When will we know what Uncle Jerry is doing with Dak?

btgboys41

Reaction score
I think there’s a reasonable chance it gets ugly….and I’m on team Jerry if that’s the case.

Dak has plenty of money, and needs a supporting cast that they can’t provide if he wants 60m year. He has a chance to compromise and win back some fan support, and also increase his chances of losing the choke label with better players around him.

If it was his first big contract, I wouldn’t say that, but he needs to seriously consider a compromise. He will be a happier man for it.
I want it to get ugly but it won’t. Jerry and Dak will hold hands throughout and say the right things. Afterwards, Dak will be seen driving a Brinks truck.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
Any ideas folks what the time frame would look like for us down to Earth Cowboy fans on what our GM is doing with Dak?
Yes, there is still hope in our hearts.
Is March the month anyone??????????????
Know-nothing Dak hater asks message board members how NFL free agency works.

Can't make this stuff up.

Let's hold a seminar on NFL rules for members like this.

Part 1 can be field dimensions and how many points you get for a TD, FG and safety.

"DURRRRR BUT WAIT, CAN DAK STILL PASS THE BALL IF HE SCRAMBLES PAST THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE????"
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Going all in should mean that this team will finally get serious about the Quarterback position. We need to draft a talented and highly regarded QB with a high draft pick. Use whatever resources necessary to move up in the draft and make it happen and then build your team around him.

If we extend and trot Dak back out there next year then this team won’t be serious contenders for a Super Bowl and won’t be for years. Jerry’s inevitable extension of Dak is a prime example of everything that’s been wrong with this team for 30 years.

It’s a hopeless situation.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Going all in should mean that this team will finally get serious about the Quarterback position. We need to draft a talented and highly regarded QB with a high draft pick. Use whatever resources necessary to move up in the draft and make it happen and then build your team around him.

If we extend and trot Dak back out there next year then this team won’t be serious contenders for a Super Bowl and won’t be for years. Jerry’s inevitable extension of Dak is a prime example of everything that’s been wrong with this team for 30 years.

It’s a hopeless situation.
See, the problems is, Dak fans don't care about no stupid Super Bowls, their love lies in Dak getting a bag, that's all. I guess posters that will put up with eight coming on nine years or more of bad QB have very low expectations for the Dallas Cowboys. They just don't want JJ to keep the man down.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Yeah, all the other playoff QBs had at least 2-3 good WR weapons, very good Olines, very good RBs, a very good TE or two, very good coaches, schemes/play designs and very good playcallers.

But Dak has to do it all by himself.
Dude Dak admitted he played badly in the game. I definitely don’t put it all on him. That team wasn’t ready to play football. That’s on the coaches. It was embarrassing. Can‘t remember a team looking so unprepared. IMO the whole coaching staff should have been gone.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Dude Dak admitted he played badly in the game. I definitely don’t put it all on him. That team wasn’t ready to play football. That’s on the coaches. It was embarrassing. Can‘t remember a team looking so unprepared. IMO the whole coaching staff should have been gone.
It's not that they weren't ready, they admitted they were tired, which is basically saying they didn't bother to give any effort

fivetwos

Reaction score
I want it to get ugly but it won’t. Jerry and Dak will hold hands throughout and say the right things. Afterwards, Dak will be seen driving a Brinks truck.
Yeah I’m sure little Stevie will cave because that’s what he does (unless it’s an outside player then it’s constant lowball) ….but they back themselves into situations where they have no real alternative.

This case is a little different though, because it’s not Daks first big contract, and they won’t be able to fix this if they are paying him 60m plus. It’s something he ought to genuinely consider for his own sake.

While everyone else was focusing on misinterpreting what “all in” means in Jerrys world, I heard him say “Dak has to work with us.” That has to happen to even have a shot for “all in” to mean what most hope it did.

Gambit

Reaction score
Te quote from the Micah talked to Jerry about players part

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak always says he played poorly. He always takes the blame. Never blames anyone else. But I agree, the whole team was totally unprepared, including coaches.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Uncle Jerry is too freakng predictable by now....he will extend Dak, resign CeeDee and Micah to big deals and then be scraping the bottom of the barrel for FA pickups if they get any. Won't have the moolah for any blue chip FA, one who will make an impact on offense and/or defense. This will still not get him anywhere close to the SB, but it keeps him where he wants to be, around the rim, people talking about him/them, and better to be the butt of a joke than not be mentioned at all.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Uncle Jerry is too freakng predictable by now....he will extend Dak, resign CeeDee and Micah to big deals and then be scraping the bottom of the barrel for FA pickups if they get any. Won't have the moolah for any blue chip FA, one who will make an impact on offense and/or defense. This will still not get him anywhere close to the SB, but it keeps him where he wants to be, around the rim, people talking about him/them, and better to be the butt of a joke than not be mentioned at all.
I hope Dak ruins the salary cap. He does not deserve to win a SB, as if he actually could.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
All I see in the future is more Stephen A laughing at the Cowboys, talking how Dak ain't going to No Superbowl...
If Dallas can put together a running game ,Ol double toungue Stephen A might not be laughing much.I can hope can't I .

btgboys41

Reaction score
Yeah I’m sure little Stevie will cave because that’s what he does (unless it’s an outside player then it’s constant lowball) ….but they back themselves into situations where they have no real alternative.

This case is a little different though, because it’s not Daks first big contract, and they won’t be able to fix this if they are paying him 60m plus. It’s something he ought to genuinely consider for his own sake.

While everyone else was focusing on misinterpreting what “all in” means in Jerrys world, I heard him say “Dak has to work with us.” That has to happen to even have a shot for “all in” to mean what most hope it did.
You’re right in that this case is a bit different. I think I just have a hard time imagining Dak not hunting for the full bag.

khiladi

Reaction score
They were prepared.. the basic scheme just got figured out with the tape and Dak returned to peak form…. He only runs the system and can’t throw consistently past his first read.. can’t do anything about it.. the bailing of the pocket could only last so long after the bye week, when it was introduced

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No he doesn’t…. He plays against the awful
NFC East twice a year.. and then he plays a decent non-divisional rival in the playoffs and gets blown out..

Deduct his wins vs the NFC East his record is .500.
This is what a Great MVP QB our made of.........correct? :muttley:

Yes, Tom Brady had the weak AFC East for years but he also got 6 SB rings.
Guess how many DAKTRASH has.................:thumbdown:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He’s getting re-signed if Jerry is serious about ’all in’ with free agents. What Is it? $50 million cap hit down to $20 million? Going from last year of contract to first year? Just screwed if we have to release Dak early In it. Dak needs to be realistic too. Taking Andy Dalton and Tony Roma’s place as the new decade-long starter who can’t do Jack in the playoffs.

rambo2

Reaction score
No he doesn’t…. He plays against the awful
NFC East twice a year.. and then he plays a decent non-divisional rival in the playoffs and gets blown out..
They didn't get blown out the year before.