming. How long will it take before the receiver hate is in full bloom?
I doubt there will be any. As long as Dak is QB, he'll get it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I doubt there will be any. As long as Dak is QB, he'll get it.

Nah, there are plenty of Dak lovers out there. Not saying I think Dak will be awful or even just mediocre this year, but regardless of what he does wrong, there will be plenty who will claim it's the receiver's fault, even if it's not...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had it with Dak v Romo. I'm sure we will have members who hate receiver "x" because he/they replaced Dez. You know it is coming. How long will it take before the receiver hate is in full bloom?
Do you mean the criticism ?

I believe it’s already begun. But the first sign of dysfunction, lack of production and mistakes should amplify it. Unless of course they provide us much more to cheer than boo.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nah, there are plenty of Dak lovers out there. Not saying I think Dak will be awful or even just mediocre this year, but regardless of what he does wrong, there will be plenty who will claim it's the receiver's fault, even if it's not...

I think if it is Dak mistake it should be said, if it is the WR mistake then it also should be said. When Romo was QB people had no issue coming down on Williams nor did anyone have a problem coming down on Romo if it was a ill advised pass that was picked off.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

What? It has not began?

Verdict

Reaction score
Same goes for quite a few positions.
Heck someone hates some player, coach, position situation, FO at every place within the team. Some just hates the team itself, though claiming to be a fan.

But I have a feeling this is an attempt to start a Dez hate thread. :muttley:

:muttley:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think if it is Dak mistake it should be said, if it is the WR mistake then it also should be said. When Romo was QB people had no issue coming down on Williams nor did anyone have a problem coming down on Romo if it was a ill advised pass that was picked off.

It should be that way. But for those who so and so is "their guy", it's never that guy's fault....

CPanther95

Reaction score
If it's like every other year in recent history, if they are heading to the playoffs, everybody is a Pro Bowler and "easy Top 5" in their position.

If not, everyone will say that about half of the 22 starters outright suck and demand that they be cut. The only people they'll say suck even more are the guys that will replace the starters they want cut.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
There will also be plenty out there that will say it's Dak Prescott not the receivers.......like yourself. This whole thread is about hate, even the topic.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yeah but there are fewer Dezzie admirers than Romo admirers so it shouldn't get to the Dak v Romo level but you're right it's coming. Either after a pre-season game or first game of the season. Up to the WR's to make Dezzie a distant memory :)

I don't know. Lol. The hate is strong.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
If it's like every other year in recent history, if they are heading to the playoffs, everybody is a Pro Bowler and "easy Top 5" in their position.

If not, everyone will say that about half of the 22 starters outright suck and demand that they be cut. The only people they'll say suck even more are the guys that will replace the starters they want cut.
:grin:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Seems like the hate is already there. Our receivers were terrible last year, only one made it past 600 yards and he didn't reach 1000, and he required a ton of targets and critical drops to pull that off.

I'm in the minority opinion but I'm exceedingly confident we can't be worse than last year in terms of receiving options. Not saying it'll be amazing but I can't imagine it's worse than last year.
I'm on record as being in this camp.
This year's group as a whole will outperform last year's

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It should be that way. But for those who so and so is "their guy", it's never that guy's fault....

I guess that is the real problem, Dallas Cowboys are my guys. Even a guy whom I have been harsh on in Gregory. At the start of camp I have 80 pet cats and at the end of camp I will have 53 pet cats. I have no issue with saying a player made a mistake, if you play any sports you will make mistakes. If Dak throws a poor pass that is on Dak and if the WR stops on a route or drops a pass that is on him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There will also be plenty out there that will say it's Dak Prescott not the receivers.......like yourself

Like myself? I've never said it's always Dak's fault, check my posts and you'll see.
But no such thing as a perfect NFL player, Dak has made and will make more mistakes, and I'll have no problem calling him out when he does.

As well as the receiver...

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Same goes for quite a few positions.
Heck someone hates some player, coach, position situation, FO at every place within the team. Some just hates the team itself, though claiming to be a fan.

But I have a feeling this is an attempt to start a Dez hate thread. :muttley:
Why not? It's already started to be a hate Dak thread apparently

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nah, I believe the dak vs Romo is a whole other monster than any WR vs dez. I believe the fans won't care much about it either way during the season.

We are accepting the fact that the position is being retooled and that dez fell off quit a bit anyways.

It will be either a win win or a lose lose
Dak vs romo is already over. Father Time and dak won.