When will the receiver hate start?

PUSHfold

Reaction score
Jeez...reading this forum everyday and seeing the negative outlook so many of you have about everything is really quite sad.
They'll be fine...it'll be pretty hard to be as bad as last year. I assume if there isn't any major injuries to our O-line then the entire offense will do good to great.

erod

Reaction score
A lot already hate T-Will.
Depends who is out there a lot. Gallup should get some slack due to being a rookie.
Think Hurns will do a fine job out there granted he is actually healthy.
Speaking of Williams.

He had 53 catches last year and no touchdowns.

How is that possible?

Big_D

Reaction score
Ahhh yes, the "body catcher"...who had a higher catch percentage (68%) than Dez (52%) or Beasley (57%). :muttley:

Catch %?? what a crock of a stat. 10.6 yards a reception, 0 TDs. Those stats actually mean something and he was complete garbage in both areas!

erod

Reaction score
Catch %?? what a crock of a stat. 10.6 yards a reception, 0 TDs. Those stats actually mean something and he was complete garbage in both areas!
Our wide receivers had a TOTAL of 13 touchdowns last year.

That is beyond pathetic.

Them

Reaction score
"When will the receiver hate start?"

… I thought it already did!...;)

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I don't have either confidence or hate, there's too many new parts to the offense as far as passing goes - no Dez, no Witten, 3 new receivers, new tight end draftee, new receivers coach, questions about Rico and questions about Dak's development.

I'm just going to sit back and watch....
great post

erod

Reaction score
Gotta trust Sanjay Lal right now.

He took one look at Dez' tape in this passing game and said, "no thanks, bring me Allen Hurns."

So, we'll see.

Big_D

Reaction score
If we utilize Zeke in the passing game, we will be fine ...

He should be in the range of 60 to 80 receptions? Specially considering the state of the receiving corps. He's certainly capable of Leveon Bell type numbers in the passing game. This will also counter 8 in the box.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He should be a in the range of 60 to 80 receptions? Specially considering the state of the receiving corps. He's certainly capable of Leveon Bell type numbers in the passing game. This will also counter 8 in the box.

I agree...

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I doubt there will be any. As long as Dak is QB, he'll get it.
this. He's already getting some for passes he hasn't even thrown yet. this season will only be his third, but he's already supposed to have pinpoint accuracy and suddenly develop a cannon for an arm (which he never had to begin with). I'm sure he's aware of all the blame he gets for the team letting Romo and Dez go (I'm surprised no one has blamed Witt's retirement on him as well). I'm sure being the pro that he is, he takes it all in stride and uses it as motivation. I'm sure the real Dakota is somewhere between the 2016 and 2017 versions and will surface in the next two seasons. That being said, I feel this years receiving corps will be fine. I think it's a blessing in disguise to not have a true #1 receiver.

Aven8

Reaction score
No clue. Just catch the ball when thrown to, and do your job. Don't do that and the hate will start. I just hope Hurns and Gallup aren't running the 8 yard button hooks over and over this fall...……..

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I only hope the organization feels the same way and that they replace Williams with Wilson. I'm just done with the disappointing screw-up at this point and don't want to risk losing potentially better talent because we're stuck with Williams and his contract.

Agree Stash. I hope Wilson shows something and we wave good bye to Williams in 2019. Not because of his recent actions as much as his penchant for not catching catchable footballs.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
this. He's already getting some for passes he hasn't even thrown yet. this season will only be his third, but he's already supposed to have pinpoint accuracy and suddenly develop a cannon for an arm (which he never had to begin with). I'm sure he's aware of all the blame he gets for the team letting Romo and Dez go (I'm surprised no one has blamed Witt's retirement on him as well). I'm sure being the pro that he is, he takes it all in stride and uses it as motivation. I'm sure the real Dakota is somewhere between the 2016 and 2017 versions and will surface in the next two seasons. That being said, I feel this years receiving corps will be fine. I think it's a blessing in disguise to not have a true #1 receiver.

Like the avatar man!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Romo had the luxury of T.O., Bryant and Witten in their prime. Hopefully the staff gives him that kind of tool because he really hasn't had it.

GenoT

Reaction score
We had it with Dak v Romo. I'm sure we will have members who hate receiver "x" because he/they replaced Dez. You know it is coming. How long will it take before the receiver hate is in full bloom?
Gotta love a “receiver hate” thread that references Dak vs Romo in the first sentence.